Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  22:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His Name Is Not Yahushua Or From Yahushua

His name is YHWH with the meaning of complete Salvation YAHSHUAH.

http://www.yaih.com/nun.htm

Joshua son of Nun was not given the name above all names!

Shalom
Daron

Edited by - 2-elect on 18 Feb 2004 22:19:52

Servant of All

Israel
41 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  16:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings in the name of the Only Begotten Son of the Living God

Interesting observation and not without merit. It is my understanding that the name Yah[u]-Shua[h] Ha Meshia[ch] bears the meaning of God (Y[a]H) our Salvation (Shua[h]) the (Ha) Anointed One (Meshia[ch]). Am I incorrect?

Perhaps it would be best to call Him what the angels pronounced at His coming - Immanuel (YHWH physically present with man).

May the Living God of Truth bring blessing and protection to you and yours until we write again.

May God Almighty bless you richly as you trust and obey Him more today!

In His service,

Philip the least
Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  18:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Servant of All

Greetings in the name of the Only Begotten Son of the Living God

Interesting observation and not without merit. It is my understanding that the name Yah[u]-Shua[h] Ha Meshia[ch] bears the meaning of God (Y[a]H) our Salvation (Shua[h]) the (Ha) Anointed One (Meshia[ch]). Am I incorrect?

Perhaps it would be best to call Him what the angels pronounced at His coming - Immanuel (YHWH physically present with man).

May the Living God of Truth bring blessing and protection to you and yours until we write again.

May God Almighty bless you richly as you trust and obey Him more today!

In His service,

Philip the least

Shalom Servant,

I can't answer your question unless you specifically identify the name you speak of with Hebrew letters. There are many Hebrew names that have meanings of safe, save, saved, heal, etc.. Yeshayahu is one (Yod Shin ayin yod hey waw), and means Yah has saved, but it does not mean to use it for the name of the Mashiach.

Shalom
2-elect
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  18:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,
Yahushuah {aka Joshua} the son on Nun {eternity} led the obedient Israelites into the promised Land.
when I was a baby, I called Him Jesus
as a young man Yahshua
as a father Yahushuah.
2-elect, per chance you study paleo-hebrew? Ever seen the tetragram in paleo? Quite an "eye opener".
Paul..."though I have {the gift of} prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains {false govt.} and have not charity-Love...I am nothing".

He came in his Father's name, Yahu...Shuah. Yehoshua or such similar spelled name, was a reasonably common given name "back then". The dead letters help very little.
He did tell Phillip that He was the Father! Yet again, He was sent by the Father, and returned to the Father. And Yahushuah's Father knew things that the firstborn son did not know. And He told the RICH MAN, that not even he was "good", but that reserved for The YHWH.
If ye have a good Word for us, please feel free to say so. Otherwise, crumbling about over letters, is best left to the talmudists.
What say ye?
On this...one must have the sharpest of swords.
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  19:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings brethren:
#H3068 + #H7769 = #H3091, which means "halloo Yahweh" or in the English "call upon the name of Yahweh".

The numbers that Dr Strong gives for the name Yahushua are the numbers for the name Yashayahu, otherwise known as Isaiah in the English.

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 22 Feb 2004 19:49:06
Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  20:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for the Hebrew lesson.

Here is another.

HE FALSE NAME AND MYSTERY BABYLON
BEGOTTON THROUGH THE PEN OF DECEITFUL SCRIBES .
THE TRUE NAME IS THE KEY OF KNOWLEDGE
http://www.yaih.com/dt/index.htm

Shalom
2elect
Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  20:51:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert-James

Greetings,
Yahushuah {aka Joshua} the son on Nun {eternity} led the obedient Israelites into the promised Land.
when I was a baby, I called Him Jesus
as a young man Yahshua
as a father Yahushuah.

Hi Robert

Are you sayng you called the son of nun Jesus when you were a baby? His name rendered in English for Christians is Jesus.

quote:

He came in his Father's name, Yahu...Shuah. Yehoshua or such similar spelled name, was a reasonably common given name "back then". The dead letters help very little.

If he came in his Father't name, then why did you open your post up defending the name "Yahushuah {aka Joshua} the son on Nun? Is the name of the Father Yahushuah?

quote:

If ye have a good Word for us, please feel free to say so. Otherwise, crumbling about over letters, is best left to the talmudists.

Your argument is about the same as those who embrace the name Jesus. Can you do any better?

2-elect

Edited by - 2-elect on 22 Feb 2004 21:21:05
Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  21:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneisraelite

Greetings brethren:
#H3068 + #H7769 = #H3091, which means "halloo Yahweh" or in the English "call upon the name of Yahweh".

The numbers that Dr Strong gives for the name Yahushua are the numbers for the name Yashayahu, otherwise known as Isaiah in the English.

Hi one israelite

Why do you have a "u" after Yah in Yahushua, and in Yashayahu, yet have a "w" after Yah in Yahweh?

What you are really saying is the Fathers name is pronounced differently in the names of His people. But in reality this can not be. If you are going to call Him Yahweh, don't you think you should be consistant and call the Son Yahweshua and Isaiah Yashayahwe?

2-elect

Edited by - 2-elect on 22 Feb 2004 21:45:06
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2004 :  23:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,
We spell it that way for recognition purposes, [a W is acutally two U's connected together, as you no doubt know] but pronounce it yah-oo-ay'.
May YaHuWeH bless all His obedient Children.

Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  00:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneisraelite

Greetings,
We spell it that way for recognition purposes, [a W is acutally two U's connected together, as you no doubt know] but pronounce it yah-oo-ay'.
May YaHuWeH bless all His obedient Children.

Shalom Again,

Well don't you think you should give that recognition to all other names that have Yod hey waw?

