Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  09:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings!

quote:
You Said: Greetings and salutations in the name of the King, Steven:
Peace be unto the house. karath lo' beriyth 'elohiym

Exodus 23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant [H1285] with them, nor with their ‘elohiym. [H430]

Let me prove to you that the first and second commandment is directly linked to the worshiping false 'non-human' deities who are dreamed up to replace YHWH as the One who created the universe and everything in it:

Exodus 19:20 - Moses goes to get the first set of commands.

Exodus 24:7 - Covenant accepted, Moses goes back to YHWH and get's more details after the first basic agreement is accepted.

Exodus 32:1 - Frustrated with Moses' being gone, the Israelites press Aaron to make up some gods to represent their release from Egypt.

Here is the first breach of the convenant:

Exodus 32:2 - And Aaron said unto them, Break off the rings of gold, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters,- and bring them unto me. 3 And the people of themselves brake off the rings of gold which were in their ears, - and brought them unto Aaron. 4 And he received the gold at their hand and fashioned it with a graving tool, and made it a molten calf, and they said:

These are thy gods O Israel, who brought you thee up out of the land of Egypt. And when Aaron saw it he built an alter before it.

Exodus 32:8 - They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

What commandments did they break? The first and second. How: By worshipping the false calf gods they dreamed up (1st commandment) and making graven images of the same (2nd commandment). For your Elohim concept to work you would need to somehow show that the golden calfs were actually real men and the graven images GOVT ID's which turned the Israelites into LEGAL FICTIONS.. However, at this early point there were no foreign GOVT's for the Israelites to submit to. Only themselves out in the wilderness.

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 07 Dec 2004 09:44:00
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  09:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Steven:
That in no way responds to what I posted for you. How would you make a contract with the "cash cow" as we see in Exodus 23:32?

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 07 Dec 2004 09:47:28
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  09:50:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
brother Robert said: Good morning, Steven:
That in no way responds to what I posted for you.

Steve: Good morning. It most certainly does. You posted Exodus 23 which gave the commandment. I posted Exodus 32 which shows the commandment being broken. Point blank.

brother Robert: How would you make a contract with the "cash cow"?

Steve: How would you make a golden calf fashioned from jewelry out in the desert into a GOVT ruler?

Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  09:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
H430
'elohiym

BDB Definition:
1) (plural)
1a) rulers, judges… plural of H433

And where on earth did Brown, Driver and Briggs, presumably three people who studied the Hebrew language a bit longer than us, get this as the very first definition of 'elohiym, a word only tranlsated as God, god(s) and goddess(es)?

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 07 Dec 2004 09:53:54
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  09:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same way that the "scupted idol", the bald eagle represents the 'elohiym [mighty ones] behind it. Now, how would you make a covenant/contract/meeting of the minds with the "cash cow" as it forbids us to do at Exodus 23:32?

Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  09:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you look at psalms 83(?) and a few other places in the OT you will see that the word H430, when speaking of rulers and judges, is used ONLY concerning appointed Israelites in the community context. Exactly how Jesus/Yahushua used it when speaking to the community Pharisees who ran the synagogue. As you know this organization was dismantled when the second temple was destroyed by the 4th kingdom.
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2004 :  10:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now let us set that "cash cow" out in the desert all by itself, how would you "serve it" [thou shalt not serve them], how could it be "a snare unto you" when it cannot give you commands? In and of itself it is nothing; it is an inanimate object! It is those flesh and blood creatures that stand behind it that are the 'elohiym not the statue itself.

Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2004 :  13:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings brother Robert and family,
Been out of pocket for a few days so I could not respond until today.....

quote:
Now let us set that "cash cow" out in the desert all by itself, how would you "serve it" [thou shalt not serve them], how could it be "a snare unto you" when it cannot give you commands?

You said 'cash cow'. I asked how could you make the golden calf spoken of in Exodus into what is known today as a 'cash cow'.

quote:
In and of itself it is nothing; it is an inanimate object! It is those flesh and blood creatures that stand behind it that are the 'elohiym not the statue itself.

The Israelites in Exodus did not request the calf to be made in honor of a government man, but rather to represent the deity who they claim brought them out of Egypt. There is much history and archaeology which proves that people in the Middle East believed in and worshipped various cosmic deities. Deities which they believed performed miracles, created the universe, etc. Even built temples to them... The golden calf incident in Exodus 32 was the first ever breach of the covenant wherein the Israelites clearly violated the first and second commands.

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 09 Dec 2004 15:36:48
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2004 :  06:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations, Steven:

Peace be unto the house.

quote:
There is much history and archaeology which proves that people in the Middle East believed in and worshipped various cosmic deities.

