Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  14:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TOPIC: ANCIENT HEBREW SOLAR CALENDAR

SUBJECT: AT WHAT POINT IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD DOES A DAY/DATE BEGIN ON THE ANCIENT HEBREW SOLAR CALENDAR?

QUESTION: WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF NIGHT?

Definition:

Night...

1. is the dark portion of a 24 hour period.

2. begins one-half hour after the sun disappears below the western horizon.

3. ends one-half hour before the sun appears above the eastern horizon.

4. is 12 hours in duration only at the vernal and autumnal equinoxes.

5. does not have the same definition as evening.

6. contains only a fraction of the 12 hours called "P.M." or evening hours of each day/date.

7. contains only a fraction of the 12 hours called "A.M." or morning hours of each day/date.

8. will for purposes of this discussion be referred to as the blue definition.

9. is separate and distinct from the definition of evening and therefore is not synonymous with evening.

May we use the definition above for the word night in the discussion of this topic?

Is there anyone participating is this discussion that believes something should be added to or deleted from the 9 statements made above to define night in this discussion?

Respectfully Submitted

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 01 Apr 2005 23:52:22
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  14:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ancient Hebrew Solar Calendar

Yeremyah 6:16a

This is what Yahweh says:

Stand in the way and look, and ask for the paths of age past times,

saying; Where is the righteous way?

Then walk in it, and you will find rest to your souls...

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 01 Apr 2005 23:48:01
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  15:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

SUBJECT: AT WHAT POINT IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD DOES A DAY/DATE BEGIN ON THE ANCIENT HEBREW SOLAR CALENDAR?

QUESTION: WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF DAY/DAYLIGHT?

Definition:

Day/Daylight...

1. is the light portion of a 24 hour period.

2. begins one-half hour before the sun appears above the eastern horizon.

3. ends one-half hour after the sun disappears below the western horizon.

4. is 12 hours in duration only at the vernal and autumnal equinoxes.

5. does not have the same definition as morning.

6. contains only a fraction of the 12 hours represented by morning in each and every 24 hour period regardless of what month of year is occurring at a particular time.

7. contains only a fraction of the 12 hours represented by evening in each and every 24 hour hour period regardless of what month of the year is occurring at a particular time.

8. shall for the purposes of this discussion be referred to as the orange definition.

9. Is not synonymous with the term day/date.

May we use the definition above for the word day/daylight in the discussion of this topic?

Is there anyone participating is this discussion that believes something should be added to or deleted from the 9 statements made above to define day/daylight in this discussion?

Respectfully Submitted

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 01 Apr 2005 23:53:20
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  16:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

QUESTION: WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF EVENING?

Definitions:

Evening...

1. is 12 hours in duration.

2. begins when the sun is straight up (i.e. 12:00 noon standard time... 1:00 P.M. daylight savings time)

3. ends at midnight (12:00 midnight standard time...11:00 P.M. daylight savings time.)

4. is 12 hours in durations every day of the year.

5. does not have the same definition as night.

6. contains only a fraction of the day/daylight hours of each 24 hour day/date.

7. contains only a fraction of the night hours of each 24 hour day/date.

8. will for purposes of this discussion be referred to as the green definition.

9. is separate and distinct from the definition of night and therefore is not synonymous with night.

May we use the definition above for the word evening in the discussion of this topic?

Is there anyone participating is this discussion that believes something should be added to or deleted from the 9 statements made above to define evening in this discussion?

Respectfully Submitted

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 03 Apr 2005 01:44:29
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  16:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

QUESTION: WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF MORNING?

Definitions:

Morning...

1. is 12 hours in duration...coincides with all the A.M. hours of standard time.

2. begins at midnight (12:00 midnight standard time ...11:00 P.M. daylight savings time)

3. ends at noon (12:00 noon standard time...1:00 P.M. daylight savings time.)

4. is 12 hours in duration every day of the year.

5. does not have the same definition as day/daylight.

6. contains only a fraction of the night hours of each 24 hour period called a day/date.

7. contains only a fraction of the day/daylight hours of each 24 hour hour period called a day/date.

8. will for purposes of this discussion be referred to as the purple definition.

9. is separate and distinct from the definition of day/daylight and therefore is not synonymous with day/daylight.

May we use the definition above for the word evening in the discussion of this topic?

Is there anyone participating is this discussion that believes something should be added to or deleted from the 9 statements made above to define morning in this discussion?

