Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Isaiah21_6

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  01:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read the book at the above link. It is a strong case for the SSN as the Mark of the Beast. Many serious issues are addressed and it is worth the time to read. While a SSN may be a precursor to the Mark, I am still not convinced it is the Mark itself. The author compares burning a little incense to another god knowingly, to taking a SSN and the act of “worship” by signing the application under perjury oath.

How many of you knew signing under oath of perjury is worshipping another god? Not quite the same is it, as burning incense as a compelled act of knowing and open worship? I was even quite surprised to discover that a military salute is an act of worship. I’m not saying it isn’t, but having served in the military many years ago I have just a bit of trouble accepting that a salute to a superior officer equated to laying prostrate before Almighty God.

The author openly admits that his interpretation of scripture isn’t the only one and that there is still much in Revelation that God has not clearly revealed. The argument is admittedly based on possibilities and it is possible that the author may be correct. It is also possible that he is not. For the most part he relies on the dead letter of law to make his point. Most of the population is just plain ignorant of all this dead letter law and will always remain so.

Satan seeks to counterfeit the Holy One at all points. The author ignores this point his argument denies that any single individual will claim to be “The Christ”. Again, it’s a possibility, just not one I agree with. Just as Satan uses this dead letter law to enslave us into the system, I believe he will seek to be openly declared the Messiah and will compel the kind of worship that The Lord seeks, that which is done knowingly, willingly, and in spirit. Though Satan may be hiding behind legal terms like perjury oaths, I believe he wishes to mimic God at al points and will come out into the open. Of course, I too, could be wrong.

The point is, I don’t think people will be condemned for unwittingly being a part of a legal system. I believe a time is coming, and coming soon, when a conscious choice will be made. I also believe some of us are facing that choice right now. The above poster mentions walking out of Babylon. Were that it was so easy.

We have the dilemma and the resulting tensions of living in two kingdoms. The kingdoms of this earth have ever been Satan’s. We are meant to be occupational forces living behind enemy lines. However, many of us are coming to realize that we have been compromised and that is why I suggest reading the link posted above. We have been compromised by a devious system that has enslaved us from the time of our birth. Like Israel was, we are captive in Babylon and most of us were born into this captivity.

It’s the question that drives me. What do I do now? I am a captive in Babylon, a slave in Egypt. My heart cries out for deliverance. How do I exercise the Liberty that God has granted me when I am enmeshed in a system that belongs to my enemy. Our system of currency, banking, insurance, commerce, you name it, it’s all a part of the Babylonian Mystery Religion. It’s meant to keep us captive.

How do I live in the world without being of the world? I rest only knowing that God is sovereign and that He hears my plea. He has shown me that there are others facing what I am facing. It is only by humbling ourselves and seeking Him that the answers will come.

What those answers are I can only speculate. I see the life my Savior lived. During His ministry, He didn’t have a thing a thing He could call His own, except maybe the clothes He wore. Imagine fishing or picking corn for your next meal. He must have been a rugged man. I often wonder how He lived His life before His ministry. What was the example He set then? Why has that part of His life been left a mystery? Is it so that we must rely on the Spirit of God for the questions it might answer?

What about the primitive church. Remarkable stories about the Body are recorded in Acts. Some people sold everything they had, though it never says that it was required and it wasn’t. Still many did it. I see a Body that pulled together in community like nothing we have today. I wish we did.

Many of us have families and children. Were I alone, knowing what I now know, I would have little trouble burning all my state issued ID, packing a single bag and hitting the road to follow Him. However I have young lives that are still under my care. My question to the Ecclesia is the same as I ask my Lord, how do I escape the system? How do I then live? In all my days, without any change of circumstances other that the light of Truth, I never would have imagined that my cry would be the same as the Israelites. Deliver us, Oh Lord!
Go to Top of Page

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  07:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very poignant.

You have answered your own question.

Seek -- and ye shall find.

