Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2005 :  16:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

quote:
Originally posted by Linc

The earth doesn't spin, according to the Word. The sun, moon, and heavens spin around the earth.

Linc, could you please indicate where in scripture it says that the earth doesn't spin; rather, the sun, moon and heavens spin around the earth. I would like to take a closer look at that.

The scriptures say it in so many places, I'll refer you to two websites that list all the relevant scriptures, and also discuss the scientific evidence.

Gordon Bane's site: http://www.geocentricbible.com/
Marshall Hall's site: http://www.fixedearth.com/
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  20:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simple math and physics - do you realize how fast the sun would have to move to revolve around the earth, let alone the stars.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  20:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont understand why evolution and the age of the earth have anything to do with each other - they dont. But to belive the earth is only 6000 years old is even harder because the earth itself proves this wrong. There was a lot of action on this planet many millions of our years ago - the proof is everywhere. The bible does not say the earth was created 6000 years ago?
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  13:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jambosas

I dont understand why evolution and the age of the earth have anything to do with each other - they dont. But to belive the earth is only 6000 years old is even harder because the earth itself proves this wrong. There was a lot of action on this planet many millions of our years ago - the proof is everywhere. The bible does not say the earth was created 6000 years ago?

If you are wrong on this matter, jambosas, how can I trust you on the lunar sabbath issue?

For good evidence that the universe is only 7000 years old, read Professor Walt Brown's site.

http://creationscience.com

The sun can go around the earth easily, it won't be going any faster than people claim the earth is currently going around the sun.

However, Marshall Hall gives good evidence that the stars, moon and sun are even closer to the earth than we are told by pagan heliocentrics pseudo-scientists.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  17:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The rules of math and physics become your problem if you trust Mr. Brown - number one if the stars are all within the 7000 year zone as you he claims (billions and billions of stars millions of times the size of the earth - by the way the sun is a small star) we would die of radiation exposure (physics) but that cant happen (Math) because os the size of all the stars they wont fit - now for the starts at the so called 7000 year away zone to revolve around the earth - do the math the speed is not possible E=MC2 wont allow it. But back to scripture - now that I have tried to explain the lunar calendar some hard scripture now makes some sense. 1 SAM 20:34 can only happen in a lunar calender where the moon rise dictates the time period. 1 SAM 20:54 why did David have to wait until the third evening - this was a three day sabbath period - it fits the lunar way.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  17:54:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the day inside the new moon cycle a sabbath - AMOS 8:5 they had to wait until the new moon was over to start work.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2005 :  18:03:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the subject of oil or coal and its age. The method coal is made and its age can be debated but the math problem is = the shale mound from mid America up through Canada has more dead life in it than could ever have been produced in 7000 years let alone 100000 years. To explain away these issues ??? why to prove the Bible it needs no help you just need to look at things from the prove it mindset. why do some people keep saturday - they cant prove it.
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  23:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The rules of math and physics become your problem if you trust Mr. Brown - number one if the stars are all within the 7000 year zone as you he claims (billions and billions of stars millions of times the size of the earth - by the way the sun is a small star) we would die of radiation exposure (physics) but that cant happen (Math) because os the size of all the stars they wont fit

You are assuming facts not in evidence. How do you KNOW that the stars are the size they say they are? I say that, to fit the Biblical model, the stars are NOT the giant nuclear reactors we have been told. They are nearby, and very small.

quote:
now for the starts at the so called 7000 year away zone to revolve around the earth - do the math the speed is not possible E=MC2 wont allow it.

I never said the universe was 7000 light years across. In fact, Marshall Hall and Gordon Bane make a good case that the universe is less than one light-DAY across. Doctor Bouw explains how, even if the universe was millions of light-years across, the science of plenums explains how it could rotate around the earth easily.

If you had read the links I posted, you would not be defending your position with arguments that have already been exploded.

quote:
But back to scripture - now that I have tried to explain the lunar calendar some hard scripture now makes some sense. 1 SAM 20:34 can only happen in a lunar calender where the moon rise dictates the time period. 1 SAM 20:54 why did David have to wait until the third evening - this was a three day sabbath period - it fits the lunar way.

This evidence is suggestive, not conclusive. It could be that any holy day is treated as a Sabbath. So a New Moon would be treated as Sabbath even if it wasn't the seventh-day sabbath.

Remember Jambosas, you're talking to a guy who wears a beard, blue tassels, and sacrifices sheep to be in conformance with God's Law. I WANT to practice the lunar sabbath. It is really appealing. But the evidence has to line up.

So far, the only thing I can say with certainty, after every six days of work, the entire ecclesia must rest together and keep the seventh day holy. Whether that be saturday, sunday, or lunar day, is inconclusive. Each side makes good arguments.
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2005 :  23:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

On the subject of oil or coal and its age. The method coal is made and its age can be debated but the math problem is = the shale mound from mid America up through Canada has more dead life in it than could ever have been produced in 7000 years let alone 100000 years. To explain away these issues ???