Respectfully Submitted

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 03 Apr 2005 10:51:43
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  20:21:16  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Marty,

On your color-coded definitions, I will say this:
1) Even(ing) is when the sun setting is even with the horizon; this leaves some wiggle room, I know, because the sun's disk is a few degrees wide and does not address atmospheric bending. I'm not sure _exactly_ when "even" is, but neither am I sure it needs a strict definition to be in force. Every Biblical usage I know of agrees with this, including Jeremiah 6:4 with which some like to play word games to support a day starting at noon.
2) Morning is the rising sun's counter-part to evening. In the passage on the institution of Passover there is reference in the Hebrew to "between the evens" (which the English manages to mangle) for killing the Passover lamb, which I interpret to mean between sunrise and sunset.
3) Night is after evening and is what we call nightime.
4) Day is what we call daytime.

People worked during the day and would not have time to watch for solar meridian (your start of evening), and were asleep at night for midnight (your start of morning). But everyone could tell that the sun was setting...

Walter
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  21:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Walter

Marty,

On your color-coded definitions, I will say this:
1) Even(ing) is when the sun setting is even with the horizon; this leaves some wiggle room, I know, because the sun's disk is a few degrees wide and does not address atmospheric bending. I'm not sure _exactly_ when "even" is, but neither am I sure it needs a strict definition to be in force. Every Biblical usage I know of agrees with this, including Jeremiah 6:4 with which some like to play word games to support a day starting at noon.
Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

Walter:

In the Book of Yahweh, Mr. Hawkins translates Yeremyah (Jeremiah) 6:4 as follows:
quote:
From The Book of Yahweh...

Prepare war against her! Arise, and let us advance at noon. Woe to us, for the day goes away, for the shadows of the evening are lenghtening.
Do you believe Mr. Hawkins has translated the verse properly?

Do you believe Mr. Hawkins is one of the people referred to in the quote above who like to play word games?

Thank you for considering this, Walter.

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 01 Apr 2005 23:51:08
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  21:54:16  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cornerstone Foundation

Do you believe Mr. Hawkins has translated the verse properly?

Do you believe Mr. Hawkins is one of the people referred to in the quote above who like to play word games?

Thank you for considering this, Walter.

Marty

Jeremiah 6:
4 Prepare ye war against her; arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe unto us! for the day goeth away, for the shadows of the evening are stretched out.
5 Arise, and let us go by night, and let us destroy her palaces.

Marty,

Yes, I take issue with "lengthening;" it should be "lengthened." Check the Strong's (or other) data to see if you agree.

The passage, to me, is talking of a people who can't seem to quite get their collective act together. The verse says they were going to attack at noon, then it says "Woe to us!" If it were still noon, why say that? But they said "woe" because the shadows were already long - that is, it was getting towards evening and dark. Then in verse five they say they will attack at night. This confirms evening is towards night. Don't you agree?

Per the KJV, "are stretched out" means that the shadows were already stretched out, rather than they were begun being "stretched." The shadows belong to the late day, not to midday. It the same difference between trees which "are grown" and provide shade for a house and trees in a plant nursery which "are grown" to be sold. I guess it's a failing of the English language that the verb phrase can mean two distinct things; but context makes it clear.

Walter
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  23:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Walter

Jeremiah 6:
4 Prepare ye war against her; arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe unto us! for the day goeth away, for the shadows of the evening are stretched out.
5 Arise, and let us go by night, and let us destroy her palaces.

Marty,

Yes, I take issue with "lengthening;" it should be "lengthened." Check the Strong's (or other) data to see if you agree.

The passage, to me, is talking of a people who can't seem to quite get their collective act together. The verse says they were going to attack at noon, then it says "Woe to us!" If it were still noon, why say that? But they said "woe" because the shadows were already long - that is, it was getting towards evening and dark. Then in verse five they say they will attack at night. This confirms evening is towards night. Don't you agree?

Per the KJV, "are stretched out" means that the shadows were already stretched out, rather than they were begun being "stretched." The shadows belong to the late day, not to midday. It the same difference between trees which "are grown" and provide shade for a house and trees in a plant nursery which "are grown" to be sold. I guess it's a failing of the English language that the verb phrase can mean two distinct things; but context makes it clear.

Walter

Yes, Walter...when verse 4 of Yeremyah chapter 6 is put in context with verse 5 it does lead one to believe that the situation being described there is as you say.

It seems quite likely but not conclusive...because shadows do begin a process of becoming longer from noon on.

With all that in mind... please consider that even if the situation is as you describe, the green definition given above in Cornerstone Foundation's 77th post for evening fits for Yeremyah 6:4-5.