It does not say WHERE to SEEK.
It does not say HOW to SEEK.
It does not say HOW LONG to SEEK
JUST SEEK!!!!
And –- eventually -- you will literally stumble upon the answer.

That searching, humbling SPIRIT of yearning and seeking the Truth -- is our salvation.
It is the LIGHT that shines through us, though it is not of us.
It is the WITNESS to our FAITH.
It is our courage.
It is LIFE itself.

Be Well,
Doer
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  09:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If We would only look to our Elder Brother Yahushua as the pattern Son! He was also "numbered" with the trangressers. Yes, Rome had their legal fiction law in those days. We can notice his parents enrolled in the Roman census of their day. He found the Way home for us. We now have the 'passport' to Zion. But it takes feet to get there. As far as the ss# and all cap name................satan {advarsary} deceives the world. A bar code on the forehead or a chip under the skin deceives no-one. But what is going on today is deceiving all but the very elect. The psalmist was disheartened to see the wicked so 'blessed' with material goods................until he considered their end. Keep your eyes on the target. Re-read Hebrews ch. 11 to see if this walk is a walk in the park. "And they" without....us....are not made perfect. Remember YaHuWeH had David, through listening to the advarsary..............number Israel. Now, just what did David find through this sin?
Go to Top of Page

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2002 :  06:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Number of the "Beast" ...

Well, most of you have heard that "666" is the number of the "Beast" ... but did you know that:

$699.25 - Price of the Beast plus 5% sales tax
$769.95 - Price of the Beast with all accessories and replacement soul
$766.25 - Price of the Beast with extended 6 year/66,000 mile warranty
1-666 - Area code of the Beast
00666 - Zip code of the Beast
110 110 110 - Binary code of the Beast
1-900-666-0666 - Live Beasts! One-on-one pacts! Call Now!
$6.66/minute. Over 16 please.
I-666 - Interstate Highway of the Beast
668 Hell Street - Next-door neighbor of the Beast
666 F - Oven temperature for roast Beast
666k - Retirement plan of the Beast
11666 - US Dow Jones Industrial Average Index is heading to
6.66 % - 6 year CD interest rate at First Beast National Bank,
$666 minimum deposit.
RU-666 - Abortion drug for the Beast
Levis 666 - Designer jeans for the Beast
Phillips 666 -- Gasoline of The Beast
665.99999987 -- Pentium number of the Beast
666i - BMW of the Beast
i66686 - CPU of the Beast
66.6 Kbps - Modem of the Beast
Windows666 - Windows upgrade for the Beast
Error 666 - Attempt to access daemon or demon failed
EECS 666 - Intoduction to Beast programming
http://www.666.com - Home page of the Beast
beast@666.com - Email address of the Beast
Go to Top of Page

Isaiah21_6

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2003 :  02:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

somebody has too much time on their hands...
Go to Top of Page

loybost

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2003 :  17:54:12  Show Profile  Visit loybost's Homepage  Send loybost an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In response to an earlier post by: Isaiah21_6

Is an oath a form of worship? Mathew: 10:16 states “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” Below is part of the legal definition of “oath” you decide if it is a form of worship.

oath - 1: a solemn attestation of the truth of one's words or the sincerity of one's intentions
specif
: one accompanied by calling upon a deity as a witness (Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law ©1996.) [bold letters mine]