COSMICAL, a. s as z. [Gr., order, the world.] 1. Relating to the world

There’s much evidence that people all over the earth worship various “cosmic” deities, and one does not have to dig very deep to find it.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey...

...these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another leader of the people, Yahowshua.

Oh, and by the way, I think you forgot to answer the pressing question we had earlier…

Exodus 23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant [H1285] with them, nor with their ‘elohiym. [H430]

…how would you make a covenant/contract/meeting of the minds with the "cash cow" as it forbids us to do here at Exodus 23:32?

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 10 Dec 2004 06:53:26
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2004 :  05:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations in the name of the King, brother Steven:
Peace be upon the house.
I believe that anyone who has read the Scriptures with understanding will agree that the Eternal Moral Law of Yahowah is reiterated in the new covenant [testament], though not collectively as in Exodus; this being truth, where is the First Commandment restated? It is our humble opinion that this is the verse that covers that...We ought to obey Yahowah rather than men and, for it is written, Thou shalt worship Yahowah thy 'Elohiym, and him only shalt thou serve.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 11 Dec 2004 05:23:08
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2004 :  07:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We must understand that adam [mankind] wants to be the ‘Elohiym, they [we] want “to rule as God” [Israel]. Why do you think they [we] are taking a “rib” and trying to create “hawwah” [INTENTIONALLY MISTRANSLATED “EVE”], which means, “lit. life, living being”, the ultimate proof that they [we] are God. And in an attempt to hide this transgression [usurpation] they [we] use “feigned words”, as it is written, “genetic engineering” and “cloning”. They [we] do everything contradistinct [having opposite qualities] to the instructions of the Creator…look about you, my brothers and sisters, we must open our eyes and see the destruction caused by this desire to govern ourselves!! How far must we take it before we realize “it is not working”???
As it is written ["Pogo"]: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2004 :  08:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
COSMICAL, a. s as z. [Gr., order, the world.] 1. Relating to the world…

There’s much evidence that people all over the earth worship various “cosmic” deities, and one does not have to dig very deep to find it.

What type of word would you use to describe an imaginary non-human deity, say like Chemosh? Which ever one you choose, that is what I was trying to convey.

Cosmic: adjective

1. of whole universe: relating to the whole universe.

As you know other cultures had their gods whom they say created the universe, created living beings, performed miracles.

Here are some examples of imaginary gods which the first and second commandment forbid worship to:

The Golden Calf of Egypt The Bull Cult.
"Musical Worship: Prehistoric religious practice originating in the eastern Aegean and extending from the Indus Valley of Pakistan to the Danube in eastern Europe centered on the bull. The bull god's symbol was the phallus, and in the east the bull often was depicted as the partner of the great goddess of fertility, thereby representing the virile principle of generation and invincible force. Numerous representations of the bull have been uncovered, many designed to be worn as a charm or amulet; these representations were probably copies of larger statues constructed in tribal sanctuaries.

Chemosh
Meaning: the destroyer, subduer, or fish-god

the god of the Moabites (Num. 21:29; Jer. 48:7, 13, 46)

The worship of this god, "the abomination of Moab," was introduced at Jerusalem by Solomon (1 Kings 11:7), but was abolished by Josiah (2 Kings 23:13). On the "Moabite stone" (q.v.), Mesha (2 Kings 3:5) ascribes his victories over the king of Israel to this god, "And Chemosh drove him before my sight."

quote:

…how would you make a covenant/contract/meeting of the minds with the "cash cow" as it forbids us to do here at Exodus 23:32?

Please explain to me how you are making a "cash-cow", as the term is known to us today, from the golden calf in Exodus 32. The idol created was not a source of steady income, like a job, but rather a graven image to be worshipped in representation of the gods which the people claimed "brought them out of Egypt". Until you do this I can't see how you are making the literal connection.

Also, you had asked earlier how one could make a covenant to an imaginary god. I'll give you an example from my own experience.

During the summer when I was a child between the grades of sixth and seventh I accepted Ea-Zeus as my 'personal saviour' at a Baptist Church. That would be making a covenant with an imaginary god. Ea-Zeus is a composite man-god made up from various pagan deities mixed with the attributes of the Moshiac expected by the Jews. That was a breach of the first commandment on my part. I did not have any Ea-Zeus statues that I prayed to so at least there was no breach of the second commandment.