Why do you pronounce the "hey" at the end of YHWH as a "ay" sound, yet have a ah sound for the hey after Yod? (Yah) There are many witness that teach a hey after another hebrew letter is an "aw" sound. As in Yah (yod hey) and Yeshuah (yod shin waw ayin hey)

shalom
2-elect

Go to Top of Page

DanielJacob
Advanced Member

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  10:07:09  Show Profile  Visit DanielJacob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings brothers,

Would anyone of you please post where you got your first century self pronouncing dictionary of Hebrew/Aramaic so that I might obtain a copy and see first hand, by the authority of the Eternal, where it is written. Please don't point me to those publications written after B.C. 10. I would certainly be more convinced concerning this "po' tato", "pota' to" discussion.

I provide the following for your perusal and consideration. Pay particular attention to the part 6 and especially the last sentence in that part. While I don't consider this piece an authority either, I do believe that it makes a point worth consideration.
quote:

Etymologicum Anglicanum
or English Etymology.

The Study of English Words
Quoted from Kittel's Bible Key Words.

"3. The name Yahweh as a concept of experience."

"The O.T. faith in God is grounded in historical experience and developed in continuos contact with history. The clearest expression of this fact is the use of the name Yahweh in speaking of, and calling upon, God. This name, like every name for God, is a concept of experience and as such, through its concrete and individual content, differs in degree from general concepts verging upon the abstract such as ''l, 'elôah, and 'elôhîm, and from the designation of honour ''~dh^n. It denotes not just any divinity, but a definite, unambiguous, divine person. It fills the terms "God" and "Lord" with so strongly numinous a content, that the final result is that it completely overshadows their general meaning, so that "God" is no longer an appellation of multifarious application and "Lord" comes to mean " the Lord of all ".
The use of the name makes visible the essential and ineradicable features of the picture of God which is painted by the biblical tradition in the portrayal of the inner history of the people of God and the spiritual moulding of its religious leaders up to the inevitable showing forth of divine reality. The deeply-felt pathos, the searing honesty of O.T. piety, is rooted in the message about Yahweh, in whose clearly defined divine personality, in whose insistent will man finds a norm and criterion for life and the world, now cowering in a feeling of creaturely dependance before the Holy, now satiated with rapt gazing at the figure (Ps. xvii. 15) in whom all salvation lies guaranteed.

"4. The Foundation of Moses."

Now, too, the "Wars of Yahweh" begin (Num. xxi. 14; I Sam. xviii. 17) wars which groups forming the backbone of the covenant league prosecuted in offensives, not always successful, against Canaanite communities. "Arise O Yahweh, that their enemies may scatter and they that hate thee flee before thee" (Num. x. 35); so runs the battle cry, when Yahweh's emblem is carried before, presumably the holy shrine as symbol of the presence of the God worshipped [*Psalm 97:7 "Let all that worship graven images be ashamed, who boast of their idols; worship him, all ye his angels (LXX)]. Victory is Yahweh's, defeat means Yaweh's wrath. "Who among the Gods is like unto thee, Yahweh?

"6. The form and meaning of the name Yahweh."

In these circumstances it would be of great importance to know the original meaning of the name Yahweh, since from that, even though it should not have been always present to the minds of those who spoke and heard it, one could probably arrive at important conclusions about the root and original colour of the view of god entailed in the name. But there are difficulties in the tradition with regard to the mere form of the name which prevent us, or rather ought to prevent us, from reading the word in its full tonal form without the occurrence of objections.
The Elephantine Papyri write YHW, for which—presumably in error— YHH is also found. YHW which also appears epigraphically, occurs in alternation with YW at the beginning of proper names. cf. Yeh^y~qîm, Y^''l, etc., at the end of names it alternates with YH, cf. ''liyy~hf, yesha'y~h, etc. It is not possible to be certain which of these form is the original. The earliest known is YHWH, which appears on the ninth century st'l' of king Mesha of Moab in old semitic script, which completely excludes the doubt which so easily arises in the square script about such ambiguous letters as YW and H.
This combination of consonants admits neither of a fixed reading nor of an unambiguous interpretation, since even in the Masoretic text the vowels added to the tetragram vary and in any case show themselves to be a foreign addition to the word.

"7. The reasons for the reticence in using the name"

As a result of a revival of ancient dynamic modes of heathen thought which came perhaps to Judaism, through close contact with ceremonies of swearing allegiance, the feeling of distance was overcome, as may be seen in the Masoretes' treatment of the name of God and the use of sh'm by the Samaritans. {3} See the list in Driver, op. cit. p. 13, and also O. Eissfeldt, Z.A.W. (1935), pp. 65 ff. who, through Yehabhy~h in Jewish-Babylonian names of the seventh century A.D. (= YHWH) supports the interpretation of -jama as YHWH, and at the same time supposes a much longer survival of unrestrained pronouncing of the name Yahweh than hitherto accepted.

My apologizes if I offend anyone here. My Father knows of whom I speak when I use the terms Father, Eternal, Almighty God, etc. as does my Lord and Saviour, Yahushua, Yahoeshua, Jesus, the Christ, etc. Those that I speak to about these Deities also know if they are my brothers and sisters in and of Him.

May the Christ's peace be you all.
Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  11:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Within this article there are four points about the Kodesh Name, which any believer in HaMashaich should consider. These points are facts that cannot be denied, but are ignored and justified in many different ways by teachers who ignorantly continue in traditions established by Satan. After reading this article ask yourself the following question "Is the name I embrace for salvation sound and according to Joel 2:32?" The facts within this article are as follows.

* 1. The Continuing Conspiracy of the Name.
* 2. The Name of HaMashiach was given long before it was ever rendered in Greek.
* 3. The Name of the HaMashiach is not from Yahushuah or any name from that name.
* 4. Satan does not care what name you use as long as it has nothing to do with the prophecy Joel 2:32.

What many do not know is that there has always been a conspiracy to remove the Creators name from His people. This conspiracy is "Replace the Kodesh Name with a title or another name. The one behind the conspiracy is Satan. He was well aware that a day would come to pass and those who called on the Fathers Name would be given salvation.

* Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the LORD has said, Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

The above scripture can be found in any Christian Bible. The way the scripture was translated, it does appear that a name would be used, but as you see the scripture does not show what name will be used to call on for salvation. However, a name was spoken within the prophecy and that same name was written for that passage of Scripture. A very important part of salvation (I.E.) "the Name YAHUAH" was removed from that prophecy and was replaced with a generic title know as "Lord." The name of the Father was also removed from other Scriptures and replaced with LORD around 7000 times. This conspiracy of removing the Creators name from His own words dates back to the Babylonian captivity and still continues today. This is why you do not have a name for the prophecy of Joel 2:32.

It was Satan's goal to make people forget the Creators name. This first began with the prophets of Baal.

* Jer 23:25-27 "I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, 'I have dreamed, I have dreamed!' "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal.

As a time passed, the conspiracy continued with the Rabbinical Talmudist in Babylon. They added vowel points to YHWH?s name so that when His Word was read, YHWH's name would be pronounced as the title "Adoni." Any name with the form of YHWH's name which began with Yod Hey, was also altered with vowel points so that YAH's name would not be pronounced too. Names like Yahudah, Yahuzadak, Yahushua, Yahushaphat, and Yahuash were altered so that they all began with Ye-ho as in Yehovah and Yehoshua.

The Rabbinical Talmudist also made a law that forbid the Jews from pronouncing the Father's Name. This included a penalty of death by stoning. Satan was preparing for the day when the lost sheep would fulfill the prophecy of Joel. 2:32. However, Yahshuah was a step ahead of him and prepared his chosen apostles for the fulfillment of Joel 2:32

* John 17:6-7 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You.

* John 17:26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

The Prophecy of Joel 2:32 came to pass just as Yahuah said it would and Yahuah's people began to call on His name "Yahuah" through the Name of Yahshuah HaMashiach -- the one who represented the Salvation of Yahuah. This began on what is known as the day of Pentecost. During this time, many different peope of many different cultures were in Yerusalem.

* Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling in Yerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.

* Acts 2:9-11 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabs--we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of Elohim.

After the Ruwach was given, Peter began to preach the name "Yahshuah HaMashiach." The visitors from every nation under heaven heard what name the Apostles preached for the Hebrew HaMashiach. It was verbally given to the assembly as the name of the Mashiach long before it was ever written in Greek. The people did not hear the name Iesous or Jesus that day. As the weeks passed Satan tried to make the people forget the Name again, but in a different way.

* Acts 4:17-18 But so that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man in this name." And they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Yahshuah.

* Acts 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Yerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

* Acts 5:40 And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Yahshuah, and let them go.

The enemy was relentless against the given Name of Yahshuah. As more years passed the believers who called on His name were persecuted. At that time if you did not want to be persecuted like those who were, you did not call on the Name. This is precisely the result Satan wanted and why people today do not know or use the real name ot the HaMashiach! The persecution against those who called on His name continued for as long as the leaders who were against Truth heard the name spoken. They identified those calling on the Name as believers in HaMashiach and bound them. Saul was used to carry out this judgment

* Acts 9:14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name."

The years passed, and we see from the following scriptures that Paul, who persecuted those who called on the name according to Joel 2:32, was struck down for what he was doing. The interesting thing is Yahshuah verbally spoke His name in Hebrew, even though Paul knew the Greek language. Paul heard the same name the believers embraced, but heard it from above and in Hebrew.

* Acts 26:14-15 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.' "So I said, 'Who are You, master?' And He said, 'I am Yahshuah, whom you are persecuting.

Yahshuah spoke His name in Hebrew to one who was well learned in the Greek language and who was going to be an apostle among the Gentiles. There was no doubt in Paul's mind that the name he heard was the same name he was against, because he was persecuting those who were calling on that name. This is clear scriptural proof that the early assembly first embraced a Hebrew name for HaMashiach, including those who embraced the Greek Language.

Edited by - 2-elect on 23 Feb 2004 12:09:10
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  12:00:15  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have comments on Josephus' claim that the sacred name ("God's" name) was four vowels? (One of five refences is:)

"A mitre also of fine linen encompassed his head, which was tied by a blue ribbon, about which there was another golden crown, in which was engraven the sacred name [of God]: it consists of four vowels." The Wars of the Jews, Book 5 - FROM THE COMING OF TITUS TO BESIEGE JERUSALEM, TO THE GREAT EXTREMITY TO WHICH THE JEWS WERE REDUCED,Chapter 5 - A DESCRIPTION OF THE TEMPLE, paragraph 7.

Looking in various dictionary/encyclopedias, one can see that the paleo form of He became our letter "E." So, given that the Pharisee tradition is the only witness I know that the He represents an "H," what reason would I have to adopt it in pronouncing the ancient texts?
Go to Top of Page

DanielJacob
Advanced Member

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  16:25:13  Show Profile  Visit DanielJacob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The following article by brother John Joseph speaks to this subject much better than I can and expresses those concepts which I embrace. This is not meant to be an attack on anyone on these threads because of their beliefs, just an expression of my own. I could have changed the names used herein to those of Yahushua and Mashiach but that would only illustrate the frivolity of such an act and would not change the content one iota. All emphasis in the original.

A Sacred Name for God:
Must it be used?

written solely by the Grace of God in and through our
Sovereign Lord and Saviour Jesus, the Christ,
by John Joseph

In the past we have been criticized for not using the so-called "sacred name" for God in our writings and in our many discourses. To begin this discourse, we will call witnesses to bring their testimony as it has relevance. The Spirit of God through Brother John gave us a list of witnesses to call:

"This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." 1 John 5:6-8.

Above are a total of four witnesses—three are one in essence; and, the other three agree with that essence being One. Note that the Spirit is both a Witness in heaven against ungodly men; and, a Witness for God in Christ Jesus to all men, regardless of race, religion, creed, ad nauseam; none of which are in Christ, nor can they trace their authority to Him. We will be consulting these Witnesses for their Testimony in this present work, for from them do we hear the Truth; and, not from the works of men, i.e., creeds, confessions, covenants, and articles of faith. The Spirit of God...