Refusing the “mark of the beast” would be so easy if a government agency would line us all up and say “ Those wishing to receive the Seal of YaHWeH (“God”) go to the right and those wishing the mark of the beast go to the left”. I don’t believe that will happen my friend. I believe that YeHoWSHuWaH (“Jesus”) warned us about the lawyers and their deceptive tactics take a close look at Luke: 11:52, which states “Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.”. Our Savior was talking about entering heaven; if the mark of the beast were to be issued through an upright contract of full disclosure how would the lawyers hinder someone else from entering heaven? Have they (the lawyers) taken away the keys of knowledge? I believe that they have; for example did you know that a “person” is considered to be a corporation? Did you know that a corporation owes its existence and charter powers to the State? Are you a resident? Did you know that “res” means “a thing” and that “ident” means identified? Did you just say that you are a thing identified? The point is that the laws (statutes, treasury regulations and so on) are so twisted and confusing that most of the words in them we don’t even understand and the words we think that we understand have a totally different “legal definition” than the common definitions that we associate with them in our common conversations (that’s why they call them “codes”). We can’t be wise as serpents if we don’t understand the language of the serpents now can we? Unfortunately most of us run straight to a lawyer (attorner) for a simple legal matter because we simply don’t understand the legal psychobabble of the statutes. Again we have been warned; take a close look at Hosea: 4:6 which states “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.” If YeHoWSHuWaH (“Jesus”) the Christ is our Advocate and Wonderful Counselor and if our Law is the Holy Bible then we must strategically situate ourselves so that our Shepard is between the wolves and ourselves (and yes it is much easier said than done).

Our monetary system and our legal system have us enslaved to a beast power and few who have studied the Word and the world around us would deny that fact. However Holy Scripture does state that this enslavement will be tied directly to a man, a “false christ” if you will. The Holy Scripture states at Revelation: 13:18 that “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” So the first question is: can our monetary and legal systems be traced back to a man? The second question is: does this man portray himself as “a christ”? The third question is: can we show that that man (false christ) has a name that is numbered 666? I believe that the answer to these questions is yes on all counts. Can I prove it? I will certainly try. I can’t go into the extreme detail that the subject deserves but I will give a summary of what I know and believe to be the truth. I’m not a prophet or a saint so please take anything that I say at face value, much of it is opinion based on fact. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions and I will gladly share any and all research material that I have with any one who requests it. If anyone one has conflicting evidence as to my conclusions please present it. I don’t want to spread false doctrine nor do I wish to be deceived.

The Federal Reserve System and Bar Association owe their allegiance to The Crown Temple, which in turn owes its allegiance to the Roman Pope. The article at the link below and the hyperlinks contained therein will explain this quite clearly. http://www.worldnewsstand.net/history/The_Crown_Temple.htm

The so-called “civil law” enforced in the U.S. is actually Roman law see the definitions below.

civil law- 1: Roman law esp. as set forth in the Code of Justinian (Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law ©1996.) [bold letters mine]

The link below shows proof that the “Code of Justinian” is Roman Catholic through and through. For those who believe that the Catholic church promotes the Christian ideals that His Sheep should follow I ask the following question. Why does the Catholic church promote the laws that nailed our Savior to the cross instead of promoting the Christian common law…..hmmmm? The following link will show you the ties of our civil law to the Roman Pope as well. http://www.aloha.net/%7Emikesch/jus-code.htm

We can easily tie our legal and monetary system to one man and that man is the “Roman Catholic Pope” and none other. Does this man claim to be “a christ”? What is the pope’s official title? The pope’s official title is “VICARIUS FILII DEI” (in Latin). This name or title means “in place of the son of God” does the term anti-christ come to mind? Did you learn the Roman numerals in school? Did you ever wonder why you were taught them? Perhaps the illustration below will shed light on why you learned them.

THE LITERAL MEANING: VICARIUS - substituting for, or in place of
FILII - means son
DEI - means God

V = 5 F = no value D = 500
I = 1 I = 1 E = no value
C = 100 L = 50 I = 1
A = no value I = 1 -------------
R = no value I = 1 501
I = 1 --------------
U = 5 53
S = no value
---------------
112 112 + 53+ 501 = 666

Perhaps this mathematical anomaly is pure coincidence. If so, call Guinness Book because this same title in Greek and Hebrew also adds up to 666. The link below has some excellent information on this subject. http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/666.htm

I’m not trying to bash the Catholic church, but if we want to know where the trail leads we must be willing to accept the Truth we find at the end of the trail. I believe that most, if not all, Catholics believe that they are doing what is right but so does a rat eating poison. Rat poison is 99.99% good food and .01% poison but the rat that eats it is just as dead as if the percentages were reversed. However, if the percentages were reversed the rat would have known it was poison and would have rejected it now wouldn’t he? Mathew: 24:24 states that “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Do you think that Satan wouldn’t use a little poison wherever he can? Wouldn’t deceiving those who wish to believe in the True Christ be his ultimate goal? Did the pope give us a get out of Hell free card? I don’t think so!