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 11 Dec 2004 09:19:48
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2004 :  10:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings brother Robert you said:

quote:
I believe that anyone who has read the Scriptures with understanding will agree that the Eternal Moral Law of Yahowah is reiterated in the new covenant [testament], though not collectively as in Exodus; this being truth, where is the First Commandment restated? It is our humble opinion that this is the verse that covers that...We ought to obey Yahowah rather than men and, for it is written, Thou shalt worship Yahowah thy 'Elohiym, and him only shalt thou serve.

I think this statement backs up my posts above. In Exodus 32 we have a perfect example of this breach in the golden calf as well as many other examples where the Israelites worshipped the false elohiym. One such example was Solomon's setting up temples to Chemosh. Another is when the Israelites were seduced by pagan females to participate in feasts and rituals in honor of baal-peor (a pagan god worshipped with sex rituals). Hinduism also has thousands of these imaginary elohym. During the NT times we still see that this type of worship was common place.

As for the direct context of the scripture you quoted from Acts 5 we see the reason the Apostles made this statement to the Saducees was because they were healing sick people, performing signs and wonders and preaching forgivness of sin in Jesus' name. The Saducees demanded they stop and the Apostles said they should listen to God and not men.
We know that the NT teaches that Jesus was God incarnate, birthed from his mother who was impregnated by the Holy Spirit thus giving him a virgin birth. Jesus commanded the Apostles to heal the sick and perform signs and wonders so it makes sense that they would respond this way.

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 12 Dec 2004 05:51:11
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2004 :  07:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations in the name of the King, brother Steven:
Peace be unto the house.
To think that Yahowshua [JESUS] doesn’t exist is to go against the Talmud; by their very act of trying so desperately to discredit him, they admit his existence.
Nihil facit error nominis cum de corpore constat. An error in the name is nothing when there is certainty as to the person. 11 Co. 21.
Jesus, Yashua, Yahushua, Yahowshua, Yehoshua..."a rose by any other name, is still a rose".
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a deliverer, which is Anoinited5547 the Lord [or Controller].2962
This is his “person”, the mask that he wears, or to be more correct, the office that he holds.
DELIVERER, n. 1. One who delivers; one who releases or rescues; a preserver. - Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language
LORD, n. 1. A master; a person possessing supreme power and authority; a ruler; a governor.
[Ibid.]
CONTROLLER, n. 1. …one that has the…authority to govern... [Ibid.]
GOV'ERNOR, n. He that governs, rules or directs… 4. One possessing delegated authority. [Ibid.]
Yahowshua was anointed high priest of the Kingdom of Yahowah, of the order of Melchizedek, with the "delegated authority" of the Supreme Suveran Himself.
Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the called out ones [the ekklesia]
Psalm 110:4 Yahowah hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest 3548 for ever [perpetually] after the order of Melchizedek.
BDB Definition:
H3548
kohen

1) priest, principal officer or chief ruler

PRIEST, n. [L. proestes, a chief, one that presides...] 1. To be set over for the exercise of authority; to direct, control and govern, as the chief officer. – Webster’s 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language
PRESI'DE, v.i. s as z. [L. proesideo; proe, before, and sedeo, to sit.] 1. To be set over for the exercise of authority; to direct, control and govern, as the chief officer.
[Ibid.]
If some can believe that George Bush "presides" over them, you and I can certainly believe that Yahowshua "presides", with “delegated authority”, over us, wouldn’t you agree?
Here from Easton’s Bible Dictionary is an understanding of the order of Melchizedek.
Melchizedek ...his priesthood can neither be transmitted nor interrupted by death. (That eliminates both the "COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF" [earthly lord of hosts] and the "POPE" [earthly Father]!)
Another way to say that, now that we comprehend what a priest is, is this way, “…his Presidency can neither be transmitted nor interrupted by death”. So what we are trying to say to you here is, if you "accepted" him, a living Yisra’elite 'elohiym [ruler], as your President, under a mistranslated name (whether mistranslated intentionally or unintentionally), because of the maxim of law quoted near the outset, we feel you are safe.
We hope that this has helped to set your mind at ease, dear brother; rejoice, say Hallelu'Yah, that he "presides" over you and yours, that he is your President, for his Executive Orders are set in stone, and they are the "perfect Law of liberty".

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 12 Dec 2004 09:09:00
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2004 :  12:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
To think that Yahowshua [JESUS] doesn’t exist is to go against the Talmud; by their very act of trying so desperately to discredit him, they admit his existence.

