Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2005 :  20:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneisraelite

Greetings and salutations in the name of the King, Steven:

Peace be unto the house.

Though we agree that the Kingdom has yet to be fully manifested, you seem to be of the opinion that it doesn't even exist [and for those who only believe in the governments of the creature [man] it doesn’t]. Is this correct reasoning on our part?

Yasha’yahu [Isaiah] 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of Dawid, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Yahowah of hosts will perform this.

Henceforth; minney attah, from this time

HENCEFORTH, adv. hens'forth. From this time forward.

When was that written? Was it before our beloved Dani’el, or after?

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.

Isaiah wrote that during the reign of Hezekiah. You are aware that the David's kingdom was dismantled and the people sent to Babylon as punishment. Concerning the Kingdom I am of the opinion that the Moshiach ben David has not come. You will know when he comes by the fulfillment of these scriptures:

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. (Isaiah 2:4)

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together . and the sucking child shall play on the hole of the cobra . (Isaiah 11:6-8)

. . for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of YHWH, as the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah 11:9)

No longer shall one teach his neighbor or shall one teach his brother, saying, “Know YHWH,” for they shall all know Me, from their smallest to their greatest,” says YHWH . . . . (Jeremiah 31:33)

These are just a few.

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 02 Jan 2005 20:51:32
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2005 :  21:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Marty,
You said:

quote:
Questions:

1. Has Yahweh put it in your heart, Steven, to promote the kingdom of the beast?

Steve: I am not promoting the kingdom of the beast. I am pointing out that it will be here until Daniel 12:1 and until the Moshiach ben David comes. Plain and simple. I have many scriptures to back this up.

quote:
2. Do you recommend that we promote the kingdom of the beast?

Steve: No. They are doing a fine job on their own, per YHWH's instructions. They have their set time to perform their duty.

quote:
3. Should you encourage your children to....

..........a.)promote the kingdom of the beast or

......... b.) to withdraw from the kingdom of the beast and promote the Kingdom of Yahweh?

Steve: You and I will not agree on what it means to withdraw from the kingdom of the beast. If you are going to say the SS# is the MARK, I will show you by the same standards that the FRN qualifies even more. This is why I feel dismayed over the whole situation. It is very difficult to live with out the FRN. I would take nothing short of a regathering to overcome the FRN, which is what the scriptures seem to say will happen... in the promised land sworn to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. If you look at the dimensions given in both Torah and Ezekiel, it is easy to see that America is not what is being described.

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 02 Jan 2005 21:37:58
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2005 :  01:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cornerstone Foundation asked these three questions to Steven:

Questions:

1. Has Yahweh put it in your heart, Steven, to promote the kingdom of the beast?

Steve replied: I am not promoting the kingdom of the beast. I am pointing out that it will be here until Daniel 12:1 and until the Moshiach ben David comes. Plain and simple. I have many scriptures to back this up.

It seems to us that your answer to question number 1 is No.

2. Do you recommend that we promote the kingdom of the beast?

Steven replied: No. They are doing a fine job on their own, per YHWH's instructions. They have their set time to perform their duty.

You answered question number 2, No. Thank you

3. Should you encourage your children to....

..........a.)promote the kingdom of the beast or

......... b.) to withdraw from the kingdom of the beast and promote the Kingdom of Yahweh?

Steven replied: You and I will not agree on what it means to withdraw from the kingdom of the beast. If you are going to say the SS# is the MARK, I will show you by the same standards that the FRN qualifies even more. This is why I feel dismayed over the whole situation. It is very difficult to live with out the FRN. I would take nothing short of a regathering to overcome the FRN, which is what the scriptures seem to say will happen... in the promised land sworn to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. If you look at the dimensions given in both Torah and Ezekiel, it is easy to see that America is not what is being described.

Peace,

Steve

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

Your reply to question number three is Non-responsive. Please answer the question if you care to. If you would rather not answer here...we respect your privacy...but...please think about what your answer is .... and .... what the consequences of your decision are.

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 03 Jan 2005 01:55:03
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2005 :  09:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I would take nothing short of a regathering to overcome the FRN, which is what the scriptures seem to say will happen... in the promised land sworn to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Some profane articles seem to agree:

Honest Money - Part VIII: Final Summary & Conclusions by Douglas V. Gnazzo http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/gnazzo/2004/part8.html

Financial Sense Online - Market Wrap Up with Tony Allison http://www.financialsense.com/Market/allison/2004/1217.html

Peak Oil Economics & Money - What Underwrites our Dollar? by David Ford http://www.321gold.com/editorials/ford/ford122004.html

Economic Heroin
http://www.a1-guide-to-gold-investments.com/economic-heroin.html

Edited by - David Merrill on 03 Jan 2005 09:45:11
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2005 :  22:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marty,
Of course I would promote that my children live in the kind of world defined by the Messianic prophecies. Who would not want to live in a world where the weapons are turned to plowshares, etc (minus the Torah statutes which allow for the selling of my daughters for a set amount of sheckles). However, I 'speculate' you are asking the question based on your understanding of the Kingdom and I have a feeling we might not agree since I don't find Christ, as he is painted in the NT, to be the Moshiach ben David defined in the Tanakh. I hope that answers the question to your satisfaction.

David,
Thanks for the links! I will check them out.

Peace to all,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 04 Jan 2005 13:33:21
Go to Top of Page

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  14:30:36  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I sent this to Jim Searcy. Jim has a Yahoo Group I subscribed to for awhile. He is the only one that can post to his list and he always uses the pagan names to describe the Father and Son. Please remember, I use “J” when I write the Father and Son’s Name because it looks more like a Yod (finger pointing) than a “Y” and that I use it to reach the Yah sound as in hallelujah; not the hard “J” sound:

Jim: I noticed that you always get your name right, but, you never get the heavenly Father’s correct. You keep calling Him the name of a Babylonian deity; G-o-d. Aren’t you trying to come out of Babylon?

