Page: of 3

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2005 :  21:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Merrill

No. That is not what I meant by the Real McCoy. [Presuming of course that Moffat's translation has been misquoted.]

I was talking about the Messianic model in the term Shiloh:

quote:
Gen 49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

The people at that site seem comfortable in their identity as Custodian. I like to see that.

Regards,

David Merrill.

I know those people. Although Bishop Gordon Pearce has the correct pronunciation of The Name, he goes off the deep end, saying that if you say "God" or "Jesus" or "Lord" you are wicked and cannot be saved.

The are a very small, insular group. They believe that only the eight of them will be saved, because only they are serving YHWH. They also believe that "everyone who believes in Christ is now a spiritual Levite" and other things.

They are kind people, very studious, but their bishop is very stubborn. There are several laws I am following which he refuses to follow, because he says "it can't be done today", such as not wearing clothing made of mixed thread.

I wish them the best. Their tassel study is great; they are the only group I know that obeys the mitzvot of Numbers 15:38. They even get that one a little bit wrong.

Their theological errors are minor; they are such sweet people. The only problem I have with them as a group, and with Gordon Pearce in particular, is their extreme dogmatism.

Bishop Pearce, for example, insists that to obey the commandment of Levirate marriage, a man would have to divorce any woman he might currently be married to. He couldn't back this up from scripture.

Edited by - Linc on 23 Jul 2005 22:27:27
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2005 :  22:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Link;

From somebody who knows them.

I have not heard of or from them and so I was assuming. Assuming from the symbols.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Go to Top of Page

I. Scriabin

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2005 :  16:07:25  Show Profile  Send I. Scriabin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It seems that only two men who have walked upon the earth have know the uncorrupted "truth," the first man Adam before sin, and the second Adam the Messiah while living as a human following baptism by the True Spirit of our Father in the heavens.

While all others may not have known, or do not know, the full truth of all things, we have been given some of it. A little truth here, and more truth there, if we are able to search it out. But as Messiah said, the real test is whether we have love for each other, as defined in the Word.

Apparently none among humankind will be privy to the whole truth until the time of the great day of the Almighty One. Perhaps as world conditions worsen as we approach that day there will be further enlightenment and a coming together of men of good will.

But that there are considerable numbers among us in this "dog eat dog" world who show real love is very encouraging!

Go to Top of Page

Eliyah

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  04:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something you may want to consider reguarding this topic.

Idolatry by " syncretisim "?
This Post may or may not be of intrest to some on here, and also this post uses the true( Hebrew to English) names of the Creator and Messiah.

In Isaiah 65:11 is a very interesting statement made by the Creator through Isaiah the prophet, which many people have never really investigated in the original texts of scripture.

The Old King James Version has this verse translated thus... ""But ye are they that forsake " the LORD",( Note YHWH==Strongs Exaustive Concordance, S.E.C.Heb.Num.3050,3068 , that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for " that troop",( Note GAD==GAWD=GUWD S.E.C. Heb. Nums.1408,1409,1464==A Babylonian Deity called Baal Gad), and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.""

This Babylonian Deity called Baal Gad mentioned in (Joshua 11:17; 12:7; 13:5), was later worshipped by the children of Israel, and the true Creator YAH( Psalms 68:4) considered it Idolatry.

If you look in to the "" Webster's Unabridged Deluxe Dictionary, Second Edition, Page 746, "" GAD, 1.IN THE BIBLE, a son of Jacob. 2. A tribe of Israel descended from him. 3. The land where this tribe lived. GAD, gad, interj. A mild oath or expression of suprise, disgust, e.t.c., A EUPHEMISM FOR GOD. ""

Then, when you look at the word "" Baal"( S.E.C. Heb.Num.1167,1168), then you will see that one of its definitions is ""LORD"".

When the title of "" LORD GOD"" is transliterated back into the Hebrew( notice the vowel pointing), it is the same title of "" Baal Gad"", a Babylonian Deity that was condemned by YHWH.( Remember Old Eliyah the Prophet that faced the Baal prophets?).