Thanks for the caring words in your last post. This is a good time to give a little more detail on this touchy subject. I have no worries about going against the Talmud but that was not the point I was making when I spoke of my breach of the first commandment. So you understand my position on this matter: I believe that Yahowshua and Jesus (the composite of Ea and Zeus)are not the same. Yahowshua most likely was a real man who emerged from the second temple era. Ea-Zeus is the pagan overlay (completed in 325 CE at the council of Nicea) attempting to merge the real man with the popular godman myths in a political move to create a consolidated state religion for Rome.

Hope this post finds you all well,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 13 Dec 2004 11:03:43
Go to Top of Page

source

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  14:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blessings upon us all in the ecclesia and those in the darkness of confusion.

"This is his “person”, the mask that he wears, or to be more correct, the office that he holds."

If you go to Deuteronomy 10:17 Acts 10:34 ;Romans 2:11 and James 2:9 you will see that God is no respector of persons which as you say is a reference to a mask. Christ need no mask and I think it would be prudent to reflect upon our usage of that word as it does not appear in the orginal writings as referenced to Christ.

It is quite clearly a fiction a phony and a pretense.

To refer to Christ as a person could be percieved as blasphemy..
I hope no one takes offense

Blessings upn our diligense in grasping the real meanings of the words we have been accustomed to but keep in mind 2 Peter 2:3 and Jeremiah 8:8

Edited by - source on 25 Dec 2004 19:44:04
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  17:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BatKol
Greetings brother Robert and family,
Been out of pocket for a few days so I could not respond until today.....

Now let us set that "cash cow" out in the desert all by itself, how would you "serve it" [thou shalt not serve them], how could it be "a snare unto you" when it cannot give you commands?

You said 'cash cow'. I asked how could you make the golden calf spoken of in Exodus into what is known today as a 'cash cow'.

In and of itself it is nothing; it is an inanimate object! It is those flesh and blood creatures that stand behind it that are the 'elohiym not the statue itself.

The Israelites in Exodus did not request the calf to be made in honor of a government man, but rather to represent the deity who they claim brought them out of Egypt. There is much history and archaeology which proves that people in the Middle East believed in and worshipped various cosmic deities. Deities which they believed performed miracles, created the universe, etc. Even built temples to them... The golden calf incident in Exodus 32 was the first ever breach of the covenant wherein the Israelites clearly violated the first and second commands.

Peace,
Steve

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

Steve,

Those who twist Romans 13 and related Scripture to justify there actions in support of 501 (c) (3) activities and in allegience to the the FEDERAL god, the STATE gods, the COUNTY gods and the CITY gods appear to be engaging in an activity that is analogous to the "requesting a calf to be made to represent the deity.

Does Ecclesiastes 1:9 sum it up? :
quote:
That which has already been, will be yet again. That which has already been done, it what will yet be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Best Regards,

Marty
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  19:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Marty,

You said: Those who twist Romans 13 and related Scripture to justify there actions in support of 501 (c) (3) activities and in allegience to the the FEDERAL god, the STATE gods, the COUNTY gods and the CITY gods appear to be engaging in an activity that is analogous to the "requesting a calf to be made to represent the deity.

Me: Do you think the golden calf incident was a literal event as it is scripted in the Bible?
Go to Top of Page

source

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  19:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praises to YHWH on high as we exchange in learning and brother hood

Have you noticed Romans 13 refers to them as ministers of God?
1 Peter 2:13 apears to be promoting the false assumption if taken out of context.. refer to Deuteronomy 4:2 as posted before to be clear as to what is being said..

Would God's ministers add to his law??
Did Yeshua bow to Caesar a self proclaimed god by paying the tax?
Did Danial eat of the Kings Dainties?
Did Shadrach Meshak and Abednigo bow?

I think you have your answer as to whether we are to obey false de facto governments when their laws violate God's command..

The laws of man in addition to or in derogation to God's law do not apply to men of following God YHWH's word.

Praise Jah and may his light shine eternally

Edited by - source on 25 Dec 2004 20:27:07
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  12:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BatKol

Greetings Marty,

You said: Those who twist Romans 13 and related Scripture to justify their actions in support of 501 (c) (3) activities and in allegience to the the FEDERAL god, the STATE gods, the COUNTY gods and the CITY gods appear to be engaging in an activity that is analogous to the "requesting a calf to be made to represent the deity.

Me: Do you think the golden calf incident was a literal event as it is scripted in the Bible?

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

Steve,

Yes, we do believe that the golden calf incident occured as scripted in the Scriptures.

quote:
Exodus 32:1-5:
Verse 1...
When the people saw Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together around Aaron, and said to him; Come, make us a god (el) who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.

Verse 2....
Then Aaron said to them; Break off the golden earrings in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.

Verse 3....
So all the people took off their earrings, and brought them to Aaron.

