Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  00:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best I know the seven days of the week have never missed a beat.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday....

This works independent of both the sun and moon. This is dependent on the sun coming up in the morning.

These two sentences:

quote:
The first thing I would like to point out is that it is never written sabbath day is it? so to continue to assume sabbath day everytime we talk of the sabbath is you reading of scripture.

I am having trouble understanding because of deviations in syntax. However I think my point is clear. Saturday has been considered the Sabbath day. Maybe there is some evidence to the contrary presented here and I have not read it. I apologize if my comment was not helpful.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 18 Jan 2005 00:16:00
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  13:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Merrill
Best I know the seven days of the week have never missed a beat.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday....

This works independent of both the sun and moon. This is dependent on the sun coming up in the morning......

Regards,

David Merrill.

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

It is our understanding that the seven days mentioned above (each based on the name of a pagan god - names we are forbidden to have on our lips) are not names of days of the week on the Ancient Hebrew Calendar that Yahweh gave our ancestors the provision for.

It is our further understanding that Exodus 12:2 provides that on the calendar for Adamic Hebrew Israylite people and the Strangers among them who wish to live according to Yahweh's Way; the spring equinox is the first day of the year.

If the spring equinox occurs in a particular year on the day/date called 3/20 on the Gregorian calendar...then to communicate with someone who lives by the Gregorian calendar it would be necessary for us to say that:

1.) 3/20 Gregorian is the first day of the year on Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar....and...

2.) 3/20 Gregorian is the first day of the first month (Abib) on Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar...and...

3.) 3/20 Gregorian is the first day of the first week of the year on Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar.

It may be true that the Babylonian inspired calendars have never missed on beat since there inception...but they appear to be most certainly "out of whack" with Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar.

Respectfully Submitted,

Marty
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  15:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, then there has never been evidence that the Hebrews, Israelites or Jews reset the week to the first day being Nisan 1; the first day of the "Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar".

Just consider me saying, "First Day, Second Day, Third Day, Fourth Day, Fifth Day, Sixth Day, Seventh Day..." in the above Post. Instead of the days of the week everyone knows. You are misconstruing my point.

You are saying that the first day of the new year resets the days of the Week to the First Day (Sunday)? I have never heard of that in any doctrine.

The rabbis juggle the lunar calendar into the solar calendar enough during every 19 year portion of the Daniel Cycle anyway. That would be rediculous to say the rabbis even know which years are truly reset to proper Nisan 1 with the Abib month compensating between the two calendars. They would probably tell you they just do the best they can with what they got. But every six or eight years it would wander into the questionable period between conjunctions of the sun and moon. So I doubt the Israelites ever reset the days of the week to Nisan 1. Doing so would disrupt the seventh day Sabbath; and that according to odds would happen six out of every seven years.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 18 Jan 2005 18:31:10
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  21:46:31  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cornerstone Foundation

3.) 3/20 Gregorian is the first day of the first week of the year on Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar.

I believe the commands for Passover and Pentecost demand 1/1 be a Sabbath, even if the Bible doesn't say that directly. This would certainly apply whether solar or lunar.

1/15 is a Sabbath (feast, no servile work); then one is to count seven Sabbaths, "even unto the morrow" fifty days, and "seven Sabbaths shall be complete."

Leviticus 23:
6* And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
7* In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
15* ¶ And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
16* Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

The way I see it, the fiftieth day has to be part of the seven "weeks", and a continuation of the fourty-ninth day (the seventh Sabbath) which is also a Sabbath - a double Sabbath. If there is a Sabbath every seven days starting with 1/15, then, reckoning backwards, that's pretty good evidence that 1/8 and 1/1 are also Sabbaths. Always. (If anyone wants to argue that the wave offering is not on 1/16, there is Joshua 4:19 to 5:12 that demonstrates it is. No, it doesn't say outright it is, but reading what they did shows it had to be.)

