Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  10:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's better Onisraelite. But you should correct Bondservant's quote to the typo in the original. You still misquote. Quote exactly and insert the [sic].
quote:
Oneisraelite posed:

Just so we understand the "no conspiracy" proponents correctly, is it your humble opinions that no AGENTS of kosmokrator have ever made "an agreement to accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action" or vice versa?
And then quotes Bondservant to instill that there is no such sophistry allowed here? That is a compound question not only based on principles of satanic persona expression, but also on my presumption that Greek kosmokrator is the adversary of the Old Covenant. The Jews and Greeks after the Book of Enoch believed in that 'fallen angel' mythos.

I explained it the best I could for such a sophisticated question. But when Oneisraelite tried to distill it down to only the suffix of the compound, removing the sophisticated prefix, I pulled the prior judgment against him. I am through answering such sophistry.

So far as I am concerned you pulled Bondservant's quote to accuse and convict yourself, Oneisraelite. I try my best to be transparent and think I do a good job considering the concepts I talk about are so simple, conditioning causes Readers to be completely mystified.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 29 Mar 2005 10:16:24
Go to Top of Page

Bondservant
Forum Administrator

382 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  13:59:32  Show Profile  Visit Bondservant's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, it was not a typo:

whit
n.
The least bit; an iota: doesn't give a whit what was said; not a whit afraid.
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  17:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never knew. To 'give a whit'. I would have misspelled it for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  07:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Bondservant:
Peace be unto the house.
I apologize for making the change in your quote from "whit" to "wit". I naturally presumed that the games you were referring to in the second sentence were the "mind games" of cleverness you explicitly named in the sentence preceding it, which of course refers to "wit".
Anyway, no offense was intended and I most certainly was not trying to misquote you.

LORD, n. ...7. In scripture, the Supreme Being; Jehovah. When Lord, in the Old Testament, is printed in capitals, it is the translation of JEHOVAH, and so might, with more propriety, be rendered.- Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language
Note: Here is a clue for us, this name is spelled Iehouah throught the entire 1599 Geneva Bible and four times in the 1611 King James Version; no "J" and no "V".
Exodus 6:3 (GB) And I appeared vnto Abraham, to Izhak, and to Iaakob by the Name of Almightie God: but by my Name Iehouah was I not knowen vnto them. [Emphasis added]

PROPRI'ETY, n. [L. proprietas, from proprius.] 2. Fitness; suitableness; appropriateness; consonance with established principles, rules or customs; justness; accuracy. [Ibid]

And we are sure everyone agrees, it is justness and accuracy we should all be seeking, is it not?

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el,
NOT the man-made, fictional USA.
Ephesians 2:12 & 19
An act done by me against my will is not my act.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 30 Mar 2005 08:15:31
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  10:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Oneisraelite said:

Anyway, no offense was intended and I most certainly was not trying to misquote you.

Yes you were! You changed what Bondservant wrote into what you thought he should say. I think my complaint might just be that you need to look up the definition and constructive usage of "quote". You do not understand that when you change someone's words while quoting them, that is misquoting.

Good reality check though. Thanks.

Edited by - David Merrill on 30 Mar 2005 17:00:26
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2005 :  14:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings brothers and sisters of ecclesia.org
Peace be unto the house.
We wrote to David Merrill privately, but he insisted that we bring it to the open forum once more, something which we deemed to be a waste of your valuable time. Yahuwâh willing, this will be the only defense we make of this issue before this tribunal.
As usual, David Merrill, you are the accuser of the brethren, as is almost always the case, and interestingly enough it is generally only you. And we further put forth that it is our opinion, and only an opinion, that you are a false accuser by intentionally trying to deceive and distract these good people.
quote:
My original unintentional misquote of Bondservant: "This forum wasn't created...to conduct "mind games" of cleverness and sharp tongues. The true ecclesia despises these worldly games of "wit"<sic>. – Bondservant"

quote:
"Greetings Bondservant: Peace be unto the house. I apologize for making the change in your quote from "whit" to "wit". I naturally presumed that the games you were referring to in the second sentence were the "mind games" of cleverness you explicitly named in the sentence preceding it, which of course refers to "wit". Anyway, no offense was intended and I most certainly was not trying to misquote you." [Emphasis added]