This word " GOD==GAD==GAWD=GUWD" is pronounced the same, and has been applied to the true Creator YHWH, and even in most all the English translations of scriptures too.

All these words "GAD= GOD"( English), "Gott=Guth"(German),"GUD"( Danish and Swedish) are related to ( S.E.C.H.D.Numbrs.1408, 1409, 1464), the Germans are the ancient ARYAN= ASSYRIANS, that took the northern 10 tribes as captive.

The true Creator spoke through Jeremiah the prophet and said this would happen in the last days..."" How long shall this be in the heart( mind) of the prophets that prophesy lies?...Which think to cause my people to FORGET MY NAME( YHWH==YAH=3050,3068, see Psalms 68:4)...as their fathers have forgotten MY NAME( YHWH==3050,3068 for (Baal Gad==LORD GOD).""( Jer.23:26-27).
Also, He says that He would remove the names( plural) of Balim( lord and god) out of their mouths( See also Hosea 2:16-17).

Should people not get an early start at doing that?

Have you investigated this matter fully? The children of Israel was condemned for such Idolatry, and the Apostle said, "" There are LORDS MANY and GODS MANY, and there is not in every man this knowledge.""( 1 Cor.8:5-7).

YHWH commanded to NOT EVEN MENTION other deities( Exod.23:13, Joshua 23:7, Deut.5:7), and the English " god==gad" is of pagan origin( See Encyclopedieas, especially the Brittannica), even tracing back to the time of the Israelites.

To apply other pagan deities to YHWH is expressly forbidden, and violates the " 1st, 2nd, and 3rd" commandments( Exod.20:2-7), as most all english translations of scriptures have done also.

Even Solomon succommed to practiceing " Syncretisim", or combinning pagan deities to YHWH because of his 700 wives and 300 concubines, and he too was condemned for his Idolatry( 1 Kings 11:4-6,33).

People will point out in the scriptures concerning other evil " Kings " of Israel that " did evil in the sight of YHWH ", but they just skim over or ignor the lesson concerning Solomon who committed abominations of Idolatry, and he too " DID EVIL IN THE SIGHT OF THE L-RD(YHWH= YAH=3050, 3068--)( 1 Kings 11:6--).

And in every place in the scriptures that " Ashtoreth= Astarte= Easter "( The Female deity) was practiced( as it is today), so was the Idolatry worship of " Baal=Lord and Gad=God"( The male diety counterpart of Astarte), and this same thing is being practiced on a world wide scale today by modern churchianity.

In every place that "" Ashtoroth==Astarte==Easter" was practiced( See Ezek.8:14-18--), so was the worship of the Babylonian deity called "" Baal Gad=Lord God""( Judges 2:11,13, 1 Kings 11:33--), and it was condemned by YHWH= YAH, and it even condemned Solomon too( 1 Kings 11:6--).

When I point this out to people concerning Solomon, they are in absolute shock, because most have not fully realized this lesson concerning Solomon and the practice of Idolatry by syncretisim.

Carry this same example on down to today.

Now, I'm not defending " Catholics and Protestants " in my post, but I do point out that those people who " point the finger " at Catholics and Protestants for their pagan " Ashtoreth= Astarte= Easter "( Ezek.8:14-18--) are in the same boat and riding the same dead beast by holding on to a pagan origin Babylonian deity called " Baal=Lord and Gad=God " , then, combine it with YHWH, and expect YHWH to accept it in their worship.

Does YHWH accept " syncrenization " of the pagan " Easter=Astarte=Ashoreth " with Him and His true worship ? I think You and I BOTH know the answer to that question; well neither does YHWH accept its male deity counterpart of " Baal=Lord and Gad=God " applied to Him either.

It is certain that YHWH=YAH will not accept such pagan worship, but then WHO really does accept such pagan worship? It is the devil-See ( Rev.12:9; Rev.13:3-4 and verse 8--).

In every place that "" Ashtoroth==Astarte==Easter" was practiced, so was the worship of the Babylonian deity called "" Baal Gad=Lord God""( Judges 2:11,13, 1 Kings 11:33), and it was condemned by YHWH= YAH.