Edited by - Walter on 19 Jan 2005 05:41:18
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  06:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations Walter:
Peace be unto the house.
You state:
quote:
I believe the commands for Passover and Pentecost demand 1/1 be a Sabbath, even if the Bible doesn't say that directly. [Emphasis added]

Considering the harsh penalty for missing a shabbath [or shabbathon], one would think had Yahowah "demanded" Abib 1 to be a sabbath [or shabbathon], we would have seen Him emphatically say so, as He does at Passover...Exodus 12:16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.
...at the Day of Antonement...
Leviticus 16:29 And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all... etc., etc.
...and purely as a speculation, it would probably have been generally at Exodus 12, explicitly at verse 2, but we see no such decree by the Supreme Suveran, unless of course one wishes to translate hodesh [the cee is silent] as "new moon", as we finally see done in the 9th book of the Scripture in the KJV, and 14th book in the 1599 Geneva Version, etc. However, were this the case, we perceive that we would have seen some variation of "in it thou shalt do no work" as we see, if memory serves us correctly, in all other instances.
We do not mean by this writing to infer that you may not "believe" whatever it is that you wish to believe, merely that we cannot find where Yahowah "demands" it.

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 19 Jan 2005 11:20:58
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  06:51:09  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneisraelite

Greetings and salutations Walter:
Peace be unto the house.
You state:
quote:
I believe the commands for Passover and Pentecost demand 1/1 be a Sabbath, even if the Bible doesn't say that directly. [Emphasis added]

Considering the harsh penalty for missing a sabbath, one would think had Yahowah "demanded" Abib 1 to be a sabbath, we would have seen Him emphatically say so, as He does at Passover...
Exodus 12:16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.
...at the Day of Antonement...
Leviticus 16:29 And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all... etc., etc.
...and purely as a speculation, it would probably have been generally at Exodus 12, explicitly at verse 2, but we see no such decree by the Supreme Suveran, unless of course one wishes to translate hodesh [the cee is silent] as "new moon", as we finally see done in the 9th book of the Scripture in the KJV, and 14th book in the 1599 Geneva Version, etc. However, were this the case, we perceive that we would have seen some variation of "in it thou shalt do no work" as we see, if memory serves us correctly, in all other instances.
We do not mean by this writing to infer that you may not "believe" whatever it is that you wish to believe, merely that we cannot find where Yahowah "demands" it.

If 1/15 is a Sabbath, and (per Lev. 23:15-16) there are seven Sabbaths following, the last one on he 49th day, which is to be continued to the 50th day, how can you say the day 7 days previous to 1/15 and the day 14 days previous to 1/15 are not also Sabbaths? A pattern has been laid out to show when the weekly Sabbaths occur, imho.

The other point I want to make is that (as it seems clear to me) there is a double Sabbath at Pentecost, which causes which "day of the week" that is a Sabbath to "slip." This point applies to solar or lunar calendars. Does anyone argue that there is no double Sabbath needed to fulfill Lev. 23:15-16?
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  07:19:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings David Merrill:
Peace be unto the house.
You state:
quote:
Ok, then there has never been evidence that the Hebrews, Israelites or Jews reset the week to the first day being Nisan 1; the first day of the "Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar".

If we understand your above statement correctly, you are stating here that Nisan 1 is the first day of the "Yahweh's Ancient Hebrew Calendar" and, in our humble opinions, this is not the case, though it may match up to Abib one, as a "coinkydink", occasionally. This will inevitably be off a span of time because of their awaiting the "new moon".

And we find it highly unlikely that Yahowah would name His first month after the Babylonian god Nisanu.

"In the Babylonian calendar a year consisted of 12 lunar months, each beginning when a new crescent moon was first sighted low on the western horizon at sunset. This system came into use sometime before 2000 BC.

The names of the months were:

Nisanu
Ayaru
Simanu
Du`uzu
Abu
Ululu
Tashritu
Arakhsamna
Kislimu
Tebetu
Shabatu
Adaru
Beginning about 499 BC the calendar began to be regulated by a lunisolar cycle of 19 years equaling 235 months. Although usually called the Metonic cycle, Meton (432 BC) probably learned of the cycle from the Babylonians. After no more than three isolated exceptions, by 380 BC the calendar was regulated by the cycle without exception. Within the cycle of 19 years, the month Adaru 2 was intercalated, except in the year that was number 17 in the cycle, when the month Ululu 2 was inserted. During this period, the first day of each month (beginning at sunset) continued to be the day when a new crescent moon was first sighted—the calendar never used a specified number of days in any month."