"…now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen." Romans 16:26-27.

"Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;…" Ephesians 3:5.

"God, Who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,…" Hebrews 1:1.
Note that the testimony of the New Testament corroborates the testimony of the Old Testament for the Spirit of God changes not at any time:

"God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?" Numbers 23:19.

"God is not as man to waver nor as the son of man to be threatened; shall He say and not perform? shall He speak and not keep to His word?" Numbers 23:19 (LXX).

"And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for He is not a man, that He should repent." 1 Samuel 15:29.

"…and God will not turn nor repent, for He is not as a man to repent." 1 Samuel 15:29 (LXX).

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." Malachi 3:6.

"For I am the Lord your God, and I am not changed." Malachi 3:6 (LXX).

This shows then that there can be no separation—both are contained in Christ, so to separate one from the other is to separate Christ. "Is Christ divided?" So we will be consulting the writings of the prophets for the Witness of the Spirit of God in looking toward the coming of Christ; and, we will be consulting the writings of the prophets of the New Testament in looking back to Christ.
We have been led by our Sovereign Lord and Saviour Jesus, the Christ, to answer these criticisms and these critics, not by the wisdom of the world; but by the Power of the Word, that may be summed up by the Spirit as follows:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God." John 1:1 & 2. (Berry)

Christ's own Testimony corroborating the Spirit's Testimony is,

"I and My Father are one." John 10:30.

Note here that the Spirit speaking through Brother John never conveyed a sacred name, for to do so would divide the Testimony of one against the others. The bolded phrase in John 1:2 is the key to every act that every bondmen in and of Christ Jesus undertakes in His Name and by His Authority, for there is no Authority or Power superior to or antedating Christ. In Truth and in deed, it is written for us that,

"And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence." Colossians 1:17-18.

"All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:3.

"O LORD, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth." Isaiah 25:1.

"O Lord God, I will glorify Thee, I will sing to Thy name for thou hast done wonderful things, even an ancient and faithful counsel." Isaiah 25:1 (LXX).

"Shall any teach God knowledge? seeing He judgeth those that are high." Job 21:22.

"Is it not the Lord Who teaches understanding and knowledge? and does not He judge murders?" Job 21:22 (LXX).

For our particular Cause here it demonstrates that Christ Jesus was in the beginning with God. This implies that there is a certain knowledge of God known to Christ alone before He showed Him to us. The veil was in place from the time of Adam's judgment to the dawn of Christ for it is written, to wit,

"…and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal Him." Luke 10:22.

"No man hath seen God at any time." 1 John 4:12.

"No man hath seen God at any time [*not Moses, not Abraham, none of the prophets]; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him." John 1:18.

Notice that we do not hear Moses declaring the Father for he never saw Him face to face. But Christ Jesus, being in the bosom of the Father, has both seen and declared Him. And the Word of His Testimony is recorded for us, to wit,

"Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" John 14:8-9.

Now, in the above testimony, we do not hear or read of God instructing Christ to use the terms "Elohim," "Yahweh," "Jehovah," or "El-Shaddai" or other words that merely describe what is seen or heard in the outer court looking at the veil of the Law hiding the inner court, the activities of the Father for His Purposes taking place in the inner court.
Names are always given by those to things of which they are not a constituent. For instance, if you do not belong to a certain kingdom, you are labeled or named by that kingdom to be of another kingdom. For example, Americans call those from the continent of Asia, Asians; from Africa, Africans; the ungodly calling bondmen of Christ, christians, ad nauseam. But if you are a constituent of a Kingdom, you do not name one in the same Kingdom any thing; but, you call them according to the relation between the two of you, i.e., brother, sister, father, mother. But Who establishes the relation? The Lawgiver,

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." Deuteronomy 6:5.

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20.

"For whosoever shall do the will of My Father which is in heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother." Matthew 12:50.

"If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us [*not perfected through someone's mere description of Him]." 1 John 4:12.

"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the Law." Romans 13:8.

Love for Him is what is required—not the lust for the letters of a sacred name. We can say then, that if you use any names for God other than Abba Father, you are outside Him and not in Christ. This is seen when we read or hear of the Testimony of the Son about His Father, and the Father's Testimony of His Son, to wit,

"And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is My beloved Son: hear Him." Mark 9:7.

"And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is My beloved Son: hear Him." Luke 9:35.

The prophets wrote,

"Behold My Servant, whom I uphold; Mine elect, in Whom My soul delighteth; I have put My Spirit upon Him: He shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles." Isaiah 42:1. [This is confirmed at Matthew 12:18].

"Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go." Isaiah 48:17. [This is confirmed at Matthew 11:29].

Note Who's Word we are to hear and note that no euphonious words of men or Massoretic conjurations are mentioned. Also note Who is teaching us. Is there any one else who can take His place? In Truth, no. In fact Moses wrote the following testimony given by God our Father through Christ Jesus to him:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which He shall speak in My Name, I will require it of him." Deuteronomy 18:18-19.

"I will raise up to them a prophet of their brethren, like thee; and I will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them as I shall command Him. And whatever man shall not hearken to whatsoever words that prophet shall speak in My name, I will take vengeance on him." Deuteronomy 18:18-19 (LXX).

Christ's Testimony of the above reads,

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me. And ye will not come to Me, that ye might have life.…For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed Me: for he wrote of Me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe My words?" John 5:39-40, 46-47.

Note carefully the bolded words. If you believe not Christ's Words, you have nothing in Him or God our Father. God our Father put the words Christ Jesus spoke to us in His mouth. These were not words that Christ Jesus spoke out of turn, or of His own will; but of the Will of Him Who sent Him. Let us now hear the Testimony of Christ Jesus Himself:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father hath taught Me, I speak these things." John 8:28.

"And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak." John 12:50.

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself: but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works." John 14:10.

The prophets also wrote,

"For His God doth instruct Him to discretion, and doth teach Him." Isaiah 28:26.

