Instruction in His Word
 Bear's First Person, Amplified Deuteronomy 28
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2005 :  12:10:34  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Deuteronomy 28
1Since I listen diligently to the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, and am watchful to do all His commandments which He has commanded me this day, Jahowah my Mighty Creator will set me on high above all the nations of the earth.
2And all these blessings come upon me and overtake me since I heed the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator.
3I am blessed in the city and I am blessed in the field.
4Blessed is the fruit of my body and the fruit of my ground and the fruit of my beasts, the increase of my cattle and the heardlings of my flock.
5 I am blessed in my basket and my kneading trough.
6 I am blessed when I come in and I am blessed when I go out.
7Jahowah causes my enemies who rise up against me to be defeated before my face; they come out against me one way and flee before me seven ways.
8Jahowah commands the blessing upon me in my storehouse; He commands a blessing upon all that I undertake. He blesses me in the land which Jahowah my Mighty Creator gives me.
9Jahowah establishes me as a man/woman set-apart to Himself, as He has sworn to me, since I keep the commandments of Jahowah my Mighty Creator and walk in His ways.
10All people of the earth see that I am called by His name and that I walk in His presence and they are afraid of me.
11And Jahowah makes me have a surplus of prosperity, through the fruit of my body, of my livestock, and of my ground, in the land which Jahowah swore to my fathers to give me.
12Jahowah opens to me His good treasury , the heavens, to give the rain of my land in its season and blesses all the work of my hands; and I lend to many nations, but I do not borrow.
13And Jahowah makes me the head, and not the tail; and I am above only, and I am not beneath, since I heed the commandments of Jahowah my Mighty Creator which He has commanded me this day and I am watchful to do them.
14And I do not turn aside from any of the words which He has commanded me this day, to the right hand or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

15But if I will not obey the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, being watchful to do all His commandments and His statutes which He commands ME this day, then all these curses shall come upon ME and overtake ME :

• Cursed shall I be in the city
• cursed shall I be in the field.
• Cursed shall be my basket and my kneading trough.
• Cursed shall be the fruit of my body
• Cursed shall be my land
• Cursed shall be the increase of my cattle and the increase of my sheep.
• Cursed shall I be when I come in
• Cursed shall I be when I go out.
• Jahowah shall send me curses, confusion, and rebuke in every enterprise to which I set my hand, until I am destroyed , perishing quickly because of the evil of my doings by which I have forsaken Him; Moses and Jah as one; or, Jahshuwah and Jah as one.
• The curse of the cattle-plague will cling to me until He has consumed me from the land into which I go to possess.
• Jahowah will smite me with a wasting disease of the lungs
• Jahowah will smite me with fever
• Jahowah will smite me with inflammation
• Jahowah will smite me with fiery heat
• Jahowah will smite me with sword
• Jahowah will smite me with drought
• Jahowah will smite me with blight
• Jahowah will smite me with rust
• And these things will consume me until I perish.
• The heavens over my head shall be brass and the earth under I shall be iron.
• Jahowah shall make the rain of my land powdered soil and dust; from the heavens it shall come down upon me until I am destroyed.
• Jahowah shall cause me to be struck down before my enemies; I shall go out one way against them and flee seven ways before them
• I shall be tossed to and fro and be a terror among all the kingdoms of the earth.
• My dead body shall be food for all the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and there shall be no one to frighten them away.
• Jahowah will smite me with the inflamed spots or eruptions of Egypt
• Jahowah will smite me with tumors or hemorrhoids
• Jahowah will smite me with the scurvy or a scab
• Jahowah will smite me with the itch or an eruptive disease.
• Jahowah will smite me with an angry spirit
• Jahowah will smite me with blindness
• Jahowah will smite me with a destruction of my courage or resolution by exciting dread or apprehension; I will be confused or disoriented; I will be in a state of mental numbness, resulting from shock; a daze. I will grope at noonday as the blind grope in darkness.
• I shall not advance, prosper, make progress, succeed, or be profitable in my ways
• I shall be only pressed upon, oppressed, violated, defrauded, have violence done to me, wronged, and extorted. I shall be robbed by force continually
• There shall be no one to save, deliver or give the victory to me
• I shall betroth a wife, but another man shall lie with her
• I shall build a house, but not live in it
• And these curses shall be upon me for a sign and for a wonder, and upon my descendants forever.
• All these things come upon me because I did not serve Jahowah my Mighty Creator with joyfulness of mind and heart in gratitude for the abundance of all with which He had blessed me
• I shall plant a vineyard, but not gather its grapes.
• My ox shall be slain before my eyes, but I shall not eat of it
• My donkey shall be violently taken away before my face and not be restored to me
• My sheep shall be given to my enemies
• I shall have no one to help me
• My sons and daughters shall be given to another people and my eyes shall look and fail with longing for them all the day ; and there shall be no power in my hands to prevent it.
• A nation which I have not known shall eat up the fruit of my land and of all my labors, and I shall be only oppressed and crushed continually.
• I shall have poor mental health caused by the sights which my eyes shall see.
• Jahowah will smite me on the knees and on the legs with a sore boil that cannot be healed, from the sole of my foot to the top of my head.
• Jahowah shall bring me and my king whom I have set over me to a nation which neither I nor my fathers have known, and there I shall be forced to serve other gods, of wood and stone.