Like many others I still carry the numbered ID (indentured dullards) cards (i.e. s.s. card, drivers license and so on). Walking out of Babylon is like wading upstream through a river of cold molasses. When I was getting into this mess, the current of this world was with me pushing me along with all of its sticky sweetness and now it has become the snare that I struggle against. The unfortunate truth is that I chose to walk into it and now I must walk out step by step and above all keep Babylon to my back and my eyes on our Savior. I hope that you will do the same.
Peace and Grace,
Loy

Go to Top of Page

loybost

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  09:51:50  Show Profile  Visit loybost's Homepage  Send loybost an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to All,
This topic has been dormant far too long. I would welcome more feedback on this subject.
Peace and Grace,
Loy
Go to Top of Page

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  12:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Loy,

I would simply ask, how can you take the mark of the beast, if you have already been sealed by our Lord and Savior with the mark of the Father? That is the mark I carry, and wish for all to see.

Peace in the name of our Lord, Jesus,

Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  16:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings All,
pray tell, what is the mark of the Father...for all to see?
We must needs keep in mind that there are three components with the beast system...1] the mark, 2] the name, 3] the number.
Roman Catholic christianity has about re-captured all professing protestants. The mark is belief in Jesus as saviour, yet obeying civil {Roman} law. The name is the ALL CAP name created by and in the image of the beast. The number must be the Social Security System number. Things are black or white, yet most all live and make decisions in their grey matter.
Can you believe that the Jesuits created the modern "Jew"? www.savethemales.ca is a site run by a man who at one time thought he was Jewish. He now knows better, his ancestors are from Khazaria.
The delusion sent by our heavenly Father is a doozy. Jesuits wrote the rapture theology, Jesuits killed Lincoln, Jesuits put the statue of Mary {prospherene-whatever} on top of the Capital building in 1863 and five years later had passed the 14th amendment...which esoterically, started creating PERSONS. Is this cabalistically...the way the virgin Mary produces PERSONS? Notice the first time the word Jesus is brought up in the KJV...JESUS. Proverbs 30:4.
Go to Top of Page

Adam

Albania
33 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2003 :  01:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

The following excerpt is from an article entitled “The Beast, its Literal Mark, and Iraq” explaining the very real applicable interpretation of the Beast of Revelation and his mark. Men are often looking afar for the application of scripture, when the matters of the true Christ spirit are usually revealed in the day to day manner of ones own life. Do you act like “Christ” or do you act like a “beast”? Is the water that comes from your fountain bitter or sweet? By the fruit of the life, the man is know.

“There is no mystery here.  The beast mentioned here is the United States.  It is the one that planted its tents in the midst of the rivers.  Iraq, the cradle of civilization, “the glorious holy mountain,” is the place where earth’s final events are made visible to all.  This beast has two horns (powers) like a lamb.   It makes a show of the power of its government as being fair and just, harmless and beneficial.  It has two basic freedoms called, freedom of speech and freedom of religion. There are two houses of Congress.  There are two who preside over the affairs of the nation, the president and the vice president.  But, this beast speaks as a dragon.  “You are either 100% for us or 100% against us.”  There is no room for dissent. This power will “rid the earth of evil” even if it dies trying, just as the Roman church tried to do centuries ago.