For David Merrill to adamantly make the accusation, “Yes you were!”, means that David Merrill could be certain of my intentions, since I qualified my statement with the word “trying”. As Yahuwâh is my witness, I assure you that he is not privy to my objectives, particularly since he is totally wrong in his accusation!
Would a rational man or woman come to the conclusion, as David Merrill apparently has done, that a man was intentionally “trying to deceive” everyone, when that man had taken the initiative to note his change with <sic>, though admittedly misapplied it would seem considering the following defintion.
sic adv. Thus; so: used within brackets, [sic], to show that a quoted passage, esp. one containing some error or something questionable, is precisely reproduced. – Webster’s New World Dictionary of the English Language, copyright 1988-96, page 1245
I stand corrected in the wrongful use of <sic> and nothing more. For that error I humbly apologize. Let us be done with this distracting nonsense once and for all.
Thank you for your time and attention to this instant matter.
Sincerely,
brother Robert:

Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2005 :  14:37:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
For David Merrill to adamantly make the accusation, “Yes you were!”, means that David Merrill could be certain of my intentions, since I qualified my statement with the word “trying”.

Incorrect. I was certain of what you did and what you admitted to doing. You changed a quotation of Bondservant's from what he said to what you thought he must have meant. That is misquoting. You are getting famous for it around here.

quote:
As usual, David Merrill, you are the accuser of the brethren, as is almost always the case, and interestingly enough it is generally only you. And we further put forth that it is our opinion, and only an opinion, that you are a false accuser by intentionally trying to deceive and distract these good people.

Ergo I opened this Topic. It is curious to me that I am the only one insisting on you telling the truth by quoting others correctly.

quote:
You admit

And we are sure everyone agrees, it is justness and accuracy we should all be seeking, is it not?

And that is the heart of advanced-resonance inductive plasma physics. Falsity dampens resonance. So please just cut-and-paste from now on without alteration.

Edited by - David Merrill on 31 Mar 2005 19:17:37
Go to Top of Page

I. Scriabin

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  23:28:41  Show Profile  Send I. Scriabin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting exchange - reminds me of the apostles who followed Messiah early on into their adventure - it took them a while but they eventually mastered the art of kindness with humility and a well tempered ego. I see encouraging signs of growth in all the participants - two steps forward and one step back...

Resonance is a fascinating phenomenon - it kept Nikola Tesla (and others) occupied for many years in exploration of it's power to magnify and propogate. A loaded resonance is dampened, but not fatally, provided its' source of energy is not overwhelmed. It continues to ring true, albeit somewhat attenuated, until the load is abated.

Standing by for more discourse on this very hot topic!!

Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  09:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The formation of a spoof by the same title on a Christian Common Law site has me examining some interesting reverb.

Charles known in these Pages of course has formed this website and has taken a venomous dislike to me. Yesterday a new member spoke up in such similar outrage and verbiage I thought it must be Charles disguising himself. Then the new member made himself site Admin. I thought, "Charles must be freaking out trying to get those switches in place so that new members cannot make themselves Admin." But it turned out the new member is Charles' 16-year old step-son.

Anyway, that aside it was interesting that a prankster in Sioux Falls registered a "Dr. Fill. phd" on Charles' site and put the email address I typically write from in its place. Well, I got the password and a subsequent response from "This Computer" (Charles') and was outraged at Charles for doing such a thing. It certainly looked like Charles was just ranting at me and maybe even a little worried that I was going to start ignoring him. [I have apologized conditionally for my presumption but it would seem there is no mention of that yet by Charles or his step-son.]