I’ve also noticed that you have started calling Jahuwah’s Son Yeshua. Jim, I shouldn’t have to be telling you that is the Hebrew word for salvation. The Son’s name is not merely “Salvation,” it is “Jah is salvation” or, “Jah is my salvation,” or, “Jah is our salvation;” a complete sentence derived from the meaning of each of the Hebrew letters comprising His Name. [Now, I have some additional thoughts on this. The word salvation by itself is a common noun; or, in some usages, I believe it could even be an adverb. Why would the Father name His Son a common noun or adverb and then say that it is the Name above every name;? I think the answer is that He wouldn’t and He didn’t. I did some internet research on this and most of the writers I look at agreed that Yeshua was a contracted version of Yehoshuah; Moses’ successor Joshua’s Hebrew name. I checked dictionary.com for the definition of contracted; it meant, “To reduce in size by drawing together; shrink. To pull together; wrinkle.” In light of the fact that we’re not supposed to neither add to nor take away from Jah’s Word, under severe penalty, why would anyone want to “shrink” or “wrinkle” the Son’s Name?! Anyway, continuing what I wrote Jim]:

There is a group the Father Jahuwah and I would like you to join. This group is described in Malachi 3:16:
quote:
16Then those who feared Jahuwah talked often one to another; and Jahuwah listened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him of those who reverenced and worshipfully feared Jahuwah and who thought on His name.
As you can see, the only way into the group is by thinking upon His name. I can tell by the fact that you are still calling the Father by a pagan name that you have not been “thinking upon His name.” As one who has been doing this, I can tell you there is a lot to think about when it comes to the Father’s Name.

Here is a revelation I was given yesterday. Listen to what the man born blind heard Jahshuwah say while He was standing in his immediate proximity in John 9:
quote:
2 His disciples asked Him, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?

3 Jahshuwah answered, It was not that this man or his parents sinned, but he was born blind in order that the workings of Jahuwah should be manifested (displayed and illustrated) in him.

4 We must work the works of Him Who sent Me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; night is coming on, when no man can work.

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the world's Light.
TThen, as you recall:
quote:
6 When He had said this, He spat on the ground and made clay (mud) with His saliva, and He spread it [as ointment] on the man's eyes.

7 And He said to him, Go, wash in the Pool of Siloam--which means Sent. So he went and washed, and came back seeing
Here is the man’s explanation as to how he received his sight:
quote:
11 He replied, The Man called Jahshuwah made mud and smeared it on my eyes and said to me, Go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and I obtained my sight!
Review verses 2-5 above again. Notice that there is no reference to Jahshuwah’s Name there. How did the blind man know Jahshuwah’s Name? The fact that he called Him by His Name in his explanation as to how he received his sight, was saying a mouthful. He was saying, Jah, the Heavenly Father, is my salvation, and He told me what to do and I did it; look at the result. The fact that he went, found the pool and washed while he had mud in his eyes and was blind to boot, to me means that doing what Jahshuwah told him to do was very important to and meaningful to him that it was worth whatever effort it took this blind man to accomplish what Jahshuwah told him.

Now, watch how much he believes that Jah is his salvation:
quote:
13 Then they conducted to the Pharisees the man who had formerly been blind.

15 So now again the Pharisees asked him how he received his sight. And he said to them, He smeared mud on my eyes, and I washed, and now I see.

16 Then some of the Pharisees said, This Man is not from God {pagan name left in because the Pharisees weren’t using the Father’s Name; they were concealing it}, because He does not observe the Sabbath. But others said, How can a man who is a sinner (a bad man) do such signs and miracles? So there was a difference of opinion among them.

17 Accordingly they said to the blind man again, What do you say about Him, seeing that He opened your eyes? And he said, He is a prophet!

After this blind man, a Hebrew, with enough of a Hebrew background that his parents did not want to be expelled from the synagogue (see v. 22), who, by Jahshuwah’s own explanation, is not blind because of his or his parents sin and meaning that he is a keeper of the Torah, has heard Jahshuwah’s Words; Words that he believed enough to act on and see the results to; and, he has heard Jahshuwah himself say that He must do “the workings of Jahuwah” and that He was “the world's Light;” must have said more than that He is “a” prophet, but instead, in all likelihood said, that He was “the” prophet prophesied about by Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 15:
quote:
15 Jahuwah your Mighty Creator will raise up for you a prophet from the midst of your brethren like me; to him you shall listen.
In fact, in the new book I just received entitled The Hebrew Yeshua vs. The Greek Jesus authored by Nehemia Gordon; a Jew who is skilled in ancient Hebrew, modern Hebrew and Greek; who worked on the Dead Sea Scrolls project; that is not born again; talks about issues in the Hebrew like this phrase “a prophet.” On page 39 of his book he makes reference to Hebrew word puns. He defines these word puns as, “…a play on words that builds on similar sounding Hebrew roots used multiple times with different meanings.” He says, on that same page, “They are a common feature of the Tanach and form an integral part of Hebrew story-telling.” On page 40 of his book he says, “Word puns such as these are extremely common and can be found on nearly every page of the Hebrew Scriptures.” He points out that some times these word puns consist of the exact same Hebrew word having a different meaning each time the word is used. What I learned about these word puns causes me to believe that the former blind man was “punning” the Pharisees when he called Jahshuwah “a prophet.” He was making reference to Deuteronomy 18:15 and these Pharisees all knew it!

After all, he did listen to Him and did what Jahshuwah said to do.
quote:
18 However, the Jews did not believe that he had [really] been blind and that he had received his sight until they called (summoned) the parents of the man.
A tactic used to keep from believing, even today.
quote:
19 They asked them, Is this your son, whom you reported as having been born blind? How then does he see now?

20 His parents answered, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind.

21 But as to how he can now see, we do not know; or who has opened his eyes, we do not know. He is of age. Ask him; let him speak for himself and give his own account of it.

22 His parents said this because they feared [the leaders of] the Jews; for the Jews had already agreed that if anyone should acknowledge Jahshuwah to be The Anointed One, he should be expelled and excluded from the synagogue.

23 On that account his parents said, He is of age; ask him.

24 So the second time they summoned the man who had been born blind, and said to him, Now give God {pagan name left in because the Pharisees were name concealers} the glory (praise). This [a]Fellow we know is only a sinner (a wicked person).

25 Then he answered, I do not know whether He is a sinner and wicked or not. But one thing I do know, that whereas I was blind before, now I see.