Following this chain, there is and was no commandment given by God our Father, through His Son—His Word—our Sovereign Lord and Saviour Jesus, the Christ to call Him by any sacred name. Would God our Father teach lies to His Son? or would He teach His Son to lie to His Inheritance? or would He teach His Son to withhold access to Him through or by withholding a sacred name for God from us?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Romans 3:4.

Would Christ Jesus be an obedient Son by withholding some key sacred name for God from us? The Spirit testifies,

"And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." Philippians 2:8.

Let us also consult with the woman at the well, who conversed with Christ Jesus, and her testimony is recorded to be,

"The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when He is come, He will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am He." John 4:25-26.

Has Christ Jesus told us all things? Is His Testimony True? We know His Testimony is True,

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." John 14:6.
...and therefore He has told us all things; and so those that deny He was and is complete condemn themselves. There is no thing that has not been revealed or manifested to us by, in and through Him. He bears witness,

"And He said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick? For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear." Mark 4:21-23. [Have you heard any of the so-called sacred names coming from His lips?]

"For I have given unto them the words which Thou gavest Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from Thee, and they have believed that Thou didst send Me.…I have given them Thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world." John 17:8 & 14.

Did God forget to give Christ Jesus some words? Did Christ Jesus forget to speak some words given by God? In and of Truth, no. What words did God or Christ Jesus forget? In and of Truth, none. You bear false witness otherwise.
The next question is, does God, our Father, tell us to hear the voice of a liar? The Scripture is full of warnings and admonitions against hearing the voice of liars, but for our purposes it is sufficient to quote just one, for all three Witnesses in heaven being One declare:

"But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods [*attributes or activities are now god, and not His Eternal Power and Theiotes], even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously [marg. ref., arrogance]: thou shalt not be afraid of him." Deuteronomy 18:20-22.

So that we can say then, that because Christ is and was Sealed from the beginning, then we are to hear Him Whom God has Sealed and not those whom God has not sealed and who speak arrogantly—the sciolist, sophist, philosopher, theologian, theorician, knave, pietatus simulator, ad nauseam. The Son Whom we hear, the Father recognizes and declares by His Seal,

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for Him hath God the Father sealed." John 6:27.

The Seal of God not only is recognition of His Son, but also that His Testimony is True. There is no one else bearing this recognition unless he is a son of God. For one to be a son, however, means that there must be a Father Who has recognized His son and declared him to the world,

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:…" Romans 8:16.

And likewise the son must bear witness of Who is his Father to the world. Again Romans 8:16 testifies to this very fact. The Spirit of God bearing witness with our spirit is a reciprocal flow: we bear witness of our Father, and He bears Witness of us. Without this reciprocal flow we are bastards, liars, thieves, and others who are not of His Righteousness and Kingdom. Christ Jesus bears witness of this in His Testimony given to Him by His Father,

"If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true." John 5:31.

"It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of Myself, and the Father that sent Me beareth witness of Me [*the Spirit of God beareth witness of Me with Me]." John 8:17-18.

"And in your law also it has been written, that of two men the witness is true. I am who bears witness concerning Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness concerning Me." John 8:17-18. [Berry].

Note again, no sacred name used.

Would God our Father witness one not His son to be His Son? Would God our Father, bear witness of a liar? Would He bear witness and seal the witness of one wilfully withholding the Truth?
Additionally, a mere name can give no recognition, for it merely describes, has no Life in itself and gives no life. But God our Father can, and does,

"…as the Father hath life in Himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself;…" John 5:26.

Another approach we take to this question of "the sacred name" for God involves the following manifestation at Calvary, which was also called Golgotha or "the place of the skull." This has tremendous impact in Law and in fact which we will show here. This seems to have been overlooked by those who demand that others partake of their private truth of using "the" sacred name only. Let us now read the testimony of the Glad Tidings given by the Spirit and recorded by Brother Matthew:

"And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;…" Matthew 27:51. See also Ezekiel 37.

Notice what was destroyed at the temple by the act performed at Golgotha, or "the place of the skull." The veil of necrotic dogma that existed in the minds of men was rent from top to bottom and men now had access to their Father through Christ Jesus. We read thus,

"By a new and living way [*not mere words sans Execution in Him], which He hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;…" Hebrews 10:20.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." John 14:6.

"For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures [*images, or shadows] of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:…" Hebrews 9:24.

Note that there is no access to God by a mere name for Him; but, to God our Father through Christ Jesus, the Son Whom the Father declared from before the foundation of the world. A mere name is insufficient in Law for establishing the inheritance in and of the son from the Father. It must be witnessed by the Father, and we have not found such a witness.
The next thing we will mention here is the following Testimony of Christ concerning His Lawful execution of our Father's Will,

"Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Matthew 5:17.

"Think not that I am come to abolish the Law, or the prophets: I come not to abolish, but to fulfil." Matthew 5:17. [Berry]

Note very carefully the testimony given. Christ Jesus did not come to destroy (or abolish) the Law, for in Him is the Law and the Law is His Image, not the image of a so-called sacred name. If He came to destroy it, it would have meant suicide. He came not to abolish or destroy the prophets, for that would have made them and the Spirit of our Father who spoke through them liars. The Scripture has been written from the beginning, and for Him to have destroyed the Law and the prophets would have made the Word of God of none effect—impotent—instead of Omnipotent. Could He be an obedient Son and destroy the Law of our Father's House? So let us look to the word of the prophets for why Christ Jesus always called God, Father (or in Aramaic, Abba), and commanded us to do the same:

"Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD [*see Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 37]: neither shall it come to mind [*see Hebrews 8:6] neither shall they remember it [*see Luke 17:20]; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more [*types and shadows of ceremony are removed when Christ Jesus comes into the heart—see Hebrews 4:10, 7:22, 9:12 & 24]. At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination [marg. ref., stubbornness] of their evil heart. In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers. But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call Me, My father; and shalt not turn away from Me." Jeremiah 3:14-19.