The twelve hour period defined as evening includes that part of the day when the shadows are longest just before the sun goes behind the western horizon.

An amplified rendering of the KJV translation of Yeremyah 6:4-5 might read as follows if the green definition was used for evening and the blue definition was used for night:

quote:
Prepare ye war against her; arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe unto us! day/daylight goeth away, for the shadows are stretched out to the greastest length right now that they will be at any time during the 12 hour portion of a day/date called evening. That 12 hour period began at noon when the shadows began to be stretched out and will end at midnight...but the shadows are lengthened the greatest right now because the sun is about to go behind the western horizon. Right after 12:00 midnight it will no longer evening...then it will be morning...one hour after midnight it will be 1 A.M. or in other words one o'clock in the morning.

Arise, and let us go during the part of the day/date when it is dark, and let us destroy her palaces. The part of the day/date when it is dark will include part of the twelve hours of evening and part of the twelve hours of morning because part of the dark night happens during morning. If we are destroying palaces at 1 A.M. we will be destroying palaces at night and morning simutaneously...because it is always dark night at one o'clock in the morning

Proverbs 25:2 The glory of Yahweh lies in what He conceals, but the glory of kings lies in matters they search out. (Please see also Psalm 25:14 and Proverbs 3:32)

Revelation 1:6 ...And has made us kings and priests to Yahweh our Father-to Whom belongs glory and power forever and ever. HalleluYahweh! (Please also see Exodus 19:5-6, Revelation 5:10 and 1 Peter 2:9)

Thank you for helping us "search out the matter" king Walter.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  16:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,
if we let scripture speak for itself...
one will find the day starts at what we call 6:00 a.m. Basically daybreak. Why Peter uses the third hour, ninth hour, and Daniel sets apart three times for 'sacrifice' morning sacrifice {9:00} noon {12:00} and evening sacrifice {3:00} is evident.
The night is divided into four watches...the first-second-third-fourth. Corresponds to 6:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m. 'mid-night' and 3:00 a.m.
These are the only terms used to tell daily day-night time in the Book.
We should be familar with this, though most all use Babylonian time, and a few...military time.
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  17:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert-James

Greetings,
if we let scripture speak for itself...
one will find the day starts at what we call 6:00 a.m. Basically daybreak.

Robert James,

If we inserted specific definitions for the general terms you have used in your statement above...we would understand your statement to be:

"one will find the day/date starts at what we call six o'clock in the morning. Basically day/daybreak"

Is our understanding of your statement correct?

Thank you for giving this your attention, Robert James.

Marty

Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  21:58:36  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cornerstone Foundation

The twelve hour period defined as evening includes that part of the day when the shadows are longest just before the sun goes behind the western horizon.

An amplified rendering of the KJV translation of Yeremyah 6:4-5 might read as follows if the green definition was used for evening and the blue definition was used for night:

quote:
Prepare ye war against her; arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe unto us! day/daylight goeth away, for the shadows are stretched out to the greastest length right now that they will be at any time during the 12 hour portion of a day/date called evening. That 12 hour period began at noon when the shadows began to be stretched out and will end at midnight...but the shadows are lengthened the greatest right now because the sun is about to go behind the western horizon. Right after 12:00 midnight it will no longer evening...then it will be morning...one hour after midnight it will be 1 A.M. or in other words one o'clock in the morning.

Arise, and let us go during the part of the day/date when it is dark, and let us destroy her palaces. The part of the day/date when it is dark will include part of the twelve hours of evening and part of the twelve hours of morning because part of the dark night happens during morning. If we are destroying palaces at 1 A.M. we will be destroying palaces at night and morning simutaneously...because it is always dark night at one o'clock in the morning

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your expression of confidence. <g> I hope I am deserving when the time comes.

I would repeat the few verses I posted recently. These show that a "day" goes from even to even; that a new day starts when it gets dark (at the beginning of night-time); and that evening is not the same as morning or noon. There are numerous examples for these. Evening (and morning) is a small amount of time and not a half day - otherwise it conflicts with Scripture, afaict.