"The Jewish adoption of Babylonian calendar customs, dates from the period of the Babylonian Exile in the 6th century B.C.E…"

We find also that the Romans followed this same Babylonian moon tradition [which they may have gotten from the Assyrians].
"During those years in Rome, for example, a Pontifex (priest) observed the sky and announced a new moon and therefore the new month to the king. For centuries afterward Romans referred to the first day of each new month as Kalends or Calends from their word calare (to announce solemnly, to call out). The word calendar derived from this custom…"

It is also our understanding that within the history of man, in various cultures, the "week" has gone from seven day, to five day, to eight day and to ten day weeks [and perhaps others] and eventually back to seven.

We hope this information is helpful.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 19 Jan 2005 09:27:48
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  08:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OneIsraelite;

We agree. Walter said:

quote:
I believe the commands for Passover and Pentecost demand 1/1 be a Sabbath, even if the Bible doesn't say that directly. This would certainly apply whether solar or lunar.

And for that to happen without altering the seven-day cycle of the week, it would call for a wonderful string of coincidences. Suddenly it fits a superstring theory. I mean for a flash. Maybe on some level they do match up and we make it slip when we try to perceive rationally. The standing waves setting the timeline collapse in favor of our sanity.

I have a special calculator - one of those old electronic daytimers. It has a function where I can enter two dates and add or subtract and it gives me the exact amount of days or years between the dates. I think of it as accurate.

http://ecclesia.org/forum/images/suitors/DanielCalendar.jpg
Daniel's Calendar

But maybe it is only a crutch to help me think my assertions are correct, even when arguing an opposing point-of-view. It shifts my perspective into a certain view of reality and sense of correctness and sanity. I won the device in a contest for designing a laser cooling system. Second place. I was trying for a VHS camcorder - one of those big things.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 19 Jan 2005 08:19:51
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  08:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Walter:
Peace be unto the house.
You state:
quote:
If 1/15 is a Sabbath...

Therein, perhaps, lies the key. We have found, nowhere in the Scripture, that the 15th of Abib is a "shabbath", it is however, a "shabbathon", we believe. Shabbathons [H7677], are, a sabbatism or special holiday [set-apart day]. A sabbatism, is a special holiday [set-apart day] that is treated like a “weekly” sabbath [H7676]. These occur also on “of the 1st and last days of the Feast of Tabernacles; the Day of At-one-ment; and the misnamed Feast of Trumpets” [Day of Acclamation]. [We perceive that if one does an in-depth study, they will find neither a feast or a trumpet.]
ACCLAMA'TION, n. [L. acclamatio. See acclaim.] A shout of applause uttered by a multitude. – Webster’s 1828 American Dictionary of English Language
In fact, there are a couple of places in the Scripture where we see a shabbath of a shabbathon, an interesting phraseology, to say the least.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 19 Jan 2005 09:11:29
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  09:05:45  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

OneIsraelite;

We agree. Walter said:

quote:

And for that to happen without altering the seven-day cycle of the week, it would call for a wonderful string of coincidences.

But the God of all creation is supreme in providing coincidences; if we only follow His instructions and patterns.

What's missing to explain the calendar layout linked below, is that the command that 7/1 be a Sabbath be interpreted to *delay* 7/1 until the next, weekly Sabbath. Likewise, delay the start of the next year until the VE, which if a leap year has a double Sabbath (after the pattern of Pentecost). The additional days provided by this give 365- and 366-day years. It all fits, without neglecting or re-interpreting the Biblical commands for the feasts.
http://home.earthlink.net/~walterk12/Xian/Cal/CalBibleQ.html

I am curious how lunar adherents deal with the seven sabbaths and seven weeks making fifty days for Pentecost. They should have no argument that the first day of the first month is a Sabbath. (Well, some systems might, but the one starting this thread doesn't.)

Edited by - Walter on 19 Jan 2005 09:07:16
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  09:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly.

http://www.aish.com/literacy/reference/AishLuach_(Luach_means_-Calendar-_in_Hebrew).asp

And use this calendar with SkyGlobe by NASA:

http://astro4.ast.vill.edu/skyglobe.htm
http://www.eaaa.net/download.htm

It is entertaining to discover how Hebrews and Babylonians dealt with reckoning. It looks as though modern Jews are going on the scientific calculations instead of the traditional 'two witnesses in Jerusalem'. So it gets a little more accurate lately.