Back to the prankster in Sioux Falls. I wonder if that was a slur or if the prankster is actually experimenting with echo chambers like I do. I would never condone a false third-party registration like that, and will certainly put a stop to it with authority should anyone try it on me again. In fact, my presumption was based on my expectation that third parties cannot register falsely on any site. I am a bit dismayed to realize it is some sort of inherent honesty (or maybe fear of getting caught at it) that keeps people from doing it all the time. It is as easy as knowing the email address you want to pester!

So I hope the prankster found it informative if he or she is viewing things scientifically. I certainly learned a lot in a few hours.

The other side of this is really pertinent to the study I conduct in faith. What I have been referring to as "Christian elitism". There is an aspect of Christianity called "Christian Qabbalah" by the Jews - Encyclopedia Judaica; Cabala. It integrates concepts from the Book of Enoch and Jubilees heavily resulting in the concept of good and evil personified - even anthropomorphized (forgive me for making a novel form of the word). Angels and demons.

The literal belief that a demon can attach or infest a man or woman results in a judgmental attitude to say the least. Anyway, that is nothing new. It is this pumped-up self satisfying sense of justification that got Charles and several others expelled from ecclesia.org and started me pondering here on "Psychoanalyzing David Merrill".

Being that my Comptroller Warrant very likely had part in triggering the Montana Freeman Standoff I would not encourage anyone to follow in the footsteps of the Montana Freemen. It would seem that Leroy Michael SCHWEITZER is still rotting away in prison and I certainly would not wish that on anyone - especially such a fine intellectual. But it is coming clear that this Christian Identity (a broader term for Christian-based patriotism as I understant it), this Christian elitism is what burned the Freemen. God knows they certainly had banking and common law precepts down in theory.

So I. Scriabin if you are interested in resonance then under those conditions I would encourage you to monitor Charles site www.christiancommonlaw.org and his chat forum "General Assembly" www.christiancommonlaw-gov.org/GeneralAssembly" target="_blank">http://www.christiancommonlaw-gov.org/GeneralAssembly

Do not click into the contents, the discussions but simply keep an eye on the "Views" column. If you get interested in the contents enough to click, you will increment the view number and skew the statistics - especially while there are so very few people visiting and reading there.

As far as the construction of a court system. That will not go past Charles' fantasies. He will find no clerks and officers. Nobody will follow him down that road if the messiah of the doctrine is rotting away in prison.

That is what I feel is encouraging about this experiment - "Psychoanalyzing David Merrill". It is that this elitist justification to be extremely rude and ventilate in obscene profanity on others for offending your Jesus Christ is falling by the wayside quickly.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 13 Apr 2005 09:52:23
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  10:26:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your concern. Like I have mentioned before, that would certainly free up a lot of my time for other things. I have not seen The Village yet.

However I think that in the many excursions and endeavors you and others engage in, maybe you are forgetting or not contemplating why I would even put together these Topics. Analyzing them by the date I formed them might help. That would demonstrate thought processes. What ideas led to the next.

I was in a manner, that would be if nobody were to write more Posts, concluding my experiment with "Psychoanalyzing David Merrill" which is (by the first post) a direct extension of "advanced-resonance inductive plasma physics".

The statistics on Charles' site strongly indicate he was hoping to build his site from here. Largely Cut-and-Paste jobs from here in fact. The only Topics getting any attention are about me. Yesterday I began to be concerned that I would inadvertently assist his project to critical mass, where people might actually start trying elections etc. [Eric Wermel MADSEN has been trying that for over a decade, actually having a handful of people wasting their time with an unrecognized government Territory of Colorado. http://www.teamlaw.org/ amended - it looks like maybe Eric gave up trying to run a government structure.] At first I proposed that Charles' bitterness was due to the site flopping and him losing his investment, thinking God had mislead him etc. But now I surmise it to be a dying form of paranoia. I am glad to see it go, if my conclusion is correct.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 13 Apr 2005 13:22:19
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  18:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe the futility of competing with METRO is one difficulty in privatizing common law to Christian common law. But what about internal competition with a subset of METRO called Christianity - those 501(C)(3) congregations?