The word "god" comes from the Old German ""Gott, Guth"", which originated from worship of tarus the bull( See All Encyclopedieas especially the Brittanica of word "god").

So Solomon too did " think there was nothing wrong" with combinning pagan deities to YHWH either, but YAH certainly did think it was wrong, and this resulted in rending the Kingdom from him, and the split of the Kingdom, and the rejection of Solomon.

There are many examples in scriptures where the children of Israel were taken captive by other nations for practicing " syncretisim" of pagan deities to YHWH=YAH( Psalms 68:4)..

In ( Acts 14:12-15) of the pagan Jupiter, which is another example of combining pagan deities to YHWH, but to the Romans, Jupiter was the suppreme being, but he was NOT the suppreme being according to the Apostle either.

It may not seem to make a difference to human beings, but it certainly does to YHWH, as His Word absolutely proves that it does matter.

The Hebrew words " EL" and " Elohim" existed long BEFORE( According to scriptures) and it was originally a pure word title applied to YAH; but pagan cultures adopted it and applied it to their deities; but the word " gad=god" was used exclusively to a pagan Babylonian deity of Baal( =lord) Gad(= god), and used for worship of taurus the bull.

Inspite of what commentaries, lexicons, e.t.c. say, the word " god= gad" is not a correct transliteration from the word " EL" in Hebrew.

The Titles of " EL and Elohim" was originally pure Titles applied to YAH, but the word " god=gad" was and is applied to a Babylonian deity, which is condemned in ( Isaiah 65:11).

In ( Jer.8:8) it was prophesied that the scribes and translators would alter the scriptures texts.

And an example of that is by comparing N.T. texts as quoted from the original scriptures, with that of the O.T.texts.

Example of alteration from Hebrew to Greek to English is as follows below.

In the ( O.K.J.V.) of ( Matt.4:4; Luke 4:4) where Messiah said ""...but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of "" GOD( English)"", and "" Theos( Greek)"".

Here, the Messiah quoted( compare) from ( Deut.8:3)
which should read, "" .... but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of "" THE LORD"( K.J.V.)( =S.E.C. Heb.Numbs. 3050,3068==YAH) doth man live.""

Why is the word "" god"" used in ( Matt.4:4; Luke 4:4) and the word "" LORD" is used in ( Deut.8:3), but both leave out the true name of YAH( 3050,3068)??

The Greeks used their " deity" of " Theos" in translation, and the English merely used theirs of "" God"", but the original text says "" YAH "(S.E.C. 3050,3068).

This is one prime example of alteration and syncretisim, and covering up the true Creator's name with pagan titles in other cultures languages.

To the Greeks and Romans, their " Theos deity" was Zeus and Jupiter, not the true Creator YAH, and whenever the scriptures were translated into other cultures languages, the translators merely inserted their own " Deity" in place of the true Name of YAH.

This may come as an EYE OPENER and a shock to many, but the Book of Revelation says that in the last days the whole earth would be worshipping satan the devil( See Rev.12:9; Rev.13:3-4,8; Rev.13:8) through his deception

Now do you think that traditional christianity is not deceived too? People better think about that again.

Paul certainly NEVER used the pagan title of " theos", because Paul admitted that he observed the entirety of the law( Acts 24:14), and that would include ( Exod.20:2-7; Exod.23:13; Deut.5:7;Joshua 23:7).

Also, Paul was against their " pagan theos of Jupiter" in ( Acts 14:11-15).

But, no matter how much proof from scriptures that is given to people, and even examples such as Solomon that practiced " syncretisim", which was, and still is prohibitted and condemned by YHWH, people will still do what they see right in their own eyes.

I do believe that there are honest people out there, and those who are truely TRUTH SEEKERS will eventually see this truth.

Otherwise, how could satan the devil deceive the whole world and its inhabitants into worshipping him in THE END TIMES( Rev.12:9; Rev.13:3-4, 8) ? Think about it, and pray about it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article.