But you may discern from the rest of my comment that I am game for exploration and even mental experimentation with models, regardless how far-fetched. It is just when dealing with calendars, common law prevails. There has to be mutual agreement for it to be considered a real calendar. At least I will assert that is so this week.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 19 Jan 2005 09:46:55
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  11:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

....But you may discern from the rest of my comment that I am game for exploration and even mental experimentation with models, regardless how far-fetched. It is just when dealing with calendars, common law prevails. There has to be mutual agreement for it to be considered a real calendar. At least I will assert that is so this week.

Regards,

David Merrill.

If we properly understand the point you are making in the quote above, David, the thoughts that have occurred to us concerning that are:

Perhaps it may be appropriate, while being in the world of the Babylonian System but not of that world, to, at times, convert from the Ancient Hebrew Calendar to the Julian/Gregorian/Babylonian/Roman Calendar in order to communicate with those who are of that system...if and when it appears that their common law is based in that calendar.

In our view, this is perhaps no different than having to convert from two thousand pound American tons to metric tons in order to enter a contract to sell wheat to a country that uses the metric system as their standard of measure.

Having entered said contract, it does not follow that we must change our standard of measure thereafter here in our American society.

We believe one can be versatile without compromising important principles.

We encourage ourselves and others to promote Yahweh's Kingdom Ways as we look for a city whose builder and maker is Yahweh and we seek a country as our ancestor Abraham did. One of the places in the Holy Scriptures where this is referred to is:
quote:
Hebrew 11:10-16....

For he (i.e. Abraham) looked for a city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is Yahweh.

Through the faith, Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age; because she judged Him faithful Who had promised.

And so from this one man, and he as well as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the seashore-innumerable.

All these died in the faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were convinced of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth;

For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

And truly, if they had been thinking of the country which they had left, they would have had opportunity to return.

But now they long for a better kingdom, that is, a heavenly; therefore, Yahweh is not ashamed to be called their Father, for He has prepared a city for them.
To us David, this is not "pie in the sky".

We perceive that the help you are giving others in the "saving to suitors" and related areas is moving people in the direction of coming out of the kingdoms of the gods of this world and moving into or toward Yahweh's Kingdom. That is one of the reasons we have an appreciation for you and what you do, David.

You might ask yourself..'Do I, David Merrill, have the faith referred to so often in the 11th chapter of the Book of Hebrews'?

The Scripture says that faith is a gift. We ask that Yahweh will grant you that gift if He has not already done so. May Yahweh,s will be done regarding that matter.

The faith may be beyond reason, even for someone as intelligent as you, David, but it is not against reason.

Respectfully submitted,

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 19 Jan 2005 12:38:15
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  14:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oneisraylite made a post to this "Lunar Sabbath" Topic on Gregorian 1/19/2005 at 8:49:05 AM.

We have responded to the contents of that post on The Biblical (Solar) CalendarTopic rather than here in the "Lunar Sabbath" Topic because in our opinion that is where such a discussion belongs.

We would prefer that the topic be entitled Scriptural Solar Calendar or Restoration of the Ancient Hebrew Solar Calendar.

It is our understanding that Oneisraylite and Walter both understand these sabbaths to be sabbaths on the Ancient Hebrew Solar Calendar as opposed to a lunar sabbaths on the lunar calendar.

It is our further understanding that Oneisraylite, Walter and Cornerstone Foundation are in agreement that the lunar calendar is not a scripturally based calendar established by Yahweh.

The lunar calendar is a calendar that the Israylite people used at times. The Scripture indicates the use of the lunar calendar, perhaps, but also records Yahweh's extreme displeasure concerning its use.

Having said that, will the reader please direct his or her attention to The Biblical (Solar) Calendartopic if he or she has an interest in reading the exerpt from Oneisraylite's post and Cornnerstone's question concerning it.

Respectfully submitted,

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 19 Jan 2005 14:15:29
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  14:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly feel like I have requested and received the gift of faith.
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  07:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FAITH, n. [L. fides, fido...]
FIDEL'ITY, n. [L. fidelitas, from fides, faith, fido, to trust. See Faith.]