* The pattern (both night and then "day" constitute a day):
Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
* Followed (from even unto even):
Leviticus 23:32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.
* Again followed (dark/night marks beginning of a Biblical day):
Nehemiah 13:19 And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark (Strong's #06751) before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day.
* Times of day distinguished (so people can't claim even is at daybreak or noon):
Psalm 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

Some other examples:

Exodus 16:13* ¶ And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.
Exodus 18:14* And when Moses' father in law saw all that he did to the people, he said, What is this thing that thou doest to the people? why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even?
Leviticus 22:6 The soul which hath touched any such shall be unclean until even, and shall not eat of the holy things, unless he wash his flesh with water. 7) And when the sun is down, he shall be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things; because it is his food.
Judges 19:9* And when the man rose up to depart, he, and his concubine, and his servant, his father in law, the damsel's father, said unto him, Behold, now the day draweth toward evening, I pray you tarry all night: behold, the day groweth to an end, lodge here, that thine heart may be merry; and to morrow get you early on your way, that thou mayest go home.
Proverbs 7:9 In the twilight (Strong's 05933), in the evening, in the black and dark night:
Mark 1:32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.
Luke 24:29* But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

There's only one verse that suggests the day starts at sunrise, and I believe I can persuade an open mind that it is mistranslated.

Walter

Edited by - Walter on 23 Dec 2004 21:59:40
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2004 :  18:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Cornerstone,
yes, even a child can understand the simplicity of this. Which is why I do. The day starts with the Light coming in. Metaphysically and physically.

Scripture is for the spirit man, the natural man will not conceive {open up} to receive it, i.e. the seed of truth. Receive the seed-truth, and one can bring forth life. Jezebel was chaste.
I seriously doubt that the Master teacher hammered home ancient scripture to get the truth across. Truth is self evident...to those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
To think the day starts at night is to be double minded.
Does bad start with good?
Does wrong start with right?
I won't ARGUE scripture. We all have the same writings, but not the same mind or heart.
I say mine, you yours.
Until the Daystar arise in your hearts...
poetic language.

Marty, so much is so simple, us smart GUYS don't get 'it'.
Like, is the Kingdsom here and now? or are we waiting for something?
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2004 :  18:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Greetings Cornerstone,
yes, even a child can understand the simplicity of this. Which is why I do. The day starts with the Light coming in. Metaphysically and physically.[/br]

Robert James,

Using the more specific definitions...do you mean....

quote:
..even a child can understand the simplicity of this...the day/date starts with the day/daylight coming in?

Please clarify this.

Thank you

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  17:43:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,
find a young child who has no dogmatic religion to defend, and ask him-her when a day starts... And when they can tell it is night. {not bed time}
Blessings,
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  21:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Greetings,
find a young child who has no dogmatic religion to defend, and ask him-her when a day starts... And when they can tell it is night. {not bed time}
Blessings,

Robert,

It is because we have communicated with you in the past and realize that you are far past the maturity of a young child that we address such questions to you in our search for the truth in this matter.

quote:
Hebrews 5:13-6:3....

For everyone who continues to feed on the milk is unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness ; for he is a babe.

But strong meet belongs to those who are full-grown; for those whose senses are trained by practice to discern both righteousness and evil.

Therefore, leaving the elementary teachings about the Messiah, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward Yahweh, of the teaching of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrections of the dead, and of eternal judgement;

If indeed Yahweh permits, we will proceed to advanced teaching.

Robert,

We know that you are knowlegeable, capable and have the resources to participate in this discussion in a meaningful and edifying manner.

If Yahweh wills...please proceed.

Question: With the more specific definitions, did you mean? Answer A...

quote:
Even a child can understand the simplicity of this...the day/date starts with the day/light coming in.

or do you instead mean?....Answer B

quote:
Even a child can understand the simplicity of this....the day/daylight starts with the day/light coming in.

If you intend to communicate Answer B, the answer is simple and obvious.

If you intend to tell us that Answer A is what you mean that is an entirely different matter.

We perceive that Answer A cannot be supported by the Scriptures as they relate to the Ancient Hebrew Solar Calendar.

Best Regards,

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 21 Jan 2005 18:18:02
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  16:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Marty,
so sorry to have not answered you, I just noticed the post, looking to PM you.
I am a great help...yes to both...A-B. I did write the response in regards B though, at that time.
Our problem is what you say...ancient hebrew solar calendar. This is previous to any babylonian captivity period.
Enoch lived 365 years and was translated. Solar. The mysteriums of our Father's faith, is a mystery, as per Yahushua talking in riddles and parables. When the seventh angel sounds...the mystery is finished. Me thinks that some are hearing the seventh angel's message{s} now, and truely, for awhile now.
Shall we prove the resurrection, for that matter any revelation, before the time? Circumspect, close to the vest.
My day starts at sun up, approximately 6:00 a.m.
Now the world has the day start at midnight, for commercial purposes.
The nerve of those British...Grenwich Village time!!! How close to Westminister Abby or Glastonbury, where Yoseph of Aramitha lived, is that line?
The night is far spent, arise and shine, may the Glory of Yahuweh be upon You.
Upon this format, to answer A would be so time consuming. It would bore, and cause arguements. Revelation comes like lightening. Mere words fall away.
Mary noticed the resurrection at day break. Zerah...a Kingline of Yudah.
A new day dawned. The third Day.
There is something working that is so simple, even a child can get it.
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  13:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oneisraylite made a post to the Lunar Sabbath Topic on Gregorian 1/19/2005 at 8:49:05 AM.