26 So they said to him, What did He [actually] do to you? How did He open your eyes?

27 He answered, I already told you and you would not listen.

Listen to him! Doesn’t he sound just like the Master in John 8?
quote:
43 Why do you misunderstand what I say? It is because you are unable to hear what I am saying.
John 9:27b:
quote:
Why do you want to hear it again? Can it be that you wish to become His disciples also?
This former blind man already counts himself among Jahshuwah’s disciples!
quote:
28 And they stormed at him [they jeered, they sneered, they reviled him] and retorted, You are His disciple yourself, but we are the disciples of Moses.

29 We know for certain that God {pagan name left in because the Pharisees were name concealers} spoke with Moses, but as for this Fellow, we know nothing about where He hails from.

These dingbat Pharisees needed to ask themselves, how did they know that Jahuwah spoke with Moses? The answer to the question is, by the signs and wonders he was intimately involved in and foretold. They should have also been asking themselves, do we know where Moses came from?
quote:
30 The man replied, Well, this is astonishing! Here a Man has opened my eyes, and yet you do not know where He comes from. [That is amazing!)
It gives me a warm feeling to see this Torah observant, former blind man is willing to get in their face and mock them in a loving sort of way. It’s easy to see that he sees the idiocy of their whole approach and is not concerned about what they can do to his body because after that there remains nothing more they can do. He is more concerned about truth than what being kicked out of their club will mean to his reputation.
quote:
31 We know that Jahuwah does not listen to sinners; but if anyone is Jah-fearing and a worshiper of Him and does His will, He listens to him.

32 Since the beginning of time it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a man born blind.

33 If this Man were not from Jahuwah, He would not be able to do anything like this.

My sentiments exactly! Why would these Pharisees refuse to apply the same standard to Jahshuwah that they applied to Moses? That being, since he does signs and wonders, he must be working with Jahuwah. To me what is said above is proof that the blind man paid attention to and believed what Jahshuwah said when he said that He must do “the workings of Jahuwah.” What’s up with these Pharisees? What is incorrect about this blind man’s teaching?
quote:
34 They retorted, You were wholly born in sin [from head to foot]; and do you [presume to] teach us? So they cast him out [threw him clear outside the synagogue].
Wow, two completely different and diametrically opposed assessments regarding this former blind man’s sin; the Pharisees assessment that he was born in sin from head to foot versus Jahshuwah’s assessment that he was not blind because of his own sin or his parents sin. Judges today sit on the bench and act this exact same way. A pro se/pro per can be exactly and completely right and the judge will say either overtly or covertly, who is this whippersnapper that has never been to law school, that should try and teach me anything? Neither one of them care about the truth.
quote:
35 Jahshuwah heard that they had put him out, and meeting him He said, Do you believe in and adhere to the Son of Man or the Son of Jahuwah?

36 He answered, Who is He, Sir? Tell me, that I may believe in and adhere to Him.

Keep in mind, the former blind man has never actually “seen” Jahshuwah. The last time he was in His presence he was blind and had mud smeared in his eyes. He had only “heard” him and felt him.
quote:
37 Jahshuwah said to him, You have seen Him; [in fact] He is talking to you right now.
“Seen” here is Strong’s #3708 meaning “of mental perception,” “of taking heed,” “to look away from one thing so as to see another,” and “used of one witnessing as a spectator.” This same word is used in John 14:9, “Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father.” There were many people that “saw” Jahshuwah with their eyes, but, they didn’t really understand what it was that they were “seeing.” Like Jahshuwah said in Matthew 13:15:
quote:
For this nation's heart has grown gross (fat and dull), and their ears heavy and difficult of hearing, and their eyes they have tightly closed, lest they see and perceive with their eyes, and hear and comprehend the sense with their ears, and grasp and understand with their heart, and turn and I should heal them.
What Jahshuwah is telling the former blind man in v. 37 is, you have witnessed Me as a spectator and you grasped and understood in your heart the meaning of what you saw and you were healed as a result.
quote:
38 He called out, Lord, I believe! [I rely on, I trust, I cleave to You!] And he worshiped Him.
This “Lord” is Stong’s #2962 meaning the possessor, owner or master over property; master of something and having absolute authority over it; the honorary title of address to a superior. This former blind man now belonged to Jahshuwah. See John 8:47, “Whoever is of Jahuwah listens to Jahuwah. [Those who belong to Jahuwah hear the words of Jahuwah.] This is the reason that you do not listen [to those words, to Me]: because you do not belong to Jahuwah and are not of Jahuwah or in harmony with Him.” If you use pagan name to describe the Father or the Son it is questionable whether you belong to Him; it is also an indication that you are out of harmony with Him.
quote:
39 Then Jahshuwah said, I came into this world for judgment [as a Separator, in order that there may be separation between those who believe on Me and those who reject Me], to make the sightless see and to make those who see become blind.
In Matthew 14 I show you a similar example:
quote:
25 And in the fourth watch [between 3:00--6:00 a.m.] of the night, Jahshuwah came to them, walking on the sea.

26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified and said, It is a ghost! And they screamed out with fright.

27 But instantly He spoke to them, saying, Take courage! I AM! Stop being afraid!

28 And Peter answered Him, Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.

29 He said, Come! So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water, and he came toward Jahshuwah.

Peter had enough of his wits about him to at least ask, “…if it is You…” Well duh, who else would come walking on water? What if it wasn’t Him, and he still commanded you to come; what then? I guess you’d find out it wasn’t Him, as you were stepping off the boat and sinking.

I said all of what is above to give you my revelation from yesterday; it is this:
quote:
If you believe who Jahshuwah is, you’ll do what He says!
Now, 2 Peter 3:2 says that we, "...should recall the predictions of the consecrated and dedicated prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior [given] through [His] apostles." For the purposes of this revelation, what this transfers and translates to is, if we believe who Jahshuwah is, we will do what His messengers say. Isn’t that what basically what Jahshuwah was saying in John 14:24 when he said, “…the teaching which you hear and heed is not Mine, but [comes] from the Father Who sent Me.” Malachi 3:16 says that there is a record made of those who think upon His Name. Then, if we believe who He is, we will think upon His Name. In John 17:6 Jahshuwah says, “I have manifested Your Name…” and in John 17:26 Jahshuwah says, “I have made Your Name known to them…” In John 12:26 Jahshuwah commands, “If anyone serves Me, he must continue to follow Me and to cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying and wherever I am, there will My servant be also. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.” Part of the example Jahshuwah gave us to follow is to reveal the Father’s Name. If you believe who Jahshuwah is, you will follow his example, and reveal the Father’s Name as well.