• I shall suffer from depression occasioned by terror, others will consider themselves superior to me in mental action, I shall be the object of a contemptuous saying among all the peoples to which Jahowah will lead me.
• I shall carry much seed out into the field and shall gather little in, for the locust shall consume it.
• I shall plant vineyards and dress them but shall neither drink of the wine nor gather the grapes, for the worm shall eat them.
• I shall have olive trees throughout all my territory but I shall not anoint myself with the oil, for my olive trees shall drop their fruit.
• I shall beget sons and daughters but shall not enjoy them, for they shall go into captivity .
• All my trees and the fruit of my ground shall the locust possess.
• The transient (stranger) shall mount up higher and higher above me, and I shall come down lower and lower.
• He shall lend to me, but I shall not lend to him; he shall be the head, and I shall be the tail.
• All these curses shall come upon me and shall pursue me and overtake me till I am destroyed, because I do not obey the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, to keep His commandments and His statutes which He commanded.
• Therefore I shall serve my enemies whom Jahowah shall send against me, in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and in want of all things; and He will put a yoke of iron upon my neck until He has destroyed me.
• Jahowah will bring a nation against me from afar, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flies, a nation whose language I shall not understand, a nation of unyielding countenance who will not regard the person of the old or show favor to the young, and shall eat the fruit of my cattle and the fruit of my ground until I am destroyed, who also shall not leave me grain, new wine, oil, the increase of my cattle or the young of my sheep until they have caused me to perish.
They shall besiege me in all my towns until my high and fortified walls in which I trusted come down throughout all my land; and they shall besiege me in all my towns throughout all my land which Jahowah my Mighty Creator has given me. And I shall eat the fruit of my own body, the flesh of my sons and daughters whom Jahowah my Mighty Creator has given me, in the siege and in the [pressing] misery with which my enemies shall distress me.
• The man who is most tender among us and extremely particular and well-bred, his eye shall be cruel and grudging of food toward his brother and toward the wife of his bosom and toward those of his children still remaining, so that he will not give to any of them any of the flesh of his children which he is eating , because he has nothing left to him in the siege and in the distress with which my enemies shall distress me in all my towns.
• The most tender and daintily bred woman among us, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot upon the ground because she is so dainty and kind, will grudge to the husband of her bosom, to her son and to her daughter her afterbirth that comes out from her body and the children whom she shall bear. For she will eat them secretly for want of anything else in the siege and distress with which my enemies shall distress you in your towns.
• If I will not be watchful to do all the words of this law that are written in this book , that I may reverently fear this glorious and fearful name and presence--Jahowah my Mighty Creator.
• 59 Then Jahowah will bring upon you and your children extraordinary strokes and blows, difficult to do plagues of long continuance, and disagreeable, malignant, unpleasant, painful, miserable, and vicious in disposition weaknesses, sicknesses, diseases, tiredness, and soreness in support, establishment, confirmation and faithfulness to these words.
• Moreover, He will bring upon me all the diseases of Egypt of which I am afraid, and they shall cling to me. Also every sickness and every affliction which is not written in this Book of the Law Jahowah will bring upon me until I am destroyed.
• And we shall be left few in number, whereas we had been as the stars of the heavens for multitude, because we would not obey the voice of Jahowah your Mighty Creator. And as Jahowah enjoyed doing us good and multiplying us, so Jahowah will enjoy bringing ruin upon us and to destroy us; and we shall be plucked from the land into which we go to possess.
• And Jahowah shall scatter us among all peoples from one end of the earth to the other; and there we shall be forced [by pagan laws] to serve other gods, of wood and stone, which neither we nor your fathers have known. And among these nations I shall find no ease and there shall be no rest for the sole of my foot; but Jahowah will give us there a trembling heart, failing [deficient in performance] of eyes, fainting of mind , and languishing of spirit.
• Our life shall hang in doubt before us; day and night we shall be worried, and have no assurance of our life.
• In the morning we shall say, Would that it were evening! And at evening we shall say, would that it were morning!--because of the anxiety and dread your minds and hearts and the sights which we shall see with our own eyes.
• And Jahowah shall bring us into Egypt again with ships by the way about which He said to us, you shall never see it again. And there we shall be sold to our enemies as bondmen and bondwomen, but no man shall buy us.

