Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  02:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received this thread recently.
THIS is the ATTITUDE AND ACTION that we ALL need to have, because THIS ATTITUDE AND ACTION cuts through the crap and gets it done. When anyone STANDS UP to bullies, then the bullies STAND DOWN. I would sure like to see more such examples posted.

For the curious, "KAHONES" is a Hawaiian word referring to those male things that produce Testosterone.

-- George

Subject: [LWAN]: Your Friendly Neighborhood Secret Service Agent
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:00:15 -0400 (EDT)

The other day I got a rather startling email from the Department of Homeland Security. (Bush called it that because he wanted to make a distinction from all his meddling *outside* the "homeland" in who knows how many foreign countries). It made reference to a post on the web discussion forum I used to manage called LibertyPost.org. It read:

Mr. McIver,

A Presidential threat was posted to one of your message boards on Libertypost.org. The screen names of two individuals in question are Fred Mertz and Brian S. We are hoping that you might be able to provide us with subscriber information or IP addresses for the two individuals. If you require a subpoena for the information, please let me know. If you have any questions or need more information from me, please don't hesitate to contact me at 202/406-9412 or by replying to this email.

Thank you,
Heather

Heather Woodard
US Secret Service
Internet Threat Desk
202/406-9412
iitd@usss.treas.gov

----

Even though I am no longer formally associated with LibertyPost.org, I had previously caught wind of a comment or two related to Mr. Bush. While they were not flattering as to wishing him good health, they were hardly plotting his demise. In the world of public forum discussion, comments often get heated, and I've seen more than a few accusations of people wishing death on one another. It just comes with the territory, and with many thousands of US troops killed or wounded in Iraq and perhaps over 100,000 Iraqi's killed, some people are inclined to hold Bush accountable.

In spite of strongly worded rhetoric, freedom of speech is really sacred ground, and Ms. Woodard's email demonstrated well how federal bureaucrats trash it. Wanting to make a point, I wrote back to Secret Service Agent Woodard:

Dear Heather,

You gotta be kidding me. This is what our country has come to? I believe I cought wind of the comment in question and consider it no threat at all. What one wishes to see is not saying what one will do.

But I suppose freedom of speech is dead in the USA because people like you are on the payroll to destroy it. Yes, you. George Bush is no king, but you get paid to treat him like royalty. The next time someone wishes to see me dead, shall I call on you, or am I not entitled to the same protection as Mr. Bush? You need to wake up and smell the roses.

I am no longer involved with LibertyPost.org, though my address is apparently still on the domain name. If you wish to waste more tax dollars on public forum comments which are completely harmless, contact the present owner at [redacted]. If I were still involved, I'd make you get a subpoena. I certainly wouldn't put it past you to make that bluff, and even if it isn't, proper procedure, or what's left of it in this country, requires an impartial judge to sign off on this idiocy. That's assuming the judicial branch still has any say in these matters of right in this post-911 police state. Not sure which violations of the 4th Amendment are now permitted to be carried out purely on the whims of Presidential goons, otherwise known as the executive branch.

Take my advice and get a life.

---

I received this response back almost immediately:

Mr McIver -

Thank you for your prompt reply. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, as we did not realize you are not the appropriate point of contact for this matter. We appreciate the information you have provided and will follow up on this matter with the correct contact person.

Regards,
DL Bloom

US Secret Service
Internet Threat Desk

---

Of course the response would be polite. Good PR and politeness is key to their agenda, but 4th Amendment violations should not be given a pass because the perpetrators are polite. I responded:

Dear DL Bloom (or whatever your real name is),

I'm sure that a show of courtesy to the general public, even in the face of obvious disrespect, is a requirement of your operating procedures as per your training classes. However, no amount of courtesy will buy any paid shredder of constitutionally-protected Rights any license of respect from me.

You and Heather can take your "thanks" and shove it. It's not welcome here.

---

Those who know me personally know I don't talk like that normally. Certainly I've never chewed out a secret service agents before. But those behind this inquisition should be given no leeway.

Upon being informed of this inquiry, one of the "suspects" in this alleged threat voluntarily contacted these agents. He reports getting the following note back:

Dear Mr. xxxxx

Thank you very much for contacting us directly and offering your cooperation. Please rest assured that you are not under investigation. Further review of the statements made in the forum in question has provided the information we required and no further investigation is being conducted. We apologize for any inconvenience our inquiry may have caused you.

Respectfully,
DL Bloom

US Secret Service
Internet Threat Desk
iitd@usss.treas.gov

----

Those involved in law enforcement have a duty to investigate matters within their jurisdiction, but in this case, the feds made an inquiry about someone's private information, and later admitted that the evidence did not justify the inquiry. The inquiry I received was a 4th Amendment violation.

Any interested in one of the comments in question can view it at:
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=101181

Be forewarned it's a bit of a verbal slugfest. Something that's rather common on web forums.

Neil McIver
www.cjmciver.org

Permission is granted to redistribute this email, provided it is preserved in its entirety.

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  17:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doer,
Cojones in spanish, contrary to "KAHONES" in hawaiian, is also "a word referring to those male things that produce Testosterone."

By the way, CHERTOFF, homeland security szar, is a member of the BAR-FLY CLUB, which is part of that germ of destruction in the judiciary Thomas Jefferson wrote of, and many know too well nowadays.

Manuel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000