Now, the inverse is also true. If we find someone who is not following Jahshuwah’s example and revealing the Father’s Name, they must not really believe who Jahshuwah is.

This brings us to the question; do you really believe who Jahshuwah is?
Go to Top of Page

Exile

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2005 :  05:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanielJacob

Greetings brother oneisraelite;

Thank you for your persistence and patience with me. I want to thank you for the intercourse that we have had and your obvious conviction to our Father. I have decided that I need to research this matter more. I seek only the Truth and sometimes, because of our former upbringings, we are resistant to admit that we may be in error or that are view is not necessarily the right one. I have selected the below pages and articles, to begin my quest to reconcile this matter for me.

http://www.7times.org/newsletter/godsname2.shtm

I am sure that these are just a few that I will eventually end up reading. Perhaps we will continue this intercourse again. My head is reeling, and quite frankly I am at a loss for further words at this time.

May our Father and His Glorious Son be with you at all times.

Hello DanielJacob,
Just wanted to thank you for listing one of the articles on our site.!
I hope your studies are going well, however, I need to mention that the link above is incorrect. For you and any others who may have tried to read the article, you need to add an 'l' to the end of the file name.

http://www.7times.org/newsletter/godsname2.shtml

Hope this helps as you study about God's Name.

God Bless, and if we can be of further service to you, just drop a Letter to the Editor while you are on our site.

Exile
Webmaster at 7times.org

Exile

Edited by - Exile on 08 Feb 2005 05:30:05
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2005 :  06:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Exile:
Peace be unto the house.
quote:
From Seven Times eNewsletter: “The word Elohim, being plural, conveys the thought of "plurality of majesty" and "the sum of the Divine powers."

We perceive that this is correct and that the definition of ‘Elohiym is found in the Scripture at Yasha’yahu [Isaiah] 33:22 Yahuwah is our Judge, Yahuwah is our Lawgiver, Yahuwah is our King, He is our Saviour.
quote:
Thankful, Abraham "planted a grove [of trees, not an "asherah"] in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD [Jehovah], the everlasting GOD [The Divine definition of Jehovah; Hebrew: Olam, for duration, secret and hidden from man]." [Emphasis mine]

We beg to differ!! GOD is not "The Divine definition of Jehovah"; it is the word 'Elohiym, which is the "Title" of Yahuwah [Jehovah], the number one meaning of which, from Brown-Driver-Briggs', is "rulers"!!
And, we cannot find in any source, where the Hebrew word olam was ever defined “secret and hidden from man”; and to further expose this deception, neither was it apparently ever translated in any such vein in the entire Book of Scripture.
Here for the edification of the body politic (body of anointed) is Brown-Driver-Briggs’ Hebrew Lexicon’s definitions of olam: 1) long duration, antiquity, futurity, for ever, ever, everlasting, evermore, perpetual, old, ancient, world; 1a) ancient time, long time (of past); 1b) (of future); 1b1) for ever, always; 1b2) continuous existence, perpetual; 1b3) everlasting, indefinite or unending future, eternity and here is the list, from Strong’s concordance, of the ways it was translated: always (-s), ancient (time), any more, continuance, eternal, (for, [n-]) ever (-lasting, -more, of old), lasting, long (time), (of) old (time), perpetual, at any time, (beginning of the) world (+ without end). Anytime one uses sophistry (reasoning sound in appearance only) to substantiate their doctrine we become very distrustful of that person.
quote:
"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: And he was the priest of the MOST HIGH GOD [Hebrew: El Elyon].
"And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the MOST HIGH GOD, possessor of heaven and earth:
"And blessed be the MOST HIGH GOD, which hath delivered thine enemies into thine hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
"And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.
"And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the MOST HIGH GOD, the possessor of heaven and earth..."

Actually, it is ’elyon ‘el, and not ‘el ‘eloyon; and in the last verse you quote “the Lord” when “the LORD” would have been a more honest portrayal since that all capital LORD shows that when Abram made his vow he “lifted up his hand to Yahuwah [JEHOVAH], the eloyon ‘el (most high ‘el [chief]), creator/owner of heaven and earth…”
As an example we must understand that Franklin Delano: ROOSEVELT had several titles, president (high priest), commander-in-chief (lord of hosts) and supreme magistrate (most high god/'elyon 'el); and if one of his own called him “MR. PRESIDENT”, he might indeed answer (but so might every other PRESIDENT within earshot, since it is a common name); however had he signed any documents with nothing but one of these titles, they would have been invalid; a proper, or peculiar, name was necessary to make this lawful.
A Lawful seal contains three ingredients, (1) proper name, (2) title (common name) and (3) territory; this is found intact at Exodus 20, verses 10 and 11, (1) Yahuwah (proper name), (2) thy ‘Elohiym [God] (title: Ruler) and (3) heaven, the earth and the sea (territory).
quote:
A name merely means, "A word or a phrase that constitutes the distinctive designation of a person or a thing," or, a word that conveys meaning, designation, character, nature, identity, and understanding about that person or thing.[Emphasis mine]