“Now, the Revelation speaks of another power who stands in the presence of this first beast, and causes all to worship the same kind of authority once again.  This “Protestant” nation, within the second beast, which is the United States, carries out the same kind of force and exercises the same kind of power as the Pope did during the middle ages.  The “Inquisition” is occurring all over again, but in a different form and under a different name.

“The earth is awed by U.S. firepower.  This beast works great signs insomuch that it brings fire down from heaven and all the earth beholds it.  All the earth is awed by the invincibility of the United States’ arsenal of weaponry.  Fire streaks from the heavens and destroys anything in the target.  Even greater weapons are being devised each month which will awe the masses who worship at its feet.  It says in these Scriptures that whoever will not worship the beast would be slain.  The word here for “worship” in the Hebrew, literally means, “to fawn or crouch.”  We saw this graphically portrayed in the first gulf war, when Iraqis fawned and crouched to escape being killed by the American forces.  All men must bow the knee or they will be killed.

“The Scriptures also speak of the mark on the right hand. The “right hand” represents one’s actions and labors.  Not only does the right hand go over the heart when it pledges allegiance, it is used in the support of the beast, through industry.  The hand writes the checks that put money in the treasury of the beast at tax time.  The mark is on the right hand, as it puts forth efforts to uphold the beast and his policies. 

“The final thing mentioned is the name of the beast.  I have heard many times, “I am a loyal and patriotic American.”  The people take the name of the beast upon them.  In their football games, they sing the national anthem to the beast.  They worship the beast in their hearts.  In their churches, they often put an American flag right beside the “Christian” flag.  The churches worship the beast.  They take the mark of the beast (state) on their forehead and on their hand by these actions.  They take the name of the beast and the human number of his name.  This beast is secular, for it professes to separate itself from religion.  It is “the separation of church and state,” yet the “Christians” put this beast’s secular emblem right upon their pulpit, and they extol its virtues every Saturday or Sunday.

“This worship of the American emblem is not only by Americans.  If other countries, who are not American, fawn before it, they take the mark just as surely as if they were born in The White House.  The whole world will be held accountable for not refusing the mark.  Humans pretend that they are independent, and work out of their good senses, when in actuality they work only out of their self-interest, and self-preservation.  Their motives are self-serving.  All who come from these motivations will see that they burn in the beastly fires that are sent out upon the earth.  High or low, rich or poor, will not escape this natural and most reasonable judgment. 

“The number of the beast is the mark of man.  This physical, literal, symbol of pledging allegiance, is merely the activity that shows the birth of the mark of man-worship that is within them, and the carrying out of the purposes of the beast, with one’s thoughts and labors.  The Scriptures have very literally and plainly defined the beast, and what the beast would do at the end of the world.  They clearly define the present world, the world that is coming to its end.”
Michael Travesser

Click link for full article.

http://www.travesser.com/article/86_0_1_0_C/

Related Article - 666 The Mark of Man

http://www.travesser.com/article/80_0_1_0_C/

He Came In The Clouds www.travesser.com

Edited by - Adam on 22 Dec 2003 12:20:53
Go to Top of Page

ehud71

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2003 :  20:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All!

First time post here.
This is a subject that we just recently covered in a Bible study.
It says without the mark we can neither buy nor sell. I believe with the Lord Jesus Christ as my savior, he will provide anything that I may need.
Just to let you know I attend the United Pentecostal Church in my area. And as of April 20, 2003 i have taken the name of Jesus, with the infilling of the Holy Ghost and baptism in the name of Jesus. God Bless Ehud

God Bless!

Edited by - ehud71 on 02 Dec 2003 21:01:47
Go to Top of Page

loybost

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  23:01:34  Show Profile  Visit loybost's Homepage  Send loybost an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Brother Lewis,

You asked a very interesting question: “I would simply ask, how can you take the mark of the beast, if you have already been sealed by our Lord and Savior with the mark of the Father? That is the mark I carry, and wish for all to see.” I believe that taking the mark of the beast is out of our control. Revelation :13:16: “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:” This verse doesn’t leave any room for exceptions, does it? What we must do is to gain victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name. There can be no victory without a war. There will be no victory without a battle plan. In my opinion we must gain this victory through the realization of the unrealism of the beast system that seemingly feeds upon us. We are either part of the body of Christ or we are part of the body of the beast. There is no in between; there is only black and white, right and wrong, true and false, light and darkness.