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  16:04:07  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
HOW I CAME TO POST MY AMPLIFIED VERSION OF DEUTERONOMY 28

I was reading in Deuteronomy when I came across this in Deuteronomy 17:
quote:
14 When you come to the land which the Jahuwah your Might Creator gives you and you possess it and live there, and then say, We will set a king over us like all the nations that are about us,

15 You shall surely set as king over you him whom the Jahuwah your Might Creator will choose. One from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner, who is not your brother, over you.

16 But he shall not multiply horses to himself or cause the people to return to Egypt in order to multiply horses, since the Lord said to you, You shall never return that way.

17 And he shall not multiply wives to himself, that his [mind and] heart turn not away; neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

18 And when he sits on his royal throne, he shall write for himself a copy of this law in a book, out of what is before the Levitical priests.

19 And he shall keep it with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn [reverently] to fear the Jahuwah his Might Creator, by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes and doing them,

20 That his [mind and] heart may not be lifted up above his brethren and that he may not turn aside from the commandment to the right hand or to the left; so that he may continue long, he and his sons, in his kingdom in Israel.

When I read this a couple of scriptures came to my mind:
quote:
Revelation 5:10 And You have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priests to our Mighty Creator, and they shall reign [as kings] over the earth!

Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no more night; they have no need for lamplight or sunlight, for Jahuwah the Mighty Creator will illuminate them and be their light, and they shall reign [as kings] forever and ever (through the eternities of the eternities).

Romans 5:17 For if because of one man's trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [Jahuwah's] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness [putting them into right standing with Himself] reign as kings in life through the one Man Jahshuwah the Anointed One.

I concluded that if these scriptures made me a king, then I should do what Deuteronomy 17:18-20 commanded and I began to write, not a verbatim copy, but notes out of Deuteronomy about whatever struck me as important. Pretty soon I came to Deuteronomy 27 and read:
quote:
11 And Moses charged the people the same day, saying,

12 These [tribes] shall stand on Mount Gerizim to bless the people, when you have passed over the Jordan: Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Joseph's [sons], and Benjamin.

13 And these [tribes] shall stand on Mount Ebal to pronounce the curse [for disobedience]: Reuben, Gad, Asher, Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.

14 And the Levites shall declare with a loud voice to all the men of Israel:

At this point, the Levites began to declare a long string of curses that come as a result of disobeying Jah’s Commandments, laws, and statutes.