Again, the word "merely" is extemely deceptive!!
NAME, n. 1. That by which a thing is called; the sound or combination of sounds used to express an idea, or any material substance, quality or act; an appellation attached to a thing by customary use, by which it may be vocally distinguished from other things. A name may be attached to an individual only, and is then proper or appropriate, as John, Thomas, London, Paris; or it may be attached to a species, genus, or class of things, as sheep, goat, horse, tree, animal, which are called common names, specific or generic. 2. The letters or characters written or engraved, expressing the sounds by which a person or thing is known and distinguished. 3. A person. 4. Reputation; character; that which is commonly said of a person; as a good name; a bad name. 5. Renown; fame; honor; celebrity; eminence; praise; distinction. 6. Remembrance; memory. The Lord shall blot out his name from under heaven. Deu 29.
Is this what someone has tried, and perhaps is trying, to do to the name above all names? The maxim of law is: Nomina si nescis perit cognitio rerum. If you know not the names of things, the knowledge of things themselves perishes . Co. Litt. 86.
Is this what Yahuwah alluded to in these verses of His inspired Scripture:
How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal. (Baal = “lord” – BDB) How can one continue to defend calling Yahuwah, “the LORD” after that expose'? but let us now continue with the definitions of "name".
7. Appearance only; sound only; not reality; as a friend in name. Rev 3. 8. Authority; behalf; part; as in the name of the people. When a man speaks or acts in the name of another, he does it by their authority or in their behalf, as their representative. 9. Assumed character of another. Had forged a treason in my patrons name. 10. In Scripture, the name of God signifies his titles, his attributes, his will or purpose,, his honor and glory, his word, his grace, his wisdom, power and goodness, his worship or service, or God himself. 11. Issue; posterity that preserves the name. Deu 25. 12. In grammar, a noun. To call names, to apply opprobrious names; to call by reproachful appellations. To take the name of God in vain, to swear falsely or profanely,, or to use the name of God with levity or contempt. Exo 20. To know by name, to honor by a particular friendship or familiarity. Exo 33. Christian name, the name a person receives by baptism, as distinguished from surname.
Let us now combine definition #8 and an example in #12; when one comes in the name of Yahuwah, one comes in His authority, i.e. he is an Embassador (Angel/Messenger), and if he doesn't come saying the Words his Master gave him to say, what the Embassador says will not come to pass, and he is at that point taking his Master's name in vain, and will not be held guiltless (3rd Commandment).
This is but the tip of the iceberg but perhaps we can see that it is through the use of feigned words and deceptive names that kosmokrator has deceived the whole world.
Again, it never ceases to amaze us, just how inflated out egos truly are, we start many topics and write countless pages explaining how important our own "proper name" is, but when it comes to the Creator and His Principal Officer, some of these very same people will exclaim, "Oh, it don't matter what we call him"; how typical, and how truly sad it is.

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 13 Feb 2005 08:17:59
Go to Top of Page

hiddentruth

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  00:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shalom and peace be unto you from YAUHU
YAUHU means HE is YAH Prounounced YOW first syllable as in ouch
I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to say or how i was going to say it.
First of all I would like to start out by saying that the things of the father are not understood by fleshly beings
Secondly I would like to state that the tetregramatron is revealed in the saviors name
Thirdly I would like to say it is very important to realize that when Messiah came as KING of his poeple there were a group of followers during that time that are recorded in scrolls ommitted by the catholic church later called the Essenes.
Fourthly you would think since they didn't like most people (this forum is a great example) make something so complicated that is so simple undecernable Jerimiah 8:8
Jer 8:8
How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
This clearly tells me we have no Scholars and until we stop thinking like omnicient beings we will never be revealed the true meanings and blessings of the father
Mainly your problem was my problem till I really read this verse
Messiah warned us of this
Mt 12:29
Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

In other words what happened in Jerimiah had happened way before his arrival thankfully poeple like the Essenes (a type Hebrew monks) were around to show us how to decipher that which we MUST know.
Fifthly and most importantly the fathers name is YAH it has been since the dawn of man this will not change people that knew him called him this people like David
Ps 68:4
Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

and the Hebrews after diliverance the reason that this is not so easily found is because the english tounge is one of confusion they use the word JAH to tranliterate which properly done there would be no J it would be an I as we have in the king james 1611 edition
People that serve the father as a servant as was told by Messiah can also refer to him as Abba English or Abu in Hebrew and still be accepted as long as they know the name that matters most to us in heaven and in earth.
Knowing this is not too hard if one deciphers the way the old teachers did awaiting the glorious day when the father would send to us a deliverer that would set everything straight and begin to establish a holy kingdom (right here before your very eyes that we have to day) IT is truely finished and for thatt we must thank our father for his wonderful gift his son to mediate on our behalf that being said i would like to ask holy spirit to guide us in this revelation.
We have languages like many other things that can be perverted by us(man)
One thing languages are notorius for is poluting the authenticity of its credibility
A very good example of this is SLANG
we use JARGON for things such as diciphering the holy scriptures which most people would think improperly called.
Jargon in fact is Technical terminology is the specialised vocabulary of a profession or of some other activity to which a group of people dedicate significant parts of their lives (for instance, hobbies). Sometimes technical terminology is termed jargon
Our Jargon has mixed with slang over a long period of peoples hands in the holy scriptures
a very good example that you can find is the Hebrews in the english bibles say that some place is Baal ect... there is no way a hebrew would call the father BAAL man might have called a place that after religions meshed but i doubt someone like Noah Abraham the "Righteous" Isaac Isreal "the blessed" Moses ect... you get the idea.
Not only has it allowed things that are not holy in them it has allowed sacred names to be hidden

A very good example of this is you will see the term LORD where the HOLY tetragrammatron YHWY should be
We may not know how to pronounce the proper way to say it but we do know the name
Yahushua is the name
Yauhu is the title given to many it means "He is YAH"
Ya Hu shu(W) Ha Yod He Waw He pronounced Ya as in ah Hu shoe (W sound) Ha
look very carefully please at what i just wrote
THERE is NO possible way this name can be corrupted
why because the sounds are here all of them every one
it is very clear that in revelation the name written upon us will be this one it is also very clear that the tetragrammatron is revealed
This name is revealed in recent times only by that of the holy spirit
One thing that the Essenes practiced was keeping the Tanak in archaic hebrew format
Once the Messiah was here most poeple still SPOKE archaic hebrew so Messiah taught us likewise this way
If you ever wonder were all those people came from that followed Messiah just look at some of the books omitted and you will find the Essenes faithfully waiting for someone to put an end to the abomination Judaism (the biggest cult in the world) which is improperly translated as well. to be a HEBREW was the most significant thing it was HEBREWS that were delivered from egypt not JUDAH"S tribe only
It was HEBREWS that recieved the full blessings that came to them through obeidience not JUDAH'S tribe only
The Essenes observed every letter of the law they just did not pervert it
there is a passage in the holy scriptures that says i will give my people a pure tounge
Zephiniah 3:9For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the YHVH, to serve him with one consent.
This pure language spoken here started with the holy name movement that Messiah talked about when he arrived and the one we as a "body" thanks be to him and that father have recently uncovered more truths and "knowledge did truely abound"
now its been revealed through careful study to be that of none other then the original tongue given to the Hebrew people
Paleo not the picture type archaic hebrew:
Takes the vowels back out takes all the misunderstandings back out takes you back to your roots (makes you think like a nomad who knew the name of the father and gave this language to them) where the holy spirit can really start to show you understandings of only things you dreamed of.
The reason we dont refer to pictures in hebrew scrolls is we are commanded not to worship any beast or thing ever. Paleo picture hebrew are symbols most likely the result of Hebrew and Phonecian decent meshing religions therefore not staying PURE (most poeple forget HEBREW was a spoken language not always a written one (the righteous walk by faith not by sight) it was customary to pass the ways of the father by word of mouth things didnt get actually written down by the letter till Mehushuah's day aka mose's.
It is great that we have the text don't get me wrong but back then with the way the Hebrews went to Caanan to get brides they had thier own theology (Akkadian) therefore causing devision in houses. We all know that a house devided can't stand.
If one is not careful the Akkadian religion looks Like the modern Hebrew faith known as christianity they used the same names for "god" aka Gad prounounced gimmel aleph dalet aleph is pronounced ahhh Baal Bel Lord Master Owner
El was the "Most High" in the akadian religion another name we commonly refer to as the father and we get the word Elohim (which if you look very carefully the Hebrew considered a pagan word)
Many of the patriarch's wifes had idols for some unknown reason most likely because of the Caananite's beliefs system
again as kids grew up patrairchs died ( It's speculation but not far from the truth if anything that children grew up as scribes continued in these thinking they recieved some revelation from thier "gods" which would make sense since they started referring to the father as such and I'm sure those spirits began to answer whole heartedly)
De 4:25
When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD thy God, to provoke him to anger:

This is seen very easily by how they raised a golden Calf to worship after being delivered out of Egypt. Also if you look very carefully the pictorgraph hebrew the word Ul or El is that of a oxen and shepard staff Aleph Lamed OX hmmm calf?
IDOL worship was in thier heritage they kept trying to make idols because they always worshiped them the father said he didnt want a graven image made of him EVER
De 5:8
Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Moses knew thier intentions too probably revealed by the father which is why he is telling them exactly what they were going to do and according to the history of the bible DID do
The early hebrews didn't listen too well because they wanted an image to worship and give thanks for thier many blessings ( you can see this by the above post De 4:25 the father knew what they were going to do and what was in thier hearts because unlike us he is omiscient)
So again we have to go to the pureness of things
we have to look at the ROOTS
to keep PURE
Archaic Hebrew isnt as hard to learn as most other languages names will change here and there some of the modern Hebrew meanings mostly because the modern hebrew meanings have evolved like every other language man has tried to introduce as a way of communication
The father is not the author of confusion
Something that may really astound you in great lengths is this
He did allow confusion and installed it in our language system
Genesis11: 9Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the YHWH did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the YHWH scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
the word we really need to look at here is CONFOUND 1101 balal { baw-lal’}
1) to mix, mingle, confuse, confound
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to mingle, confuse
1a2) to mix
1a3) to give provender, feed (animals)
1b) (Hithpoel) to mix oneself (among others)
1c) (Hiphil) to fade away

NOTICE: it does not say he changed them but confused them i dont know why they used CONFOUND when they should have just said confused
this is a teaching that many dont understand today
WE ALL STILL SPEAK A COMMON LANGUAGE WE ARE JUST CONFUSED AS TO WHAT WE SAY ANYMORE
its a matter of sound sharing that gives it away
we all share the same sounds in our languages thats why we can't truely transliterate from language to language (any linguistic will tell you its simply an educated guess and requires the "translaters" interpretation of context)
This was something that was done by Yauhu our Ul (supreme being / creator) so it cannot be undone by man
Only through the Holy spirit can you understand something that your not suppose to
As for not suppose to being able to figure it out Messiah said that which is hidden SHALL be revealed UNTO YOU.
He also said ask and you shall recieve Moses also said this.
De 4:29
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
therefore many scriptures establish we all CAN know if we truely wish to by asking.
Another way to look up this fact is look how many times you see tongue in a bible or language or speach you will see its more commonly a warning how wicked and decietful it is.
You can critique this all you like I'm firm in my faith we use the same language we always have (It's my opinion that it was archaic hebrew It could have been a different language just so we are clear) we just dont have a universal understanding I believe that language was paleo archaic hebrew its purest form and I believe that it was the language we will find all our answers when studying the holy scriptures and since it will put us in the best mind frame of all the men the father had direct dealings with.
The thing to keep in mind
is that even when studying this language we may never know the correct pronounciation or spelling that doesn't mean its not authentic or that our efforts are in vain. The father knows our hearts and he also knows what he's done so holding us responsible for technicalities we may never be able to iron out in our lifetime (unless it's truely his will) doesn't mean we are damned.
We are not changing his name if we use one he has revealed to us as original.
For those of you out there that say we have to be emersed in "The Name" there is a such thing called a covering which Messiah does do for us even this day we are COVERED in his name upon faith baptism I know what your going to say king james said this kjv said that well get a clue when saying this KING JAMES was an avid non repentant sinner having affiars with his neighbors wife and some speculate homosexual sinner he just wanted the book translated because it was causing trouble in "his" kingdom. Another thing to keep in mind is this James is a title of a Hebrew in the bible which cannot be James means James its an English name its not transliterated like most claim from Hebrew his name was Yachohov or Jacob so tell me why this is if your so worried about straining at a gnat and swollowing a camel. I have been soul searching my whole life to find this name and I will either discover it or die trying (upon dying i am in full faith that the son will claim me before the father therefore redeeming me on the day of judgement) right now i stand by what Messiah said about knowldege
Mt 7:2
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again

in fact we won't know his new name until its written for us by him in "The revelation 2 verse 17"
17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
What name is this you say?
Why the tetragrammatron being revealed to us in its purest tounge of archaic hebrew by one who owns it most likely spelled out for us folk with correct pronounciation.
When you say?
Again most likely when you meet the requirements to recieve it in this verse which according to my studies say this happened to people that were still alive not After the second coming.
This is the first post I ever made on this board I have been waiting two days to post it I hope this sheds light and puts your fears to rest.
Remember when preaching hell and damnation that only Yahushua has been given the authority to judge man this is none other then man teaching man.
The father never sent Messiah to teach us about hell but rather to teach us about salvation.
Want proof look in the gospels and show me at the end where he says go and condemn them to hell less they repent no he said go and teach them of the gospels.
the holy scriptures say "Mt 23:15
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him two fold more the child of hell than yourselves."
Basically hes not just talking to jews here he saying teachers "Why do this at all?" Teach love and how to love the father and your neighbor especially your enemies. After all its love that will keep us from confusion.
2Th 2:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