The beast system is not real to those whose names are written in the book of life. Revelation:17:8: “The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” What we must do is to get victory over the beast and its markings. I believe that one major step in obtaining that victory is the realization that the beast system is not real. There is no Lawful foundation for its existence and structure whatsoever.

The Federal Reserve notes are not real, they are not backed by gold or silver. We have never received an income, because the Fed notes we received are debt based and backed only by public faith (faith in mammon). We have never entered into a contract with the government, because there is no lawful consideration invested to provide the alleged benefits that the government supposedly provides; without lawful consideration all contracts are void. There is no such thing as a government benefit, because these alleged benefits are funded by imaginary money. There is no legal system, because it enforces colorable (fake) law based on fake money protecting fake persons and fake property. There is no corporate all capitalized straw man, because it is a legal fiction (fiction means: not real). There is no way to copyright a legal fiction under the Common Law, because the Common Law only deals with things that are real. To believe contrary to the above principles is to believe that someone other than YHWH (God) can create something of value out of nothing. It is difficult at best to convince oneself that none of these things are real; however, in my minds eye it is an essential step in gaining victory over the beast and its marks.

I’m certain that there are many who would disagree with me. I welcome the opinion of those who would disagree with my conclusions.

Peace and Grace,
Loy

Loy Robert: Bost, III
Go to Top of Page

Livefree
Advanced Member

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  01:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
however, in my minds eye it is an essential step in gaining victory over the beast and its marks.

So now that you know we live in a fake world, how is this going to help you to gain victory over the beast and its marks? You still have to live off their fake money, at least while you are here in the U.S. You can basically shut out the world by hanging out with likeminded bible people, but deep down inside, you know that living in this fake world bugs the heck out of you. :-)

Edited by - Livefree on 05 Dec 2003 01:23:30
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  08:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Livefree,
You hit the nail on the head. All "high opinions" aside everybody I know has the fake MONEY in their right hand (their #1 tool for paying their RENT, BILLS, CORP FOOD PRODUCTS, INTERNET CONTRACTS, etc)and on written on their forehead (gotta wake up and sell my labour in the ECONOMY so I can BUY... CORP FOOD PRODUCTS, GAS/OIL..etc...). The NOTE gives full disclosure that it is LEGAL in nature. A phone call directly to the LEGAL offices of the FED revealed that the NOTES are backed up by CONTRACTS. FRN's are COMMERCIAL PAPER.. When we use the NOTE are we trading on the Souls of men? Duh..

I noticed you posted a quote by Osho... Do you study any Advaita philosophy? Very interesting when you view this topic from that lense.

Go to Top of Page

Livefree
Advanced Member

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  17:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The NOTE gives full disclosure that it is LEGAL in nature. A phone call directly to the LEGAL offices of the FED revealed that the NOTES are backed up by CONTRACTS."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Notes are contracts but not all contracts are Notes." James Ewart

From the book, Money, by James Ewart:

Notes, Agreements and Contracts

A contract, at law, is generally defined as an agreement by one party to provide a service or a thing to another party for a "good and valuable consideration."

In your agreement with the bank, you (the maker of the Note) agree (promise) to give a consideration (pay interest) to the bank (the payee) for a service (the loan of money) for a designated period (which ends with the due-date). Remember that the phrase Promissory Note is used to distinguish payback agreements from routine memoranda.

Since no due-date is needed for an agreement to be a contract, we can correctly state that all Notes are contracts but not all contracts are Notes.

We introduce the subject of contracts because the law says something about them that, although simple, is often overlooked, even by professionals. That is, for a writing at law to be a contract, that writing must clearly express the intent of the parties.