I’ve always been one that adheres to the principle that life and death is in the power of the tongue and those that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Therefore, I keep a watch on my mouth because I don’t care to eat the fruit of death words. In this passage, Jah has the Levites and the tribes standing on Mount Ebal speaking what I would call death words out of their mouths and listening to them with their ears!? Then, I recalled an immutable principle from Romans 10:19, “So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of Jahuwah.” As a result of meditating upon this scenario, I concluded that having faith that if you transgress/sin that the curse will come, was not such a bad thing. For example, in Revelation 18:4 says, “I heard another voice from Heaven, crying, Come out of her, O my people, lest you become accomplices in her sins and must share in her punishment.” On this basis, I began to say, “If I participate in Babylon’s sins, I will partake of her plagues.” I said that on the basis that if I truly believe and have faith in the statement, I will avoid participating in Babylon’s sins. If I recognize and don’t participate in her sins, I can know with assurance on the basis that Jahuwah’s Word is true, that the plagues are not coming to me. I can also know, when the plagues come upon others, it is the result of their participating in Babylon’s sins. This rational caused me to go to Deuteronomy 28 and examine the curses more closely. I have been quite familiar with the blessings for quite some time. The first thing I discovered is that what constitutes the curses was buried under old English words that I did not understand. I looked up all those words and plugged the modern meaning in wherever it would help my understanding respecting what the curse of the law consisted of in today’s terms and the result is my amplified version as this is where most of the amplification comes in. As I went through this process, I came to a startling realization; most of the curses are what the majority of so called “Christians” spend their time praying about and asking others to pray about for them!!

Now, contrast the curse from Deuteronomy 28:15- with the blessings of Deuteronomy 28:1-14. See who the blessings go to in Deuteronomy 28:1-2:
quote:
1IF YOU will listen diligently to the voice of the Jahuwah your Might Creator, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you this day, the Jahuwah your Might Creator will set you high above all the nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you if you heed the voice of the Jahuwah your Might Creator.
Jahshuwah said this scripture a different way in Matthew 6:
quote:
33 But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
So, those who hearken diligently unto Jah’s Voice and are careful to do all that He says to do in His Word, and, seek, aim at, and strive after His Kingdom and His righteousness will have blessings chase them down and overtake them. There won’t be any prayer involved. Someone who wants to know what the Master’s plan is and help execute it in the earth is called a servant. Isaiah 65 describes the Father’s treatment of these types of people when it comes to prayer:
quote:
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they cry out for help, I will respond; and while they are yet declaring, I will hear with attention or interest and grant their request.
These people have no need for email chains or prayer lines. They have no need to seek out someone who has obedient enough that Jahuwah hears their prayers. They don’t need 1,000,000 people to bombard the Throne Room with prayer to get the Father to hear and respond. While they are crying out the Father is responding already. They will never say what I heard someone say recently, “G—don’t listen to me.” These obedient people are full of testimonies about how the blessings chased them down and overtook them.

So, in summary, it is my position that Deuteronomy 28 needs to be said out loud; both the blessings and the curses in order that faith may come that if we are obedient we will be blessed; if we are disobedient the curses will chase us down and overtake us. The resulting faith should benefit us each and every moment by causing us to avoid disobedience because we understand that when we disobey Jahuwah’s Word, either as it is written, or, as it is revealed to us by His Spirit, the curse is hot on its’ heals.

Also, Deuteronomy 28:46 says that when the curse comes upon us it will be for a sign. An intimate knowledge of what the curse consists of can tell you a lot about people. When you see someone that is walking and living under a curse, you can know right away that they are disobedient. Jahshuwah says in Matthew 7:
quote:
26 And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them will be like a stupid (foolish) man who built his house upon the sand.

27 And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell--and great and complete was the fall of it.

So people who are not doers of His Words, are fools. Proverbs has a lot to say about fools and what we are to do with regard to them. That is a study for another day.
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  14:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barry,

Thank you for what you have posted on Dueteronomy Chapter 28.

Deuteronomy 28...

1Since I listen diligently to the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, and am watchful to do all His commandments which He has commanded me this day, Jahowah my Mighty Creator will set me on high above all the nations of the earth.

2And all these blessings come upon me and overtake me since I heed the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator.

15But if I will not obey the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, being watchful to do all His commandments and His statutes which He commands ME this day, then all these curses shall come upon ME and overtake ME :

In a book exposing modern day Baal worship, Peter J. Peters states the following….
quote:
Exerpts from the book by Peter J. Peters entitled Baal Worship, Chapter 8 – Whom are you Going to Serve?....