Note carefully the bolded words. All the sacred names for God, all types and shadows, are contained in the Law and the Prophets. Note that what was mere shadow or type, i.e., a sacred name for God, will not be remembered any more because it was replaced with substance—by, in and through Christ Jesus:

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." Galatians 3:24-25.

Did or has God, our Father, being our Lawgiver, establish(ed) that relation between us and Him through Christ Jesus? For Christ Jesus to have called God any name other than Abba—Father—would have meant He turned away from Him, an act of disobedience, for He would have violated the above command in Jeremiah 3:19. But He did not at any time turn away. If He had turned away, He could never have borne Witness of the Spirit in the prophets or executed the Law and Judgment written from the beginning; and, we would be the most miserable creatures, without hope, destitute of salvation, condemned forever. Note Christ's testimony directing us what to call God our Father:

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name." Matthew 6:9.

When do we become a son joined to our Father? The answer is found in two places, first the Holy Spirit through Brother John declares,

"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13.

and then through Brother Paul declares,

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:…" Romans 8:16.

Therefore, claims that one "is saved" are frivolous without the witness of the Spirit of God. Do we join Him at our pleasure by our power or authority? Clearly the above Witnesses of the Spirit are contrary to such a flawed human doctrine. Do we become joined to our Father by use of a "sacred name" for Him known only to some? Again, clearly the contrary is witnessed by the Spirit. We are without any authority or power within ourselves to force God to do any thing for us. Only if the Spirit bears witness with our Spirit is it said we are the sons of God—not our own claims or the claims of others for us.
Those that claim we must use a sacred name for God claim to have knowledge unknown or unrevealed to and in Christ, thereby bringing damnation upon themselves because they believe not the Testimony of our Father through and about His Son,

"But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given Me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of Me, that the Father hath sent Me. And the Father Himself, which hath sent Me, hath borne witness of Me. Ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape. And ye have not [marg. ref., not honored] His word abiding in you: for Whom He hath sent, Him ye believe not." John 5:36-38.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Mark 16:16.

"Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him that sent Me." John 12:44.

"Then said Jesus again unto them, I go My way [*the Way of Truth and Life], and ye shall seek Me [*in your darkness because you know not Me nor the Scriptures about Me], and shall die in your sins [*being filled with your own ungodliness]: whither I go, ye cannot come [*the gulf separating Life and Light from death and darkness is too great].…I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins [*because ye believe Me not—note Deuteronomy 18:18-19 and Ezekiel 3:18]." John 8:21 & 24.

The Spirit, speaking through Solomon, also bearing witness,

"Turn you at My reproof [*"Repent: for the Kingdom of God is at hand…"]: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out My hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all My counsel, and would none of My reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon Me, but I will not answer; they shall seek Me early, but they shall not find Me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of My counsel: they despised all My reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices." Proverbs 1:23-31.

"Behold, I will bring forth to you the utterance of My breath, and I will instruct you in My speech. Since I called, and ye did not hearken; and I spoke at length, and ye gave no heed; but ye set at nought My counsels, and disregarded My reproofs; therefore I also will laugh at your destruction; and I will rejoice against you when ruin comes upon you; yea when dismay suddenly comes upon you, and your overthrow shall arrive like a tempest; and when tribulation and distress shall come upon you, or when ruin shall come upon you. For it shall be that when ye call upon Me, I will not hearken to you: wicked men shall seek Me, but shall not find Me. For they hated wisdom, and did not choose the word of the Lord: niether would they attend to My counsels, but derided My reproofs. Therefore shall they eat the fruits of their own way, and shall be filled with their own ungodliness." Proverbs 1:23-31 (LXX).

The use of a sacred name for God is not a commandment given by God through Christ Jesus; but, is a doctrine of self-aggrandizing men who have not the corroborating Witness of the Spirit of God—Judaizers—who,

"Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law." Romans 2:17-20

"Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness [*type or shadow (morphosis)], but deny the power thereof." 2 Timothy 3:4-5.

and in the same passage by the Spirit we are counselled,

"…from such turn away."

Remain in fullness of faith in and to our Sovereign Lord and Saviour Jesus, the Christ, for He bears Witness,

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." John 13:16.

And, by the Grace of God, our Father, all called by Him will hearken to His Name, Amen.

Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  19:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For most Christians, the name does not matter because Christian leaders have not taught them how important the name is. They don't even care that the Creator's name (Tetragrammaton) has been replaced with the simple title "Lord" over 7,000 times in the traditional bibles that they have been taught from and use. They even refuse immersion into the name of whom they call "Jesus" for the Trinity title immersion, which has no meaning. Yet the Apostle Paul, whose teachings they say they follow, taught about correct immersion in the name of Yahshuah to assure that believers received the Ruwach HaKodesh, (Acts:19:1-6), which proves that salvation for a believer is not complete until they have been immersed into the name of "Yahshuah." Christian leaders and Christians completely ignore these facts and call it heresy if one is immersed into the name only and not into the Trinity doctrine. Yet not one believer in Yahshuah was immersed into the Trinity doctrine according to the scriptures. Scriptural immersion is another issue that needs to be addressed and restored in order for people to have salvation. For a few, the name of the Mashiach has become a very important issue and a important part of their lives because they understand that the scriptures teach that the name is very important for the life of a believer. They also understand that there was only one name given for use in salvation which identifies the true Mashiach and that belief in this name is as important as the belief in the Mashiach.

* Matt 12:21 And in His name Gentiles will trust.

* John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of Elohim, to those who believe in His name:

* John 2:23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs, which He did.

* John 3:18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of Elohim.

* John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Yahshuah is the Mashiach, the Son of Elohim, and that believing you may have life in His name.

* Acts 3:16 And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith, which comes through Him, has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

* Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men, by which we must be saved."