I think of the concepts of ecclesia. And I think of what Leroy Michael was trying to accomplish with the Montana Freemen and Charles Bruce hoping to rekindle that with a website...

In Colorado Springs there is some kind of Christian allure. There is the New Life Church and its attached World Prayer Center. I should grab a snippet of that for you sometime soon. Today I was cutting through a compound of at least six large buildings called Focus on the Family. I have been there in the past but never realized what a huge phenomenon this one Christian organization is because I had never been crossing the campus like today - just in and out of the main doors.

http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_Focus_on_the_Family.wmv

Regards,

David Merrill.
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  11:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to sit back for a moment and understand why you were being offensive to Admin. You were ousted from this forum.

It is not my place to speak for Admin and we might expect comment.

In context you were engaging in a self-building construct of crosstalk that built upon quotations, crosstalking between two forums. That is what annoyed me. Also at the same time on the other forum Charles Bruce was actively accusing Michael Edward (Bondservant) of being a cowardly servant of Satan. And so far as context goes, still is. I can certainly regard context with emotions. So you got shut out until you came around.

Now you are allowed back in, to write here. But it is clear to me you are dividing the parameters incorrectly. You do not yet understand why you were kept out. Your apology that allowed you back in is not in correct context. I hope you will and are allowed to stay. But try to understand what I am saying and Admin, add what you will.

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. I have not yet seen M. Night Shamalan's The Village.

Edited by - David Merrill on 15 Apr 2005 11:15:45
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  12:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notice and Grace:

It is appropriate and preferable for David Merrill to answer the questions straight forward on the Ecclesia.org Forum rather than elsewhere. We would prefer that.

In response to our fair questions David has posted the following:

quote:
David Merrill posted ….

You need to sit back for a moment and understand why you were being offensive to Admin. You were ousted from this forum.

It is not my place to speak for Admin and we might expect comment. . . . .

. . . . So you got shut out until you came around.

Now you are allowed back in, to write here. But it is clear to me you are dividing the parameters incorrectly. You do not yet understand why you were kept out. Your apology that allowed you back in is not in correct context. I hope you will and are allowed to stay. But try to understand what I am saying and Admin, add what you will.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

Admin does not and has never communicated directly with us as far as we can recall.

Bondservant has communicated directly with us privately on more than one occasion.

Bondservant has expressed his appreciation to us and has indicated that, he also, would like to see David answer the questions to substantiate the claims he makes and to explain as Werner Maximilian so eloquently put it “what the heck” David Merrill is talking about.

These are not difficult questions that we have asked so far.

If Admin would like to communicate with us privately, we welcome that. If he does not, we respect his privacy.

It is our understanding that this website is financed and administered by Bondservant and Admin. It is our further understanding that this website is run by Bondservant, Admin and David Merrill.

We believe that Bondservant and Admin have the right to tell Cornerstone Foundation what he can and cannot do on this website.

It is our understanding that Cornerstone Foundation is currently well within all parameters heretofor set by Bondservant and Admin.

If we are violating any of the administrators directives, if they will notify us, we will either amend our ways to please them or shake the dust from our feet and no longer ask questions here.

It is unlikely, but within the realm of possibility, that David Merrill is Admin. If we are again removed from the membership of this forum without being given a chance, by Admin, to amend our ways we may speculate that it is more likely that Admin is in fact David Merrill.

Admin has our permission to post either one or both of the letters we sent to him the last time we were locked out of Ecclesia.org, but only if he will post the letter in it’s entirety without editing.