Israel had a King, they had a government that was a Kingdom, and they had adequate prosperity with freedom, liberty, and justice. It should be noted, however, that it was not perfect. There were times when they had a Kingdom to renew and clean up. It was not a strong central Baal government of man that required money and forfeited freedoms and the lives of their sons and daughters. That kingdom required only obedience, love, and faith. Love {Yahweh thy Mighty Creator} with all thy heart, and all thy mind, and all thy soul, and believe that He reigns. How do we demonstrate this all-consuming love for Him? He gave us the answer: “If you love me, you will keep My commandments.”
There was a prevalent message in many of the “Judeo Christian” congregations we used to attend. The message they were presenting was:
quote:
The message the “judeo-Christian” leaders were presenting was….

“You don’t have to obey Yahweh’ s commandments because Jesus did it for you”
We do not see this message in the Scriptures. Instead we see Yahweh speaking through Moses and saying the words Barry has presented to us above.

We see Yahshua saying …..
quote:
at Yahuchanan(John) 14:15, 21 23…

If you love Me, keep my commandments;

He who has My commandments, and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will reveal Myself to him.

Yahshua answered, and said to him: If a man loves Me, he will keep My word; My teachings pertaining to the Law and the Prophets;and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
The Set Apart Spirit of Yahshua speaking through the apostle Yahuchanan also had a different message than what we heard in the Judeo-Christian Synogogues….
quote:
Yahuchanan wrote about “The Definition of Love” at 2 Yahuchanan 1:6…

And this is love: That we walk after His Laws. Those are the Laws, that, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in them.
Yahuchanan wrote of “The Test of Knowing Yahshua” at….
quote:
1 Yahuchanan 2:3-6…

Now by this do we know that we know Him: If we keep His Laws.

He who says: I know Him, but does not keep His Law, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

But whosoever keeps His Law, in him truly is the love of Yahweh perfected: by this we know that we are in Him.

He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk exactly as He walked.
Yahweh’s Set Apart Spirit speaking through Paul said…
quote:
at 2 Timothy 2:19..

Neverthless, the foundation of Yahweh stands sure, having this seal: Yahweh knows those who are His, because: everyone who reverences the Name of Yahweh departs from iniquity. (They stop sinning…sin is the transgression of Yahweh’s Law).
In 1 Kepha(Peter), Kepha under the inspiration of Yahweh’s Set Apart Spirit encourages obedience and expounds on the consequences of disobedience.

A wise older man called Richard Gackle summarized it for us years ago…
quote:
”We must trust and obey.”
Perhaps Richard had read and truly believed….
quote:
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Let us hear the whole conclusion of the matter: Reverence Yahweh, by observing; keeping His Laws, for this is the whole duty of man.
Thank you, Barry, for bringing these matters to the attention of the Ecclesia.

Best Regards,

Marty

Edited by - Cornerstone Foundation on 28 Jan 2005 13:22:52
Go to Top of Page

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2005 :  09:27:44  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
12Jahowah opens to me His good treasury,
quote:
14And I do not turn aside from any of the words which He has commanded me this day, to the right hand or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
Of course Jah has a treasury! He will open it to us. Let’s get in the treasure box by being obedient!
quote:
15But if I will not obey the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, being watchful to do all His commandments and His statutes which He commands ME this day, then all these curses shall come upon ME and overtake ME:
In Col. 2:13-14 Paul writes, “And you -- being dead in the trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh -- He made alive together with him, having forgiven you all the trespasses, having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the stake;…” Why then are the curses listed in the following verses of Deuteronomy coming upon the Christians? Deut. 28:46 says that when these curses come upon you they will be for a sign. John 3:36 says that the wrath of Jahowah abides on, “whoever disobeys (is unbelieving toward, refuses to trust in, disregards, is not subject to) the Son.” If you look real hard at the ones that the curses are coming upon you will find that they disobey, refuse to trust in, disregard and are not subject to the Son. So, the ones that Paul refers to that have the “handwriting of ordinances” against them being blotted out are the zealous ones; the ones striving to get better and better at keeping Jah’s laws, statutes and judgments; the ones experiencing a flowing in of Jah’s laws; these are not the cold or lukewarmers referred to in Rev. 3:15-16 who are spewed out of Jahshuwah’s mouth the same way the Canaanites were spewed out of the land of Canaan because their iniquity was full. The Canaanites were descendents of Noah’s son (Ham I think). They knew Jah’s Torah initially by virtue of being descendants of Noah, the righteous man, but experienced the flowing out [Lev. 26:15, “shall despise” Strong’s #3988: “a sense of flowing or running out”] of Jah’s Word that was finally so total that their iniquity was so blatant that the land itself was spewing them out. See Lev. 18:28 (“lest the land spew you out when you defile it as it spewed out the nation that was before you.”)If you asked the Canaanites, 'Are you subject to Jah's laws?' They would have probably agreed with the Christians and said, 'Naw, we're not, obedience to Jah's laws is for another time or another people.' Yet, the land itself knew the truth and was spewing them out because of it.
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2005 :  12:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by legalbear