* Phil 2:9 Therefore Elohim also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name ,

* 1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Yahshuah Mashiach and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

As I said, most Christians could care less about the Mashiach's name, yet the scriptures clearly teach they are supposed to not only believe in the Mashiach, but they also must believe and trust in his name. Most of the problems come from Christian leaders who have not taught the scriptures correctly. Therefore, they do not understand the scriptures when it comes to the issue of the Name. Since the issue of the Name has come to light, these Christian leaders teach their followers that belief in His true Name is not important for salvation. Belief in Christ is all you need, they say. Yet their argument does not hold up according to scripture. Here is an example why.

Christian leaders and teachers teach sinners that they have to believe the words of John 3:16 or they are going to go to hell for not believing so!

* John 3:16: For Elohim so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Christian leaders teach that sinners have to believe in Mashiach to have salvation and say we have to believe in a specific Messiah to be saved and they use John 3:16 to teach this. The scripture is the final authority. Therefore, we have to believe in the Mashiach that was given by Yahuah. But, Christian leaders stop there and do not continue to teach the next few scriptures of John's writings. Again, the scripture is the final authority. John 3:16 teaches that a person needs to believe in who the Mashiach is and John 3:18 teaches that believing is also believing in His Name, lest we be condemned already!

* John 3:18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of Elohim.

Christian leaders teach John 3:16 to sinners, and some say "I don't think I have to believe on a specific Mashiach to be saved. God knows my heart." But the scripture they teach to them condemns them if they do not believe in a specific Mashiach. Yet, when you teach Christian leaders John 3:18, they say just about the same as a sinner would who rejects a specific mashiach. Belief in HaMashiach's Name can also be understood with Acts 4:12 and Phil 2:9.

Yahuah gave the Mashiach from above for us to believe in. He also gave the name of the Mashiach from above for us to believe in, which is just as important as the person of the Mashiach. Therefore, it is not even a language issue because the name given for salvation is not of this world. We are to study the scriptures to understand the person and need for the Messiah, yet Christian leaders do not teach the people to study the scriptures to understand the name and the need for it. Yet, the scriptures are very clear and teach that we must also believe in His Name lest we be condemned. Therefore they are not teaching the true Evangel as it was given.

The scriptures are clear and Joel 2:32 shows us what name would be used for salvation. Please understand that it was not the name "Jesus" that was replaced and masked with LORD. But it was the Name Yahuah. If the name Jesus was replaced with LORD, then the following scripture would actually translate as follows.

* Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of Jesus shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As Jesus has said, Among the remnant whom Jesus calls.

Neither Joel or Peter quoted the name Jesus in their prophecy under the anointing. YHWH (Yod-Hey-Waw-Hey) does not transliterate to "Jesus" in any form. But what was original said is as follows:

* Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of Yahuah Shall be saved . For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as Yahuah has said, Among the remnant whom Yahuah calls.

If the name Jesus is of the Father's name then why can we not find it in the Old Testament Manuscripts? YHWH (Yod-Hey-Waw-Hey) does not transliterate to "Jesus." There is no "J", gee, ee, soos, sus, zus, us, sound in Yod-Hey-Waw-Hey.

There is no "J" sound in Hebrew, so the closest possibility of the rest of the name Jesus, being the "sus" part in Hebrew would be the following.

* OT:5483 cuwc (soos); or cuc (soos); from an unused root meaning to skip (properly, for joy); a horse (as leaping); also a swallow (from its rapid flight): KJV - crane, horse ([-back, -hoof]). Compare OT:6571.

Now, please do not be offended, I am not saying that the name "Jesus" means "Horse," I am just saying the name "Jesus" is not only full of holes, but it is full of major holes.

The fact of the matter is that belief in the Mashiach is a type of return to the garden of Eden (return to Yahuah), but Satan is back also and he is offering a different name (fruit)! If Adam and Eve had believed in Yahuah's word, they would not have taken the other fruit. The "Tetragrammaton" with the sounds of salvation within the name is the only Name we should believe in and use for salvation. However, Satan has introduced the forbidden fruit for the Evangel, such as Lord, Jesus, Iesous and made the people think, if you partake of these names you shall not die but live! The man is a liar!

When the point is made to Christian leaders that they need to believe and teach His true name, they will give the excuse that Paul wrote the Mashiach's name in Greek as Iesous. Yet, they don't even use the name Iesous, which proves that they don't even care to use the name they think Paul used. There are no original writings of Paul that exist anyway! Assumptions are not facts!

The point is that if one does not believe in John 3:18 also, they are not a true believer and have been deceived with a name that came from sinful man. The name Jesus came about around 450 years ago for the English language! Before then it was, ye-sous and before then it was ye-sooce, but none of these names is the Tetragrammaton with the sounds of salvation within the name!

Edited by - 2-elect on 23 Feb 2004 19:17:10
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  19:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings:
Some verifications of what has already been said:

“…the true pronunciation of devine names was carefully hidden from the uninitiated multitudes." ...from A.H. Sayce in his writing "Religion of the Ancient Babylonians," page 4.

For centuries men believed that the Tetragrammaton [four letters] were consonants. We now know that they are instead semi-vowels, or vowel/consonants similar to our letters “w” and “y,” i.e. [that is (to say)] they may be either vowels or consonants, depending upon how they are used. Some have stated that there are no vowels within the Hebrew alphabet but here are four learned witnesses that say otherwise.

Introductory Hebrew Grammar by R. Laird Harris states; “Four of the Hebrew letters [yodh, he vau, aleph]…are called vowel letters.”

The Beginners Handbook to Biblical Hebrew by Marks and Rogers and How the Hebrew Language Grew by Horowitz report also that the letters yodh, he vau, aleph are Hebrew vowel-consonants.

One thing we find interesting is that when vowel pointings are added to these semi-vowels they become consonants which is, perhaps, WHY men thought they were consonants for centuries.