If we are locked out of Ecclesia.org again, you may contact us at farmco7@yahoo.com or inquire by PM to other members of this forum to find where on the internet we are continuing, in good faith, to post David Merrill’s statements and soliticiting his straight forward response to those questions posed in good faith.

As we have stated in the past, it our hope that once the process David Merrill recommends has been analyzed, we will find that it is well grounded in organic law. If so. It could benefit a lot of good people. We ask you to join us in asking David appropriate polite questions.

We believe it may well be that we will all conclude this discussion with such favorable findings.

We thank David for all he does for all of us.

Respectfully Submitted,

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 15 Apr 2005 12:31:12
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  17:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It is our understanding that this website is financed and administered by Bondservant and Admin. It is our further understanding that this website is run by Bondservant, Admin and David Merrill...

It is unlikely, but within the realm of possibility, that David Merrill is Admin...

I am not Admin. However the View-rate had grown since my presence here. The "popularity" of David Merrill is demonstrated in the fact that over 300 Viewers have visited Charles' site about me alone and other Topics remain at between 4-30 Viewers. I have a certain allure. A "political pull". That is the only reason aside from Charles Bruces' assertions that you might think I am Admin here on this forum.

I have the control to keep from directly attacking others. I also have the ability being an investigative photojournalist, to argue my points concisely. Adversaries blow up and get kicked off. That is the way I see it Marty. You are not searching for the distinction between what I say and what you say - the reason you recently got kicked off temporarily.

quote:
As we have stated in the past, it [sic] our hope that once the process David Merrill recommends has been analyzed, we will find that it is well grounded in organic law. If so. It could benefit a lot of good people. We ask you to join us in asking David appropriate polite questions.

We believe it may well be that we will all conclude this discussion with such favorable findings.

You introduce a concept called "organic law". I like that. So far I am equating that with "natural law". For instance what convincted Cain of killing Abel? That is my portrait of organic law. Can we start a discussion on that?

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 15 Apr 2005 17:32:25
Go to Top of Page

Bondservant
Forum Administrator

382 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  20:33:40  Show Profile  Visit Bondservant's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Marty, you're so far off-base about Admin (Anthony Wayne) being David Merrill that it's the biggest laugh we've had in a long time. Why don't you ask someone like Manuel who Anthony Wayne is, what he's done, what he believes, and where he lives? He will be more than honest in his reply, I'm sure.

It seems that David Merril may be closer to certain truths than you or others would like to hear. I don't personally understand or agree with everything David has posted here the past 2 years, but he makes far more sense than the doublespeak some self-proclaimed "Christians" have posted. I don't like to use borrowed terms, but David has identified a certain mindset of puffed-up "Christian" elitism and identified it for what it is. Obviously, many who call themselves Christ-ians have no idea what it is to be Christ-like. David may not fit the pattern of modern religious Christians, but that's a far better place to be than among haughty elitists who use the name of Christ without following in the Messiah's footsteps.

You know, Marty, being the liason mouthpiece for Charles Bruce is not becoming of you. Perhaps you might want to change your persona?
Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  23:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bondservant

Marty, you're so far off-base about Admin (Anthony Wayne) being David Merrill that it's the biggest laugh we've had in a long time. Why don't you ask someone like Manuel who Anthony Wayne is, what he's done, what he believes, and where he lives? He will be more than honest in his reply, I'm sure.

It seems that David Merril may be closer to certain truths than you or others would like to hear. I don't personally understand or agree with everything David has posted here the past 2 years, but he makes far more sense than the doublespeak some self-proclaimed "Christians" have posted. I don't like to use borrowed terms, but David has identified a certain mindset of puffed-up "Christian" elitism and identified it for what it is. Obviously, many who call themselves Christ-ians have no idea what it is to be Christ-like. David may not fit the pattern of modern religious Christians, but that's a far better place to be than among haughty elitists who use the name of Christ without following in the Messiah's footsteps.

You know, Marty, being the liason mouthpiece for Charles Bruce is not becoming of you. Perhaps you might want to change your persona?