In Col. 2:13-14 Paul writes,

“And you -- being dead in the trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh -- He made alive together with him, having forgiven you all the trespasses, having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the stake;…”

Why then are the curses listed in the following verses of Deuteronomy coming upon the Christians?

Deut. 28:46 says that when these curses come upon you they will be for a sign.

John 3:36 says that the wrath of Jahowah abides on, “whoever disobeys (is unbelieving toward, refuses to trust in, disregards, is not subject to) the Son.”

If you look real hard at the ones that the curses are coming upon you will find that they disobey, refuse to trust in, disregard and are not subject to the Son.

Cornerstone Foundation wrote:

We agree that there is much substance to what you have written above.

It is our observation that perhaps the concepts you have presented are most useful in examining ourselves rather than in examining others.

We agree that much adversity "if you look real hard" is a consequence of disobedience. We consider it appropriate, however, to point out that not all adversity fits into that category.

There are at least three other categories that adversity may fit into.

1. adversity experienced by a righteous man dwelling within a rebellious nation

2. fiery trials

3. persecution for doing what is right
quote:
Phillipians 1:29 says...

For it has been granted to you on behalf of Messiah, not only to believe upon Him, but also to suffer on behalf of Him.
Numbers 13:33 through 14:10 is an example of this in our history. Exerpts are quoted below...please read all the verses (and 20 verses before and 20 verses after those specifically cited to get "20/20 Vision" on this incident).
quote:
Exerpts from Numbers 13:33 through 14:10...

We saw Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak came from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our sight, and we looked the same to them....

...And Yahooshua ben Nun and Caleb ben Yephunneh, who were among those who had spied out the land, tore their clothes;....

....."The land we passed through and spied out is an exceedingly excellent land."..."If Yahoowah is pleased with us, He will lead us into that land"...."and He will give it to us."...

"Only do not rebel against Yahoowah, and do not be afraid of those people. They are only so much dead meat. Their protection has left them, because Yahoowah is with us. Do not fear them."

But the whole congregation spoke of stoning them,...
Concerning the last verse quoted above, the Geneva Scripture's footnote states concerning the proposal of the masses in stoning Yahooshua and Caleb for speaking the truth...
quote:
Geneva Scripture's footnote related to "stoning them" in Numbers 14:10a....

This is the condition of those who stand up for [Yahoowah]. They are persecuted.
For some suffering is the consequence of disobedience for others suffering is not the consequence of disobedience. An example of the latter is given to us at....
quote:
Hebrews 5:8 concerning Yahooshua...

Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience through the things which He suffered;
It is important to us that the reader of this post, understand that we are in agreement with what Barry has written in the quote above. Our post is merely expounding on another facet of suffering because we perceive some readers may misconstrue what Barry has written so well.

Respectfully Submitted,

Marty
Go to Top of Page

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2005 :  15:38:06  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It is our observation that perhaps the concepts you have presented are most useful in examining ourselves rather than in examining others.
I've consider that. What it does for me is increase my resolve to be the one that is blessed by virtue of my obedience. I want to be like Joshua & Caleb, Daniel and his friends, David, or Joseph. I want the Father to see what I do in secret in an attempt to show my love for Him and enjoy being rewarded openly. I want to be the wise man that hears Jahshuwah's Word and does them.