For the intent of a contract to be clear, the contract must be written clearly. If you were to sit at a typewriter and type a few thousand fours and sevens on a sheet of paper, there would be no contract, even if you and your neighbor signed the paper. This is obvious because the fours and sevens do not express any intent.

If you wrote the following on a sheet of paper you would still not have a contract:

"I, Joe Blow - Sam Neighbor, $100 tomorrow."

This gobbledygook example would not be a contract, even if you and your neighbor signed it, because it does not make sense. The letters, punctuation marks and numbers may be clearly imprinted on the paper but the parties' intent is not clearly expressed because you used only isolated words and sentence-fragments. In contracts and agreements, clarity of intent is expressed through the use of complete sentences.

If a writing does not include at least one complete sentence - with subject and predicate, including a verb or verb-phrase - there is no way that that writing can be a contract. If it cannot be a contract, it follows that it most assuredly cannot be a Note. Even if a writing involves many complete sentences, it still is not a Note unless those sentences contain the four elements which are legally required in Notes.

Of course, some people might call our gobbledygook example a Note, but the law would not, and what is decisive is what the law says, not what a neighbor or co-worker might say. Right? Right.

Even if you see a formal-looking, written instrument which has the word NOTE on it, don't jump to the conclusion that the instrument is a Note. You could spray-paint the word Note on your basement wall but that wouldn't make your basement wall a Note. Your father-in-law could neatly cut the word Note in the left front fender of your car with an acetylene torch but that wouldn't make your fender a Note.
Genuine Notes

If you wish to see examples of a genuine Note at law, jump to Chapter 9 and examine several photographs of U.S. paper currency, or visit a coin dealer who carries an inventory of old U.S. paper currency. Examine a specimen of any United States Gold Certificate, or any United States Silver Certificate, or a Federal Reserve Note from any of the following Series: 1914, 1928, 1934, and 1950.

Note

You will observe on each of these instruments at least one complete sentence which contains all four of the elements required for the instrument to be a 'Note. An example of the critical sentence on a bona Ten-Dollar Federal Reserve Note, Series of 1950 see Figure 6-1, page 30), is:

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WILL PAY TO THE BEARER ON DEMAND TEN DOLLARS

In this sentence the subject is THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA; the predicate is WILL PAY TO THE BEARER ON DEMAND TEN DOLLARS, and the verb (verb-phrase, actually) is WILL PAY.

Also in this sentence are the four elements necessary for the law to call the instrument a Note:

The maker 1S THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA;
The payee is THE BEARER;
The Dollar-amount is TEN DOLLARS (or just TEN); and,
The due-date IS ON DEMAND.

Here are the main points you need to remember about Notes:
1. Four elements are required before the law will consider a monetary (financial) writing a Note.

2. Since a Note is a form of contract, the elements of a Note must be expressed in one or more complete sentences.

3. A complete sentence (with few exceptions, unrelated to this discussion) is comprised of subject and predicate, including a verb or verb-phrase.

4. If a financial writing lacks complete sentences, or lacks any one or more of the elements of a Note, that instrument is not a Note.

Conversely, if you wish to see a piece of paper which people think is a Note, but which most certainly is not a Note (at law, in financial contemplation ), examine the contents of your purse or wallet.

Today's paper currency, those so-called Dollar, ,bills (ones, fives, tens, and twenties, etc.) bear the word NOTE in two places. Yet in legal contemplation, as financial instruments, that currency is no more Notes than the paper these words are printed on.

In reality, there are no Federal Reserve Notes in general circulation today anywhere in the world. The so-called Dollar-bills in general circulation today are more appropriately called Federal Reserve Tokens, abbreviated FRTs. (See example, Figure 4-1.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, Batkol, I am familiar with Advaita philosophy; the teachings of Ramana Maharshi, Krishnamurti and Yogananda, etc. None of these men concerned themselves with government, money, or their physcial survival. Master your mind and yourself first, and mastery over the physical world will follow, seems to be what this teaching is all about.