"If you love me keep my commandments"
ONLY those that love the father keep his commandments and ONLY those keeping his commandments will he show mercy
De 20:6
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

I sincerly appoligize about the seriously long post My goal was to show you the father has ways of doing things and if we dont follow his ways the MEAT is never fed to us instead we will only suckle milk.
I also would like to say that I tried very hard to work on puncuation However, I don't have a spell check utility so I assure you there may be mistakes (I'm only human for now that is)
May the father bless you in all your knowledgable quests to seek him and find him to suit your needs to establish more firm foundations in your faith and doctrines may he be with you always and show you his mysteries that man rejected I assure you this name is not one of them.
We all know the father in some form or another there is power in this name Great saving healing prophesying power in his name His true name YAHUSHUA
Go to Top of Page

kevin
Advanced Member

uSA
100 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2006 :  22:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have a question about The Name
I see in a lot of places YWWH or which ever way you spell it is usually preceeded by the
now when I refer to another I dont say my friend the Johm or my friend the Jane,
I say my friend John or my friend Jane
so now
the Yahuwah means different than Yahuwah.
like the Yahuwah almost sounds more plural , like a tribe
But Yahuwah is one.
So what was the question?
Is the Yahuwah God?
or a Tribe and if so is God Tahuwah and is his tribe the Yahuwah?
kevin
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  08:14:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations, brother Kevin:

Peace be unto the house.

Good question, brother!

If you go to the section of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible called APPENDIX, GIVING THE OCCURRENCES OF THE FORTY-SEVEN WORDS CITED BY REFERRENCE ONLY.

Please note that some words have two numbers by them, and some do not. When they have two, the first number, which is not italicized is for the Ibriy [Hebrew] and the second number, which is italicized, is for the Greek.

Now, when you go to the article "the" you will find only an italicized number. This tells us that there was a Greek word for "the" but that there was no Ibriy word for "the" in the oldest existing texts of the Scripture. This in turn lets us know that the word "the" was added, sometimes correctly, other times incorrectly, to the Scripture.

Now, when "they" went to supplanting, what we perceive to be, the Proper Name of the Creator with LORD (or LORD) it became necessary to add the word "the" because it was no longer a proper name but rather an applellative, i.e. a common name (or title). This is why Paul was correct in saying "there be gods many, and lords many", because those two words are merely the common names or titles of rulers and/or judges.

GOD n. 3. A prince; a ruler; a magistrate or judge; an angel. 4. Any person or thing exalted too much in estimation, or deified and honored as the chief good. [Emphasis added]

Psalm 82:6 (KJV) I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Yahu'hanan [John] 10:34 Yahushua answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

LORD, n. 1. A master; a person possessing supreme power and authority; a ruler; a governor. [Emphasis added]

YHWH are the first letters of each of the names of the letters spelling that word, i.e. Yad, Hey, Waw, Hey. It may mean, in its fullest context, something like, "worship [yad] the one who breathes [hey], cleave [waw] to the one who breathes [hey]", but we are not certain of this.

We hope this has been helpful in answering your questions.

brother Robert: fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisar'el,
NOT the man-made, fictional STATE OF ISRAEL.
Ephesians 2:12 & 19

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 14 Dec 2006 08:38:57
Go to Top of Page

kevin
Advanced Member

uSA
100 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  20:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah Ha,
THat makes sense brother, I'll go look into that.
That was pretty helpful brother.
Thanks Again,
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  20:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those that claim that the name of the Supreme Sovereign is not important, here's a great quote that we are happy to provide for your defense of that stance.

“For no one can utter the name of the ineffable deity; and if any one dares to say that there is a name, he raves with a hopeless madness” – Catholic Bishop Jerome, I Apol., 61. (Jerome, or Eusebius Sophronius Hieronymus, is recognized (posthumously) by the Vatican as a “Doctor of the Church”.)

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 23 Dec 2006 20:32:22
Go to Top of Page

kevin
Advanced Member

uSA
100 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2007 :  21:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ditto from the his name is not jesus thread;)
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  11:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought we'd post this witness from Wikipedia.

Breaking the name down, we see that there are two parts: [yad hey waw] Yeho, a theophoric reference to YHWH, the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel, plus the three letter root [shin waw ayin], relating to the noun shua. Due to disputes over how to render [shin waw ayin] lexically, there are a number of generally accepted phrases this combination can translate to:

Yeho-shua

Literal meaning:

* "Yhwh" (is) a cry-for-help
* "Yhwh" (is) a cry-for-saving
* "Yhwh" (is) a saving-cry

That is, when in need of help shout, "God <sic>!"

Figurative meaning:

* Yhwh is salvation
* Yhwh saves
* Yhwh is my help

That is, God <sic> always answers a cry for help.

Shout "God!"? Yhwh is not the word God!! More accurately, these should have read...

That is, when in need of help shout, "YaHuWaW!"

That is, YaHuWaH always answers a cry for help.

Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  12:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, of course, Iesu and Iesus was, we are told, an attempt to transliterate this sycopated word, Y'shua, into Latin. It eventually evolved into the Ibriy/Greek/Latin/English hybrid, and totally meaningless word, JESUS (gee-zus).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, you have been told wrong. Me too. This is one item that I had to eat crow on after I had studied Biblical Hebrew and tried to debate the same position you still put forth. It does not hold water. Using the early Greek LXX OT and the Greek NT is the slam dunk for Iesous but the Yeshua argument can be just as easily established from the later Masoretic (why bother when we have older Greek of both the OT and the NT establishing the antiquity of "Iesous" - both texts being earlier than the Masorah Tanakh).

However, even if you want to go the much later Masoretic Hebrew route instead of the earlier Greek you will find that the name Yeshua is established in the later Biblical Hebrew. Notice that Joshua is also called this name Yeshua while also being called Yehoshua and that in the same verses in the LXX the word Jesus (Iesous) is there. Keep in mind - of course - that there is no "J" in the Hebrew so the "J" would be rendered "Y":

1Ch 24:11 The ninth to Jeshua, the tenth to Shecaniah,

2Ch 31:15 And next him [were] Eden, and Miniamin, and Jeshua, and Shemaiah, Amariah, and Shecaniah, in the cities of the priests, in [their] set office, to give to their brethren by courses, as well to the great as to the small:

Ezr 2:2 Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:

Ezr 2:6 The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua [and] Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.