Eliyah C.
And he shall turn the heart( mind ) of the fathers to the children, and the heart( mind ) of the children to their fathers, lest I( YHWH=YAH, Psalms68:4) come and smite the earth with a curse( Mal.4:6).
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  18:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings brother Eliyah:

Peace be unto the house.

"If you look in to the "" Webster's Unabridged Deluxe Dictionary, Second Edition, Page 746, "" GAD, 1.IN THE BIBLE, a son of Jacob. 2. A tribe of Israel descended from him. 3. The land where this tribe lived. GAD, gad, interj. A mild oath or expression of suprise, disgust, e.t.c., A EUPHEMISM FOR GOD.""

One we had not yet discovered...thanks brother! We shall happily delve into it!

brother Robert: & helpmeet

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el,
NOT the man-made, fictional USA.
Ephesians 2:12 & 19
An act done by me against my will is not my act.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 18 Aug 2005 18:56:59
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  19:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote a computer program to optimize the resonance in the Table of Relative Weights. To find the best standard for this end; to reduce the deviation from whole numbers of the entire Table for naturally occuring isotopes.

http://ecclesia.org/forum/images/suitors/Resonance3.gif
http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_72-weights.jpg
www.ecclesia.org/forum/images/suitors/72foldName.gif

The best standard for optimum resonance is Gadolinium 157. Not only that, but the other shift from above to below whole numbers on the Table, what one in a sense can consider the Start of the new shifted Table, occurs at atomic weight 72! There is the Seventy-Two Fold Name of God found at Exodus 4:19-21. These three verses are all seventy-two letters long equalling 216 total sum; which is also 6x6x6.

http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_Pi-snippet.wmv

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. Reading further into Gerard Gertoux's book:

quote:
Page 141.

Thus the current form YeHoWaH, which one finds in Jewish Bibles, is the product of a long history. What is more this complex process took place without the knowledge of the protagonists. One can suppose that if God really attaches importance to his name, all these concidences were not necessarily accidental. In the greatest of paradoxes, the system of the querel kethib which was supposed to protect God's name really did protect it, except for this 'amusing' detail; the Name was coded by its own vowels, which has to be the epitome of coding. Consequently, in the debates with those that laugh at the 'naive' reading Yehowah, perhaps the naives are not the ones we might think.

In context the author is saying the original Name is pronounced Yehowah and that over time it has been called by vowel deviations to hide the name from misuse. Only to come back to the proper pronunciation with authorities like Strong's, Young's and Richardson's concordance/lexicons.

Edited by - David Merrill on 18 Aug 2005 19:22:29
Go to Top of Page

I. Scriabin

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2005 :  22:38:06  Show Profile  Send I. Scriabin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Eliyah,

Well stated. I concur. There is more.
Go to Top of Page

Eliyah

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  05:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, look up the word " Gad " in Websters Dictionary, and do a study of its " gawd" pronounciation in Websters, and ( S.E.C. Hebrew dictionary, it is from number 1464= GUwD), which is where the " Danish and Swedish title of GUD", and they are all related, from the German Gott=Guth, which according to Encyclopedieas( Especially the Britannica)it " god" was adopted in to christianity upon conversion of the Teutonic races, and was originally used by pagans of a molten image of Tuarus the bull.

Also, look up the word " god " in the" New English Dictionary, Vol.12:Page 169" for its ARYAN roots "Gheu".

It was the Ancient Assyrians ie-ARYANS ie-Germans that took the Northern 10 tribes captive. Remember?

Shalom Brother,

Eliyah C.
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2005 :  06:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
H3068
yod hey waw hey
yehovah
yeh-ho-vaw'
[Strong's mispronunciation based on Tyndale's (1530) "erroneous transliteration of Heb. Tetragramaton YHWH, using vowel points of Adhonai "my lord"."]

2. Jehovah, modern mispronunciation (since the 16th century a.d.) of Yahweh, in which the Hebrew consonants Y(J)-H-W(V)-H were pronounced with the vowels of the Hebrew word adonay (see [ecclesia.org’s format would not support this]), which were added to the Hebrew consonantal text of the Bible to indicate that the latter word was to be read instead of the divine name.