We are responding to the contents of that post here in the Biblical (Solar) Calendar Topic because in our opinion that is where such a discussion belongs.

We would prefer that the topic be entitled Scriptural Solar Calendar.

It is our understanding that Oneisraylite and Walter both understand these sabbaths to be sabbaths on the Ancient Hebrew Solar Calendar as opposed to a lunar sabbaths on the lunar calendar.

It is our further understanding that Oneisraylite, Walter and Cornerstone Foundation are in agreement that the lunar calendar is not a scripturally based calendar established by Yahweh

The lunar calendar is a calendar that the Israylite people used at times. The Scripture indicates the use of the lunar calendar, perhaps, but also records Yahweh's extreme displeasure concerning its use.

Having said that, will the reader please direct his or her attention to the following exerpt from Oneisraylite's post and Cornnerstone's question concerning it as follows:

quote:
In his 1/19 2005 (Gregorian): 08:49:05 AM post to the Lunar Sabbath Topic Oneisraylite wrote:

Greetings Walter:
Peace be unto the house.

You state:
quote:
Walter wrote....

If 1/15 is a Sabbath...

Therein, perhaps, lies the key. We have found, nowhere in the Scripture, that the 15th of Abib is a "shabbath", it is however, a "shabbathon", we believe. Shabbathons [H7677], are, a sabbatism or special holiday [set-apart day]. A sabbatism, is a special holiday [set-apart day] that is treated like a “weekly” sabbath [H7676]. These occur also on “of the 1st and last days of the Feast of Tabernacles; the Day of At-one-ment; and the misnamed Feast of Trumpets” [Day of Acclamation]....

.....In fact, there are a couple of places in the Scripture where we see a shabbath of a shabbathon, an interesting phraseology, to say the least.

We can see nowhere in Scripture where it is said that Abib 15 is a shabbathon (H7677)

It seems that the only three days that the canonical Holy Scriptures refer to as shabbathons (H7677) are the following:

....... 1.) Feast of Trumpets (Ethanim 1, see Leviticus 23:24),

....... 2.) the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles (Ethanim 15, see Leviticus 23:39)

....... 3.) the Last Great Day (Ethanim 22, the eight day or the first day following the seven days of the Feast of Tabernacles. It is referred to as the Closing Gathering. See Leviticus 23:33-39)

From what we have seen all other days, are referred to by the Hebrew word shabbath (H7676).

Did we miss anything in our study of this?

Respectfully submitted,

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 19 Jan 2005 13:59:39
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  21:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations brother Marty:
Peace be unto the house.
Sorry we took so long answering this, we just now found it.
quote:
We can see nowhere in Scripture where it is said that Abib 15 is a shabbathon (H7677)…From what we have seen all other days, are referred to by the Hebrew word shabbath (H7676).

Contrary to what you state above, we believe that Abib 15 is not ever referred to as a shabbath (H7676), but instead we are simply instructed to “do no servile work therein”, thus we have ass-u-med that it must be a “special set-apart day”, which would mean that it is a shabbathon (H7677), though, as you correctly state above, it is not emphatically stated.
Leviticus 23:7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
Numbers 28:18 In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein
Hope this is helpful.

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 22 Jan 2005 08:03:43
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  07:19:10  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneisraelite

Contrary to what you state above, we believe that Abib 15 is not ever referred to as a shabbath (H7676), but instead we are simply instructed to “do no servile work therein”, thus we have ass-u-med that it must be a “special set-apart day”, which would mean that it is a shabbathon (H7677), though it is not emphatically stated.
Leviticus 23:7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
Numbers 28:18 In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein

Lev. 23:3* Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
Lev. 23:24* Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

I think an holy convocation is also a Sabbath, by definition.

Edited by - Walter on 22 Jan 2005 07:20:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000