Verse 4....
He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with an engraving tool. Then they said; This is your god (el), O Israyl, that brought you out of land of Egypt!

Verse 5....
When Aaron saw this, he built an altar in front of the (calf), and announced; Tomorrow is a feast to Yahweh.

In the book entitled Baal Worship the author Peter J. Peters writes...

quote:
Notice that at the very beginning of their marriage, Israyl turned to Baal worship. When they broke the First Commandmnent , it constituted a violation of their marriage vows. Did they see themselves as Baal worshippers? If you would have asked them whom they worshipped, they would have said they worshipped Yahweh. Look at verse 5.

After they set up [this other god], they then allotted a day to feast unto [Yahweh]. Notice they did not consider themselves Baal worshippers. They did not acknowledge breaking any of [Yahweh's] Laws, or having done anything wrong. Brothers and sisters in [Messiah], we must learn to see things as [Yahweh] sees them. How did [Yahweh see this whole situation? If we would but put on the mind of [Messiah], we would begin to see things as [Yahweh] does. Look at verses 9 and 10:

And [Yahweh] said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and behold, they are an obstinate people. Now let Me alone, that My anger may burn against them, and that I may destroy them; and I will make of you a great nation."

In His anger and jealousy, [Yahweh] wanted to destroy them because His wife was seeking other masters. If we can learn to think along these lines, then we can begin to understand how [Yahweh] feels about our submission and homage to other gods.

You are familar with the golden calf story. However, there is another perspective of this golden calf I want you to consider. Look at verses 2 through 4a again.

It is easy to visualize a big golden calf. However, do you think that they bowed down to a calf and said this is our god now because it brought us out of Egypt? No, they did not do that. Look at the context from verse 4.....

The calf simply represented the organization that they had formed. They were not worshipping the calf any more than [today's society] worships the donkey or the elephant that represents [its] political parties.

If archaeologists were to dig up that temple or shrine, and they found that exact golden calf, the archaeologists could say that evidence shows that the Israylites built temples and worshipped calves. The archaeologists would assume that this practice was their downfall because it was the Canaanite god.

Let us go forward a thousand years from now, and we see that archaeologists have unearthed some artifacts from this era. They come across a large convention hall in the capitol of our nation, and they determine from carbon dating that they are looking at items from the 20th century. They find a huge idol of an elephant, and they conclude that the reason this civilization was destroyed was because they worshipped the elephants. [This society] does not worship the elephant, or the donkey, they merely represent [the gods of this society].

The day following the celebration for [this society's] newly elected gods, people call up the preachers and ask them to prepare prayer and solemn assembly for Yahweh. Even though [they] pray to the one true [Yahweh], [they] have set up [their] own gods right beside Him. [They] elect rulers who become elohims so that [they] can bow down to them and follow them. [This society] is no different from those Israylites under Moses when they set up their own gods. The golden calf was just a symbol of man's new government that was to run alongside [Yahweh's] government. [Today's society] wants it both ways just as early Israyl wanted it both ways.....

....I am sure you get the idea. In Sinai, following the marriage ceremony, the people held a political convention, they set up their gods, and they decided how they were going to govern themselves. They did not view themselves as Baal worshippers. [Yahweh] had already taught them to govern themselves. He had already taught them that He was their Lawgiver, their Judge, and their King. He repeatedly reminded them that He was their husband, and it would be He who would save them. Even though He had displayed His miraculous might and declared His undying love for them, they did not hesitate to set up that golden calf.

We have no evidence of exactly how they formed this new government. The [Scriptures] omit the details, but maybe they got together under that golden calf and wrote a proclamation similar to this:

We the people of Israyl, in order to form a perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and security, and secure the blessings of liberty, do ordain or erect this sacred calf as a symbol of our new government, etc., etc.

Am I pulling down someone's sacred calf? We have many sacred calves out there because we have been Baal worshippers without recognizing it. At least the Israylites of old had only one political party. Some say that we must unify these political parties, or unify the different denominations and merge with these other religions. There is only one Unifier and that is [Yahshua Messiah], the King of kings, and the [Master of masters]. If you want to join His party and live under His Laws, you must register by being baptized.

However, our United States Constitution does not require that the citizens of this nation believe in [Yahshua Messiah], and it does not prevent you from practicing witchcraft.

Do we have sacred calves? Yes we do, and we must begin tearing them down.

Yes, Steven, we do believe the Scriptural account...and we believe that things haven't changed all that much in true Israyl when we see the "state of the union" today.

Do you believe?

Best Regards,

Marty
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000