A general question for the members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

insatiable

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  14:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all, I am new to the site in it's entirety. I am not new to the ideas shared on this forum, some yes, but most I have heard of in one way or another. I have some "up to date" friends that feed me info from time to time. I have been reading over most all the threads on this forum for the last couple of days before commenting here. I wanted to learn more, and understand better, the perspectives of those on this site.

First of all, I apologise to the admin if this post is in the wrong place, but I didn't see a "general" forum section, nor a questions section. Please re-direct this to the proper area should you feel the need, I won't be offended in anyway. My apologies in advance.

Secondly, I would like to say that I am not a highly "religious" person, but a man of great faith. This may make me stick out in this select group of individuals, but I am one that believes that religion seperates more often than not (masses from the masses), but that faith brings all together. That is what I share in common with those on this board, and that of which I have been impressed with here with all of those that have posted. I wanted to give a little background from where I am coming from with my questions, for some might be precieving me or my questions, as "ignorant" or "uneducated" on the subject, for I will opennly say in comparsion to most of you, is true. Thus I am here, trying to learn more and understand that of which you all have focused obvious amounts of time and energy. Having said that, I commend all of you for not only the pursuit of truth, but being true to one's self, and that is the most important thing to me.

My question is simple in nature, and one that I didn't see discussed for you all are on a much higher level of understanding of your beliefs than I. I need some catching up and I am sure many of you will have good responses to this question, in which I welcome to the fullest extent.

Many of the processes and claims that are made here on the site have obvious religious ties not only in theory of how one should live their live, but the "laws" that those that fallow this guidelines. (For the record, my beliefs are similar in philosophy in most all subjects.) My LIMITED understanding is that church and state are not to be combined and the combonation of the two in arguement in a court of law isn't going to be heard as justified rebuttal to charges or alleged crimes. Many of the "loopholes" (term used very loosely, please don't hold me to exact terms or connotations) are regarding religious exemptions or have some sort of religious tie. How is that these beliefs are going to be recognized by the government since is it combining church and state?

That question is very general and broad. For that I apologise, but really the idea isn't one that is easily summed up into one cute, presise question.

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to learning more.

Insatiable

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  16:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

You asked:

quote:
How is that these beliefs are going to be recognized by the government since is it combining church and state?

And so as not to get off on the wrong foot, I suggest that you click the little pencil and paper icon and edit the sentence. It seems to have two serious syntax errors. I think your question can be understood as it is though.

Since the question is so broad (admittedly) I will simply point out that the premise is faulty. You suppose the objective is to acquire the recognition of government. But I can make a go of that anyway.

People created government. We even drafted and ratified a Constitution to guide our creation. When an employee fails to recognize his or her employer termination is in order. That is written into the First Amendment - the Bill of Rights. And speaking for Colorado, it is written into the Preamble here as well.

The difficulty is our identity as people. That is what I preach and I just noted from the home page that I have "1000" posts on ecclesia.org. I think you will find my posts consistent. I call it capital integration; resolving pseudonomania.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 23 Nov 2005 18:34:49
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000