Also, "look[ing] real close" for those that are disobedient and living under the curse helps me understand that there isn't any chance involved; obedient people are blessed; disobedient people, people that never focus on how to show their love for the Father, are under the curse. The more obedient we are, the more blessed we are, and vice versa.

"Look[ing] real close" at those who are disobedient also helps me do the Word with respect to a couple scriptures in Proberbs:
quote:
13:20 ...a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

quote:
But the whole congregation spoke of stoning them,...
That is an excellent revelation. I had forgotten what the onlookers response was. They made them a target for doing and saying what was right. This still happens today.
Go to Top of Page

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2005 :  15:54:19  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
15But if I will not obey the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, being watchful to do all His commandments and His statutes which He commands ME this day, then all these curses shall come upon ME and overtake ME:
Cursed is Strong’s #779. It means to render powerless or to hem in with obstacles.

Many people don't recognize that when they are hemmed in with obstacles and it seems like nothing goes right and they can't get a break that it is the result of not being doers of the Word.
Go to Top of Page

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2005 :  16:01:00  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
• I shall not advance, prosper, make progress, succeed, or be profitable in my ways
If you are advancing or progressing you’re living in the blessing.
quote:
• I shall be only pressed upon, oppressed, violated, defrauded, have violence done to me, wronged, and extorted. I shall be robbed by force continually
This means to tear away, seize, plunder, tear off, pull off, rob, take away. This sounds like what the IRS does.
quote:
• And these curses shall be upon me for a sign and for a wonder, and upon my descendants forever.
A distinguishing mark and a miraculous sign to myself that I am not obeying His commandments & statutes and also that the Word works; and, it shall serve as a warning to others to not follow me on that broad path to destruction.
Go to Top of Page

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2005 :  10:21:20  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
9 Jahowah establishes me as a man/woman set-apart to Himself, as He has sworn to me, since I keep the commandments of Jahowah my Mighty Creator and walk in His ways.
See John 14:15, “If ye love me, my commands keep,…” See also 14:21, “He who is having my commands, and is keeping them, that one it is who is loving me, and he who is loving me shall be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” Also v. 23-24, “If any one may love me, my word he will keep, and my Father will love him, and unto him we will come, and abode with him we will make; he who is not loving me, my words doth not keep;”
Go to Top of Page

legalbear

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  17:03:56  Show Profile  Visit legalbear's Homepage  Send legalbear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Deuteronomy 28:36:

Jahowah shall bring me and my king whom I have set over me to a nation which neither I nor my fathers have known, and there I shall be forced to serve other gods, of wood and stone.

G-O-DS OF STONE
You pull up to a street light that is red at 3:00 am. You look carefully both ways to see that no one is coming. You ascertain that you can safely cross the intersection in spite of the red light because no one is coming for at least four blocks either direction. Since the light has no eyes or ears and you do, you conclude that no one could reasonably expect you to obey the light. You go through the intersection only to discover that the lights you saw four blocks away was a policeman who pulls you over and gives you ticket for running the light. What is the light made of? Usually metal. Where did the metal come from? The ground. What is it then?

Today, the government forces us to put our trust in it and in insurance companies, whose contracts and statutes are written on processed wood, instead of the Father. Or, those statutes are stored on computers that operate on chips that come from Silicon Valley. Where does silicon come from? Sand. What is sand? Little stones.
Go to Top of Page

Caleb
Advanced Member

Philippines
209 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  19:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by legalbear

Deuteronomy 28
12Jahowah opens to me His good treasury , the heavens, to give the rain of my land in its season and blesses all the work of my hands; and I lend to many nations, but I do not borrow.
13And Jahowah makes me the head, and not the tail; and I am above only, and I am not beneath,
since I heed the commandments of Jahowah my Mighty Creator which He has commanded me this day and I am watchful to do them.