You are assuming facts not in evidence. I disagree that the shale mounds have more life in them than could be produced in 7000 years. We DON'T KNOW what the earth was like before the flood, other than that it was heavily populated and that the entire land became polluted and ruined through genetic intermixing.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  12:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Linc I was out of touch for a while. The mound facts are used because the amounts are so large that no matter what time frame you use it still holds true - no matter what the earth was like - the globe just isnt big enough to produce in such a short time (these guys have worked this issue)? Back to the sabbath - the main issue is - is the sabbath a day, if it is not a day then working 6 days and stopping work on the 7th day is a valid statement? The new testament never says sabbath day in the greek? Same goes with the stars - its not length or distance it power and size - no matter what - the output alone of these billions of stars within any small distance from earth would roast us - a very small distance being 10000 lightyears? The impossible must be answered before one can have a reasonable explanation? Why do I use the moon - I was looking for why scripture is so mistranslated around the word sabbath and why some verses dont match up to any calendar. What fits - after years of moon appearance study (what I call it) and the basic fact that we are on earth looking up I found that the moon rise, start of a lunnar period, covers all wierd calendar verses and never needs adjustments, and tells time every day of the year for ever. The key was to start with nothing and see what fits - then as things started to take shape (lunar times fell into place) other things became clear - my favorite verse for this is where David mentions the second new moon sabbath day - belive it or not this fits in a lunar calendar.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  12:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The rules of how things work were made by the Great One who was - is - and will always be - why try to work around them to make sense of things? The fact that I go to diffrent sites who poke fun at lunar stuff and defend with facts makes them mad and they throw me out - means they have not thought through their faith - most who at least admit they dont know say they do it because the Jews did it - sounds like the jist of the New Testatment story no?
Go to Top of Page

CHIZKIYAHU

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2005 :  01:11:39  Show Profile  Visit CHIZKIYAHU's Homepage  Send CHIZKIYAHU a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have been lead recently to Look at the Lunar Shabbat I have heard many debates against it but many Show no real proof against it mostly just opinions and air.FOR those who oppose lunar SHABBAT PLEASE! show me in scriptures (1.)THAT SATURDAY is the 7th day and also(2.)WHERE SCRIPTURALLY TO START MY COUNT TO SHOW SATURDAY AS THE SABBATH as far as I see there is only one place to start a count for any feast etc is NEW MOON count 14 pass,count 15 Unleavened bread etc etc!!

BE BLESSED!

CHIZKIYAHU Y TZURIEL
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2005 :  16:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CHIZKIYAHU

I have been lead recently to Look at the Lunar Shabbat I have heard many debates against it but many Show no real proof against it mostly just opinions and air.FOR those who oppose lunar SHABBAT PLEASE! show me in scriptures (1.)THAT SATURDAY is the 7th day and also(2.)WHERE SCRIPTURALLY TO START MY COUNT TO SHOW SATURDAY AS THE SABBATH as far as I see there is only one place to start a count for any feast etc is NEW MOON count 14 pass,count 15 Unleavened bread etc etc!!

You have it all wrong. It is you who must show us how a Lunar Sabbath fits in with a 50 day Omer count to reach Pentecost, "the day after the seventh sabbath".

The whole Saturday/Sunday and "what time does a day start" debates are independant of the Lunar Sabbath issue. Not related. Not even going to go down those roads.

Deal with the Omer count, and I will convert to Lunar Sabbath keeping immediately, because all the other evidence appears to match up, except for the counting of time in Ezekiel, which doesn't match up with 7th day sabbaths either.

In all the Sabbath debates, noone seems to bother taking into account that God CHANGED the calendar at the time of Israel's exile. He added 5 days to the year, and shrunk the month by 1/2 day.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  11:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new moon being the first sight of it I hope? not the period when the moon cannot be seen. What scripture do you use to explain counting 50 days from what day and after what sabbath?
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  11:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello CHIZKIYAHU You are right - they do not prove saturnday - because they cant. Anyone who uses the sun as a measure of time has introduced time to a calendar that cannot fit without manmade changes. A true calendar would never need changes and be valid anywhere on earth until the end of this age. The lunar calendar is this calendar created by the Father of all, perfect in time, every period is accounted for every day.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  11:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fifty day count issue: first question is the sabbath a day - I contend it is not a day and there for how can it be counted as one? Show me where sabbath is a day (all sabbath periods have a day in them).
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  11:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The fifty day count issue: first question is the sabbath a day - I contend it is not a day and there for how can it be counted as one? Show me where sabbath is a day (all sabbath periods have a day in them).

Show me how the fiftieth day can be the day after the seventh sabbath, in your Lunar Sabbath scheme. Because the Bible is very clear that the seven sabbaths took 49 days, and the day after the seventh sabbath is the fiftieth.

How is this possible with a Lunar Sabbath?
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  12:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lunar calendar has this feast at the 28th period of the 4th month every year. First lets look at a phrase all saturday people wish to over look on this count. EX34:22 A good translation would be .....on or after the (turning, new year, or revolution of the year) How can you count your way and be anywhere near a new year or revolution of a year? The best translation backed by the greek is revolution of the year - this could be summer? where the sun starts back, and fits in a global environment. By the way this day falls in a sabbath period on the lunar calendar both in the northern and southern parts of the globe. Once again you read a verse your way - does it not say after 7 sabbaths (perfect) count 50 days? not equals 50 days?
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  12:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are no floating holy days - how could there be, one holy day would fall on another, or next to another?
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  13:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me ask you a question - do you think these laws given to us should be valid anywhere on earth - if so how can a person who lives in South Africa or South America follow the law. The lunar calendar does not have this problem.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000