H3050
yod hey
yahh
yaw
[Strong's correct pronunciation of yod hey]
Contracted for H3068

“…the tetragrammaton is the imperfective of Heb. verb hawah…in the sense of "the one who is, the existing".” [Place the Y or I (yod) in front of this and you essentially have the Name, Y'hawah or I'hawah (the "h" being silent, i.e. awa (hey waw hey). Furthermore, I believe it more precisely means,"to breathe", i.e. I live!]

For he is not the 'Elohiym (Ruler) of the dead, but of the living: for all [who] live unto him.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 20 Aug 2005 10:14:21
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  08:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations in the name of our King, brothers and sisters:

Peace be unto the house.

Now, this is where it gets to be fun!

Kosmokrators (world rulers, Yahuwah’s adversaries) are the rulers of the dead because the only things they can create are dead things, things without Yahuwah’s breath of life; STATUTORILY created things, graven images (STATUES/STATUTES), things like PERSONS and CORPORATIONS.

Statue, n. [L., to set; that which is set or fixed.]

Statute, [L., to set.]

Once we die to the world, a civil death (destroy the graven image, the STATUTORILY created person), not a physical death, we become an unperson, one who can live to Yahuwah, the Living One. This is why it is written: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Yahuwah (y’awa; ee-aw-oo-aw) shall be delivered (Yahu’el [Joel] 2:32 and quoted twice in the New Covenant [Testament], Act 2:21 & Romans 10:13) This is why it is written: there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Why, because there is some magic in that name? No, because that name, means I live, it is our primary defense, and that is what one says when one calls on the name Yahuwah (ee-aw-oo-aw) I live! Why is it our salvation? Because what we stated here initially is Truth, the world rulers only have properly delegated authority over those things which they create, and we can assure everyone here that they did not create the living, breathing you.

This is why we are told that they fell back from Yahushua when he uttered the word y’awa to them, he said, I live! They knew that they did not have Lawful authority over the living, breathing man.

This is why the adversary wants to conceal that name!! Hence, any person(s) working to conceal this name and particularly its true meaning is either:

(a) Not enlightened. (Lack of knowledge)

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Yahuwah: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. or,

(b) He, she, or they are AGENTS for the adversary.

Yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Lord (Ba’al). or,

(Fear not little flock, for… it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.)

(c) Both.

The vast majority of us have, for virtually all our lives, stood surety for the dead things, the graven images, the likenesses created for us at birth by the world rulers (kosmokrators); in fact we have done it for so long, many actually believe it is they. It is time to start smashing their STATUES, and this is exactly what we are attempting to do here.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 21 Aug 2005 05:41:00
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  12:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correction to misquote:

quote:
This is why it is written: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Yahuwah (y’awa; ee-aw-oo-aw) shall be delivered (Yahu’el [Joel] 2:32 and quoted twice in the New Covenant [Testament], Act 2:21 & Romans 10:13) This is why it is written: there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That is "LORD" substituted into Yehovah; Strong's H#3068.
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2005 :  18:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An Old Farmer's Advice:
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  07:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations in the name of our King, brothers and sisters:

Peace be unto the house.

To finish up the thoughts of our next to the last post here...

Yahuwah (Founder of the commonwealth of Yisra'el) and His Principal Officer (President of the commonwealth of Yisra'el), Yahushua, are not respecters of persons...

For Yahuwah your ‘Elohiym (Ruler) is Ruler of rulers, and Lord of lords, a great Ruler, a mighty, and a awesome, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward

Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of Yahuwah in truth, neither carest thou for any: for thou regardest not the person of men. (Note: this is why they knew that Yahushua could not, and would not, pay tribute (enrolmenttax) unto [the] caesar, the personage of a man.)

…and conversely kosmokrator(s) (world ruler(s), an epithet of Satan [adversary]) have no regard for, i.e., are not the benefactors of, unpersons or nonpersons...