That's all.

Peace Mark

P.S. Sorry, I just can't express it any other way.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the council of saints is understanding: for to know the law is the character of a sound mind."

Edited by - Mark on 16 Apr 2005 00:07:25
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  04:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1st Matter:
Quote: "Marty; It is your perspective that stultifies you seeing many of my points."

STULTIFY, v.t. [L., foolish; to make.] 1. To make foolish; to make one a fool. - Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language

Late Latin stultificare, to make foolish : Latin stultus, foolish... - The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Copyright © 2000 [Emphasis added]

Your statement above, according to the apparent original meaning of the word stultify and 2nd witnessed by the etymology of that word says, translated, it is your perspective [Marty] that makes you foolish, or, it is your perspective [Marty] that makes you a fool, hence the Scriptural warning we posted on the other thread.

2nd Matter:
Quote: "So please leave us not to infer he is speaking through you, Oneisraelite, his agent."

A'GENT, n. 3. A substitute, deputy, or factor; one entrusted with the business of another... - (Ibid.)

...and there is no new thing under the sun. As usual, a false accusation [or inference, perhaps], and since this vain accusation [or inference] has no honour, I honour it no further than this simple rebuttal. The only ones who speak through me are my Masters, Yahushua, the messiah, and his and our Supreme Suveran, Yahuwâh.

And it came to pass, as Yahushua sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

3rd Matter:
Quote: “The FBI is my agency to use as I wish, at my pleasure.” [Emphasis added]

If they are your agents then you are their master. The works of the agent is the reflection of the works of his master, and the master will be held directly responsible for the actions of his agents.

...thou savourest not the things that be of God [sic] [Yahuwâh], but the things that be of men.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 16 Apr 2005 05:53:52
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  09:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I have been using "stultify" incorrectly. It also means, "To bring to naught; nullify." but I was using it to mean that progress is stopped. That a certain perspective was keeping Marty from understanding my point of view. Of course it would help if I used English correctly.

About the inference you were speaking for Charles. All I had to go on was a verse about calling someone a fool. Since I was using stultify incorrectly, I did not know what you were talking about. I am sorry my misuse of the word led to a misunderstanding.

On your final point about the FBI. Leroy Michael is still in jail as far as I know. The main contention between Charles Bruce and myself arose when I disputed that Tens, Hundreds, Parishes etc. could be successfully formed. It is clear they cannot exist in competition with home rule cities and towns. That is the positive law jural society formed under UN charter and combinatorial mathematics. City of XXXXXX/METRO. Well I got that point across clearly and Charles got all upset about it.

It is pretty much a self-solving problem anyway. If people were flocking toward formation then I would likely be among them. But they are not doing that. They already have with METRO organization. Charles is beating a dead horse and it would be a shame if he got a handful of folks out on that limb.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Edited by - David Merrill on 16 Apr 2005 09:18:01
Go to Top of Page

Mark

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  09:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously, I can’t speak for David’s intent of the use of the word stultifies.
But the meaning I derived from it was; “to render useless or ineffectual; cripple.”

quote:

stul•ti•fy
tr.v. stul•ti•fied, stul•ti•fy•ing, stul•ti•fies

1. To render useless or ineffectual; cripple.
2. To cause to appear stupid, inconsistent, or ridiculous.
3. Law. To allege or prove insane and so not legally responsible.

[Late Latin stultificre, to make foolish : Latin stultus, foolish; see stel- in Indo-European Roots + Latin -ficre, -fy.]stulti•fi•cation (-f-kshn) n.
stulti•fier n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

I think the spirit (intent) of the word and not the letter (root), would apply here.

I also think that when talking to oneisraelite, one must proceed cautiously as walking through a mine field. “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”

Peace,
Mark

Edited by - Mark on 16 Apr 2005 09:41:40
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2005 :  09:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I have been using stultify correctly. Like hobbled or crippled.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000