And finally, to reiterate what Walter has already posted, the first century Jewish priest and historian Josephus, while discussing the garment of the high priest described in Exodus 28:1-43 makes this comment:

“His (the priest’s) head was covered by a tiara of fine linen, wreathed with blue, encircling which was another crown, of gold, whereon there were embossed the sacred letters, to whit, FOUR VOWELS…” [Emphasis added]

And the Sacred Name of Yahweh is made up completely of these vowels, yodh, he, vau, he [yod, hay, waw, hay] just as Josephus tells us. Hebrew linguists tell us that when four vowels occur together the word created by this will have three syllables, thus the Creator’s Name would be pronounced yah-oo-ay or yah-oo-ah’ and not merely yah-way. This is important since a name is not the letters that make it up but rather the sound of it.

We also have some evidence which shows that the true pronunciation was never lost but that information is not available at this moment. We will try to retrieve it and some other evidence we may have concerning the Set Apart name of YaHuWeH.

One of the reasons for the tremendous efforts that have been put out over the ages to destroy the name of the Supreme Sovereign may be found in this Maxim of Law:

Nomina si nescis perit cognitio rerum. If you know not the names of things, the knowledge of things themselves perishes. Co. Litt. 86.

This too, may the reason be why the Iewes claim to have killed God silently in the night, and no one even noticed. By destroying the name they would have effectively destroyed the knowledge of the Creator Himself.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 23 Feb 2004 19:42:48
Go to Top of Page

2-elect
Occasional Poster

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  19:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanielJacob

Note carefully the bolded words. All the sacred names for God, all types and shadows, are contained in the Law and the Prophets. Note that what was mere shadow or type, i.e., a sacred name for God, will not be remembered any more because it was replaced with substance?by, in and through Christ Jesus:

Hi DJ

If what the author said is true then why do your leaders use the following scriptures to establish your churches?

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the LORD has said, Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.'

Rom 10:13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Please remember that the Kodesh name use to be in those scriptures before your leaders broke the third commandment and replaced it with the generic title LORD.

Did Peter and Paul remember to use the Kodesh name when they quoted Joel? Was Peter and Paul led by the Spirit?

Please tell me are the scriptures above a commandment that would put one into the assemblly of Messiah? Please remember what was originally in that prophecy.

What the author has said flys in the face of the scriptures above. The scriptures above are a part of the foundation of Yahshuah's assembly and continues today. And the Kodesh name is a part of it. Those scriptures shoot a big hole in the authors justification for not using the Kodesh Name.

2-elect

PS: Since a sacred name for God, will not be remembered any more because it was replaced with substance by, in and through Christ Jesus: then you use the unsacred name "Jesus Christ," for he is god the son and existed before NT times, correct?

Edited by - 2-elect on 23 Feb 2004 20:38:40
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  21:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings brother Dani'el:
Peace be unto you.
A question: A wise man once said, regarding names, that what one creates, one has authority over. With that in mind we give you this:
Random House, Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary, copyrighted 1997, pg. 1027:

Je·su…n. Literary, Jesus. [1150 – 1200; ME < LL Iesu, obl. (orig. voc.) form of Iesus < Gk Iesou; see JESUS]

Je·sus…[1200 – 1250; ME < LL Iesus < Gk Iesous < Heb Yeshua’, syncopated var. of Yehoshua…Jesus finally supplanted the older form in both nom. and obl.]

We now go to Webster’s 1828 Dictionary to find out exactly what “syncopated var.” means:

SYN'COPATE, v.t. [See Syncope.] To contract, as a word, by taking one or more letters or syllables from the middle.

So from this little exercise we find that a syncopist [a liar with a pen in his hand] removed either one or more letters or syllables from the middle of His Hebrew Name and then apparently somewhere between 1150 and 1250 the names Jesu and Jesus were invented, and eventually supplanted His True Name!

If, in fact, these names were created or at least were first used between 1150 and 1250 A.D., how could they be in the original Scripture? If we look at the etymology of the name JESUS we see that it "apparently" evolved from a syncopated variation of the name Yahushua [Yehoshua]. The next question would be, who created or used that name, JESUS, since if one were to use that name as their Head, the creator of that name would have authority over the one(s) using it, would he not?

Did you know that Noah Webster, in his 1828 Dictionary of American English, did not include a definition for the name JESUS? Wonder why that is? He included a definition of the name JEHOVAH.

One more thing we should like to ask you is, why do you not ever mention the name JEHOVAH, which by the way is the Latin spelling of the name Yahuah? The J was an I as in the 1611, pronounced like our Y, and the V, as you no doubt know, is what we call today a U.

With only slightly more investigation we find that the letter “J” is a recent addition to the English language. “J. This letter has been added to the English Alphabet in modern days [circa 1500]; the letter I being written formerly in words where J is now used.” Webster’s 1828 Dictionary

To put it plainly, there is no way that He could have been named JESUS unless of course His parents named Him nearly one thousand five hundred years after His nativity!!!

And we leave you with this thought: Yasha'yahu [Isaiah] 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

Perhaps this is the reason the Anointed One said: Yahu'chanan [John] 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world...

Thank you in advance, dear brother. We pray this finds you and yours well and happy.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 23 Feb 2004 21:38:01
Go to Top of Page

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  21:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings to all, In His name, Father.

You may not know me, but I know everything about you:

http://www.fathersloveletter.com/fllpreviewlarge.html

Dios con vosotros,
Manuel

Edited by - Manuel on 23 Feb 2004 21:31:17
Go to Top of Page

Surveyor

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  21:35:17  Show Profile  Visit Surveyor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is more to be considered in a name than an appellation. The same man may be called by many different appellations or have exact same appellation as another man but each man is know for what he is. Appellations are mostly for introducing a stranger to a stranger or what men give to other men they desire to rule over. If the appellation puts me in touch with who I am trying to make contact at that time each may speak for himself.

Does in the name of the King refer to the appellation given the man or the authority of the office. By what name does a 4 month old child know its mother?

Clarence

Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2004 :  21:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings:

Peace be unto the house.

It is written, not by us, but by the King Himself...argue with Him.
Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

No offense intended, but He speaks for Himself here.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000