It is our contention that the words faith [in] and fidelity [to] the Chief Ruler/Principle Officer of Yahowah's government, and Yahowah Himself, are virtually synonymous. And please, do not construe this to mean that we are saying, or even inferring, that you do not have it, David; that is not for us to say, that is between you and Yahowah. We are merely pointing this out for the edification of this Ecclesia.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 21 Jan 2005 08:14:39
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  08:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know where you were inquiring from:

quote:
You might ask yourself..'Do I, David Merrill, have the faith referred to so often in the 11th chapter of the Book of Hebrews'?

The Scripture says that faith is a gift. We ask that Yahweh will grant you that gift if He has not already done so. May Yahweh,s will be done regarding that matter.

And I was simply informing everybody that I have earnestly inquired of God and myself that every thought be ascribed unto Him. My writing here has long become so prolific that I give up on people reading to know my heart. That is to say I do not presume that everyone bothers to read my Posts and that many people may be reading around my Posts. Maybe just to save time.

People who do read my Posts I hope will come to understand it is the faith of Yehoshuah H'Natzrith that I cherish, not faith in Yehoshuah H'Natzrith. The latter just means acknowledging he was a real historical character, not fiction. Whoever he was, man or God incarnate, I believe when he raised his eyes toward heaven and prayed to the Father, he had 100% confidence he was not wasting his breath. He knew God the Father to be omnipresent and caring. He knew God was listening to him pray.

That is what I want always. 100% knowledge God is.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 21 Jan 2005 08:35:12
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  13:48:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear David:
Peace be unto the house.
quote:
And I was simply informing everybody that I have earnestly inquired of God and myself that every thought be ascribed unto Him.

It is written that there are gods many, if you do not mind us asking, to which god do you refer to here? If you do mind, simply do not answer our question.
Sincerely, brother Robert:

Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  14:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like you when speaking outside the scope of monotheism, I write "god" as a noun in general. The noun in specific "God" is inherently the only true god. [That syntax is easily misconstrued. On the presumption there is only one god, there exist no gods in general. "God" becomes "god" to satisfy proper English because there is only one supreme and sovereign - God. There are no lesser gods but false gods, which are mere idols, not "gods" at all.] In Western thinking we try to make sense out of gods but in the true sense of monotheism, that just makes no sense - "god" in plural.

Shema! Israel! Yodi-Heho-Wavo-Heyah eloheynu
Yodi-Heho-Wavo-Heyah echad.

quote:
De 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

That is the explicit pronunciation of Yod - Hey - Vaw - Hey or Yehovah. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel. God of the Holy Bible.

Edited by - David Merrill on 22 Jan 2005 15:55:35
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  12:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Like you when speaking outside the scope of monotheism, I write "god" as a noun in general. The noun in specific "God" is inherently the only true god. [That syntax is easily misconstrued. On the presumption there is only one god, there exist no gods in general. "God" becomes "god" to satisfy proper English because there is only one supreme and sovereign - God. There are no lesser gods but false gods, which are mere idols, not "gods" at all.]

It is our understanding that Yahweh is neither a "god" nor a "God". We perceive that if the untampered with manuscripts were available one would not see the words "el", "elah", "elohim", "adonay" and "baal" used in reference to Yahweh.

There is an abundance of Scripture to support the fact that Yahweh is in a "class" all by himself. We use the word "class" only because of the inadequacies of our vocabulary. We perceive it is improper to "classify" Yahweh. If someone can give us a more appropriate word to use we would appreciate it.

We submit that there is only one Yahweh. He is the Supreme Creator, the Everliving Father of Abraham, Isaac and Israyl. He is neither a "god" nor a "God" and it is inappropraite to refer to Him as either.

Respectfully submitted,

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  12:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

onisraelite makes a valid point. Maybe the command is to simply work six days and rest on the seventh irrespective of a specific (man made) calendar. Even I am lord of the Sabbath.

I would tend to agree with you both. I dislike reading Saturday, Sunday, or Moonday into a commandment that says nothing about weeks or moons.

Ask any little child when the week begins. Unless he has been specifically taught "Sunday is the first day of the week", he will always reply "Monday". Meaning Sunday is the seventh day. Why do we trust Jewish and Catholic traditions more than living, breathing, Christian practice?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000