For those that don't know what Advaita is:

Noted scholar Georg Feuerstein summarizes the advaita realization as follows: " The manifold universe is, in truth, a Single Reality. There is only one Great Being, which the sages call Brahman, in which all the countless forms of existence reside. That Great Being is utter Consciousness, and It is the very Essence, or Self (Atman) of all beings."

An important question seems to be: Are most seekers genuinely prepared for the psychological upheaval and world-shattering shift of perception that penetration into the Absolute unleashes?

The individual to whom the absolute teachings were revealed would have already fulfilled the demanding moral and ethical qualifications for discipleship. And even more than that, Shankara himself states that the qualifications for discipleship also demanded an extraordinary degree of detachment from and transcendence of worldly desires:

The pupil must be dispassionate toward all things noneternal. . . . [Having] abandoned the desire for sons, wealth and worlds, endowed with self-control [and] compassion, he is a brahmin who is internally and externally pure, whose thought is calm, who has reached tranquility. . . . [Thus] let him go to a spiritual teacher who is learned in the scriptures and established in Brahman.

Edited by - Livefree on 05 Dec 2003 17:31:07
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  18:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Livefree,
Let me clarify: I should have said the FAKE NOTES are backed up (i.e, given TRADE value) by a wide variety of CONTRACTS procured by the US CORP. This info strait from the FED RES..I did not want to give the impression that the FAKE NOTES are actually CONTRACTS.

According to Advaita, none of "this" really happened anyway.

Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  19:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Livefree,
Let me clarify: I should have said the FAKE NOTES are backed up (i.e, given TRADE value) by a wide variety of CONTRACTS procured by the US CORP. This info strait from the FED RES..I did not want to give the impression that the FAKE NOTES are actually CONTRACTS.

According to Advaita, none of "this" really happened anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Livefree
Advanced Member

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  19:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BatKol:

I guess what threw me off is when you said, "The NOTE gives full disclosure that is LEGAL in nature".

As you now know, an FRN is not a LEGAL Note. The NOTE itself does not give full disclosure. My question is this: If the NOTE itself is not a "LEGAL" Note, how can the contract itself be LEGAL?
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  20:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Livefree, that is the original point. This FAKE tool we all use everyday (metaphorically in our right hand and forehead) is total "sorcery of the merchants"..The CONTRACTS that back up the FALSE SCRIP are very LEGAL (down to the very signature, no doubt). I would bet that SS# CONTRACTS are also included in the wide variety of CONTRACTS that the GOVT uses to back up the SCRIP... Hence the bit about "trading on the souls of men". We are all guilty of benefiting from this scheme, perhaps even "more so" since we are all very clear about the details. In a nut shell the FED told me point blank that CONTRACTS have replaced Gold as back up. No mystery.

What stikes me as odd is that, amidst all of the congradulations and back slapping that goes on in this list for those who claim "No Marks", why nobody will proclaim wih the same fervor, "I help perpetuate the SCRIP SCHEME by circulating and benefiting from what the SCRIP gets me".... Let me be clear: I am most certainly benefiting from the SCRIP SCHEME... pays the RENT and puts FOOD on the table.. pays my INTERNET CONTRACT (DEPT OF DEFENSE) and my STATE REGULATED POWER too... Sad but True .... BTW, I like Advaita's "solution" to all of this... especially Ramana's interp of Ps 46:10!!!

Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  21:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Livefree said:
You can basically shut out the world by hanging out with likeminded bible people, but deep down inside, you know that living in this fake world bugs the heck out of you. :-)

BK: This was what I was originally agreeing with you on. This was the context for my response.. BTW.. "I" was getting ready to throw the whole Bible in the can until I came across Advaita. Now all of the errors and contradictions are meaningless... ah, the power of Midrash and Metaphor!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000