New World Dictionary of American English – Third College Edition
non per-son (nan’ per’ sen) n. UNPERSON; specif. one who is officially ignored by the government

un-per-son (un’per’sen) n. a person completely ignored, as if non-existent

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary & Thesaurus
Main Entry: non.per.son
Pronunciation: 'nän-'per-s[ê]n
Function: noun
Date: circa 1909 : a person who is regarded as nonexistent: as a : UNPERSON b : one having no social or legal status

Main Entry: un.per.son
Pronunciation: 'un-'per-s[ê]n, -"pêr-
Function: noun
Date: 1949 : an individual who usually for political or ideological reasons is removed completely from recognition or consideration

...which is the reason we find this in Black’s Law Dictionary.

Scope and delineation of term is necessary for determining those to whom Fourteenth Amendment of Constitution affords protection since this Amendment expressly applies toperson.” - Black’s Law Dictionary – Abridged Sixth Edition[Underlining and bolding added]

And here is why...

Homo vocabulum est naturae; persona juris civilisMan is a term of nature; person of civil law. Bouvier's Law Dictionary (1914), "Maxim," p. 2136.

Yahuwah is the Supreme Magistrate [Master] of the living (nonpersons) while world rulers are the supreme magistrates [masters] of the dead (persons); the very opposite of what it appears to be to the natural man.

He is not the Master of the dead, but the Master of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

And the kosmokrator(s) readily admit it!

Thus we read this in American Law and Procedure regarding the word person...

A person is here not a physical or individual person, but the status or condition with which he is invested...not an individual or physical person, but the status, condition or character borne (carried) by physical persons... The law of persons is the law of status or condition. – American Law and Procedure, Vol 13, page 137, 1910

Then the law of status or condition is what? It is the law of persons, it is being a respecter of persons, i.e., it is the law that regardeth the person of men.

How does one go about changing his status or condition? The 1st step is know the truth, the 2nd step is to renew your thinking, and the 3rd step is to make your walk match your talk…

(1) If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

(2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of Yahuwah.

(3) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. …But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

…and the final step will be…

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 22 Aug 2005 06:10:18
Go to Top of Page

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  14:26:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid."

Edited by - Manuel on 21 Aug 2005 14:26:50
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  08:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations brothers and sisters:

Peace be unto the house.

We have recently made what we perceive to be a very simple and yet perhaps important discovery; James Strong’s Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary demonstrates both the Hebrew and the Chaldee. Imagine that! Why is this important? The “Yeh” appears to be Chaldean, while the “Yah” is Hebraic!! But unfortunately, Dr Strong does not apparently always notify us of this subtle difference. However, from the times that he does (too numerous to list them all), we can see that this appears to be a correct analysis.

Here are just a few examples:
The Hebrew word yadah, pronounced yaw-daw’ is yeda, pronounced yed-aw, in the Chaldee; Hebrew yahab (yaw-hab') is yehab (yeh-hab') in Chaldean; Hebrew yatab (yaw-tab') is yetab (yet-ab') in the Chaldee; Hebrew yakol (yaw-kole') is yekiyl (yek-ale') in Chaldean; Hebrew yasaph (yaw-saf') [Joseph] is the Chaldee word yesaph (yes-af')…and on and on it goes, where it stops no one knows.

This may be why there appears to be a controversy in Strong’s Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary between the short name of the Creator, i.e. Yahh (H3050 yod, hey), pronounced yaw, which is shown to us in the Hebrew, and the first syllable of the complete name (H3068 yod, hey, waw, hey) which Dr Strong shows to be pronounced yeh (in Chaldean?). In the Hebrew the first syllable is Yah, but in Chaldean it is Yeh. But, as we have before stated in this forum, the meanings of names, far and away, outweigh the value of the pronunciations.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 17 Sep 2005 09:46:41
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  21:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For whatever it is worth:

"Thus, we do not know how the four-letter name was pronounced, but we do know that it was NOT pronounced Yehova, Yehowa, or Jehovah." - http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/2003-September/016363.html

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 21 Sep 2005 22:01:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000