• I shall build a house, but not live in it
• All these things come upon me because I did not serve Jahowah my Mighty Creator with joyfulness of mind and heart in gratitude for the abundance of all with which He had blessed me
• I shall plant a vineyard, but not gather its grapes.
• My sheep shall be given to my enemies
• I shall have no one to help me
• My sons and daughters shall be given to another people and my eyes shall look and fail with longing for them all the day ; and there shall be no power in my hands to prevent it.
• A nation which I have not known shall eat up the fruit of my land and of all my labors, and I shall be only oppressed and crushed continually.
• I shall have poor mental health caused by the sights which my eyes shall see.
• I shall beget sons and daughters but shall not enjoy them, for they shall go into captivity .
• All my trees and the fruit of my ground shall the locust possess.
• The transient (stranger) shall mount up higher and higher above me, and I shall come down lower and lower.
He shall lend to me, but I shall not lend to him; he shall be the head, and I shall be the tail.
• All these curses shall come upon me and shall pursue me and overtake me till I am destroyed, because I do not obey the voice of Jahowah my Mighty Creator, to keep His commandments and His statutes which He commanded.
• Therefore I shall serve my enemies whom Jahowah shall send against me, in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and in want of all things; and He will put a yoke of iron upon my neck until He has destroyed me.
• Jahowah will bring a nation against me from afar, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flies, a nation whose language I shall not understand, a nation of unyielding countenance who will not regard the person of the old or show favor to the young, and shall eat the fruit of my cattle and the fruit of my ground until I am destroyed, who also shall not leave me grain, new wine, oil, the increase of my cattle or the young of my sheep until they have caused me to perish.
• And Jahowah shall bring us into Egypt again with ships by the way about which He said to us, you shall never see it again. And there we shall be sold to our enemies as bondmen and bondwomen, but no man shall buy us.

So here is the challenge: Don't take this as a hypothetical "if" or "when". Answer honestly based on the reality of today.

1) Who in today's world is described by all the blessings? You and your family, or some other identifiable people? If others, identify them.

2) Who in today's world is described by all the curses? You and your family, or some other identifiable people? If others, identify them.

If you cannot readily answer the above two questions, then narrow their scope to only the blessings found in verse 12, and the corresponding curses.

3) Who in today's world "lends to many nations, but does not borrow"? You and your family, or some other identifiable people? If others, identify them.

4) Who in today's world is "lent to, but does not lend"? You and your family, or some other identifiable people? If others, identify them.

I believe that the answer is obvious. Painfully so. Anyone else care to be honest and start to seek a solution by admitting that we have a problem?

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Go to Top of Page

Jay Scott
Advanced Member

uSA
181 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  11:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Owners" of the Federal Reserve?

"Onwers" of China?

Jay Scott.
Go to Top of Page

Caleb
Advanced Member

Philippines
209 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2011 :  03:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Scott

"Owners" of the Federal Reserve?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

You're the winner!

So now the question is: How is it that Rothschild and their ilk get the blessings of Deut. 28, and we are stuck with the curses?

Aren't they the bad guys, and aren't we the ones obeying God?

Either God got it badly wrong in Deut. 28, or we are actually not obeying God. How can this be?

Go to Top of Page

Jay Scott
Advanced Member

uSA
181 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2011 :  09:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it a contest between the obeyers of the letter of the law (tradition/goat) and the obeyers of the intent of the law (heart/sheep)?

Are the sheep following their belly, not their shepherd?

Jay Scott.

Edited by - Jay Scott on 07 Aug 2011 09:12:04
Go to Top of Page

Caleb
Advanced Member

Philippines
209 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2011 :  20:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Scott

Are the sheep following their belly, not their shepherd?

Right again. See Matthew 6:24 - 34

quote:
Matt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

So the only question remaining is whether Rothschild & Co. are obeying the shepherd. Or are they receiving the blessings of Deut. 28 for some other reason.

Go to Top of Page

phonemobi

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
3 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2011 :  09:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IIRC, The Marine Office says profits from the operation of registered ships are exempt from income tax, or words to that extent. ARRRGGHHH!

Things can't be that bad, right?

Edited by - phonemobi on 14 Aug 2011 10:00:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000