Ezr 2:36 The priests: the children of Jedaiah, of the house of Jeshua, nine hundred seventy and three.

Ezr 2:40 The Levites: the children of Jeshua and Kadmiel, of the children of Hodaviah, seventy and four.

Ezr 3:2 Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as [it is] written in the law of Moses the man of God.

Ezr 3:8 Now in the second year of their coming unto the house of God at Jerusalem, in the second month, began Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and the remnant of their brethren the priests and the Levites, and all they that were come out of the captivity unto Jerusalem; and appointed the Levites, from twenty years old and upward, to set forward the work of the house of the LORD.

Ezr 3:9 Then stood Jeshua [with] his sons and his brethren, Kadmiel and his sons, the sons of Judah, together, to set forward the workmen in the house of God: the sons of Henadad, [with] their sons and their brethren the Levites.

Ezr 4:3 But Zerubbabel, and Jeshua, and the rest of the chief of the fathers of Israel, said unto them, Ye have nothing to do with us to build an house unto our God; but we ourselves together will build unto the LORD God of Israel, as king Cyrus the king of Persia hath commanded us.

Ezr 5:2 Then rose up Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and began to build the house of God which [is] at Jerusalem: and with them [were] the prophets of God helping them.

Ezr 8:33 Now on the fourth day was the silver and the gold and the vessels weighed in the house of our God by the hand of Meremoth the son of Uriah the priest; and with him [was] Eleazar the son of Phinehas; and with them [was] Jozabad the son of Jeshua, and Noadiah the son of Binnui, Levites;

Ezr 10:18 And among the sons of the priests there were found that had taken strange wives: [namely], of the sons of Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren; Maaseiah, and Eliezer, and Jarib, and Gedaliah.

Neh 3:19 And next to him repaired Ezer the son of Jeshua, the ruler of Mizpah, another piece over against the going up to the armoury at the turning [of the wall].

Neh 7:7 Who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum, Baanah. The number, [I say], of the men of the people of Israel [was this];

Neh 7:11 The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand and eight hundred [and] eighteen.

Neh 7:39 The priests: the children of Jedaiah, of the house of Jeshua, nine hundred seventy and three.

Neh 7:43 The Levites: the children of Jeshua, of Kadmiel, [and] of the children of Hodevah, seventy and four.

Neh 8:7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people [stood] in their place.

Neh 8:17 And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.

Neh 9:4 Then stood up upon the stairs, of the Levites, Jeshua, and Bani, Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani, [and] Chenani, and cried with a loud voice unto the LORD their God.

Neh 9:5 Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, [and] Pethahiah, said, Stand up [and] bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.

Neh 10:9 And the Levites: both Jeshua the son of Azaniah, Binnui of the sons of Henadad, Kadmiel;

Neh 11:26 And at Jeshua, and at Moladah, and at Bethphelet,

Neh 12:1 Now these [are] the priests and the Levites that went up with Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua: Seraiah, Jeremiah, Ezra,

Here's the definition:

Hebrew for 03442

Pronunciation Guide
Yeshuwa` {yay-shoo'-ah}

TWOT Reference Root Word
Not Available for 03091
Part of Speech
n pr m, n pr loc
Outline of Biblical Usage
Jeshua = "he is saved"

n pr m

1) son of Nun of the tribe of Ephraim and successor to Moses as the leader of the children of Israel; led the conquest of Canaan

2) son of Jehozadak and high priest after the restoration

3) a priest in the time of David who had charge of the 9th course

4) a Levite in the reign of Hezekiah

5) head of a Levitical house which returned from captivity in Babylon

6) father of a builder of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah

So there you have precedent that the name Yeshua (Jeshua) is an established name in Hebrew predating Christ.

Now, having proven that Yeshua is an established name in the Hebrew Bible (especially for Joshua), connect the dots:

Hebrew Yehoshua is also Hebrew Yeshua

Hebrew Yeshua is found as Greek Iesous in the LXX OT.

Greek Iesous is in English Jesus

There is no "sh" sound in the Greek so we rightly have the middle "s" sound in Iesous. The "s" at the end of the Greek name is a grammatical necessity.

So either way you want to go the name Jesus and Yeshua are present. 300 BC Greek LXX or the 900 AD Masoretic text.

quote:
Nomina si nescis perit cognitio rerum. If you know not the names of things, the knowledge of things themselves perishes. Co. Litt. 86.

Well, the Greek NT stands as solid and detailed testimony of the name Iesous so the knowledge of things concerning Him has NOT parished. In fact that name Jesus is called "emmanuel" which means "God is with us". The same Jesus that is a light to the Gentiles and the glory of Israel.

quote:
Originally posted by kevin

But, if anyone thinks it a waste of time to study the names, with particular attention to their meanings, it is certainly their prerogative to do so. They should probably just ignore threads like "His Name is Not Jesus" and "His Name is Not Yahu'shua", if that is the truth of the matter.

agreed, Peace,
kevin

It is a waste of time if one is not willing to REALLY study the topic but rather only looking to find things to support their false assumptions.

Kev, consider these important points nobody seems to bother with:

Jesus spoke Aramaic and most certainly Greek but not the 9th century AD Babylonian Hebrew of the Masorah Tanakh written over 800 years after the fact. Think on that a bit.

In Aramaic His name is Eashoa'. In Greek it is Iesous. No conspiracy at all seeing as the "Toldoth Yeshu" assertion does not even come into this equation until at least hundreds of years later (5 AD at the earliest) but most likely over 1,000 years later with the Jewish persecutions. The Hebrew that oneisraelite is trying to use to make his argument is from the Masoretic OT Tanakh which was written around the 9th Century AD. Christ Himself quotes the Greek LXX OT which was written around 300 BC. Even in that Greek LXX OT, we see IHSOUS (Iesous) in the title of the Book of Joshua. In a word, the Masoretic Hebrew is much later than both Greek and Aramaic that Jesus would have been familiar with!

This whole "blot out the name" argument is quite flawed for those simple points (and more).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000