The Christian family
 More of a personal revelation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DerekR

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  00:49:27  Show Profile  Visit DerekR's Homepage  Send DerekR an AOL message  Send DerekR an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Of the people you ask, "What is the purpose of life?" or better what purpose do we serve?, most would not have a coherent answer, I still dont. Most people struggle with the answer for their entire lives, never understanding what our (or their) purpose is. I believe that those who do not believe that their is some other being, who has created us for a purpose, are so stumped by the question that they force themselves to believe that there is no purpose. Yet there are those, who hide behind religion and God. When they dont know what to do in life "I will let God guide my way", or an unthinkable situation occurs, "it is what God intended". They believe in such lack of personal difference in the world, that they would rather think it was meant to be, than think God had nothing to do with it, that he gave us free choice.

MY revelation, is that I should not attempt to determine the meaning of life as a future concept, I should not contemplate what purpose I will server tomorrow, or the days to come. I will just end up spending my entire life asking. I know the purpose, everyone does. I should follow the purpose I know, and just live. And when the day comes that I leave this material (figuratively and ) world, it will not be for me to ask, but for God to ask me. Son, what was the purpose of your life? What purpose did you serve?

The thing that troubles me the most is, that there are people out there, who are content knowing that when they are judged with all the truths of their lives by God, they will burn forever. And as I write this, I realize that these people do not care. For they have already been burning forever.

True North
Advanced Member

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  08:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Derek

A personal revelation also comes when people start to see that the book is about Government.

Look at Acts 7:19-21 ... Moses was a god... When you understand that all judgement(s) is/are made by a god, the perspective of bowing down to idols, becomes clear.

What is my part in this Kingdom? To go and make students while serving them.

TN
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  19:19:16  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The purpose of life is to live. Life is its own purpose. Life is its own end and the means to its own end. "I have come that men may have life abundant . . . I come not to take men's lives, but to save them."

Corrupt government is the destroyer of life. Good government protects life and allows the living to live abundantly.

I stopped looking for the purpose to life when I realized it is to be alive now, which automatically ensures life in the future. "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna . . . to eat of the tree of life . . ."

Eternal life is now, not after you die. It begins now. In the love of God it endures forever.

True North is right on. The book is about government. It has nothing to do with religion except to condemn religion. "Religion" comes from the latin, "re" + "liege" meaning to be bound again. To practice religion is to say that one constantly needs to be reunited with God, that one is continually undergoing separation. But when we see the truth, we see that God is love and we give up childish religions and instead serve him with full faith and will. Then we are one with him, and we become "a pillar in the house, no more to go out."

-- Berkano
Go to Top of Page

True North
Advanced Member

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  22:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The primary function of religion is to protect people from a direct experience with Him.

Jung

TN
Go to Top of Page

Rei

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  09:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While in prayer yesterday, concerning an answer to a long term problem, the words "one day at a time" came to me and that was all. So, I reflected on those words which considered past history, my readings in God's word and the peace that came over me and the matter was settled. Then possibilities started occuring to me that had not been evident before and I felt a new enthusiasm for the next day;"The Lord Willing".

All of this is of course "foolish" to those that are perishing. If I suggest a God's word answer they dismiss the suggestion as too simple and it could not work. This is the evidence of reason verses faith and the presumptious nature of sinful man to think evil.

Indeed the purpose of life is to live. Choose life. Support that which is good and reject evil to the greatest extent that you can. Cunning and deceitful men have devised "Traps" that the living are in today. The next exodus is comming to a neighborhood near you soon. Be alert and vigiliat.

Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  06:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings DerekR:

Peace be unto the house.

Read and re-read, and read again, True North's posts here!! There is much wisdom in few words. And if you doubt him when he tells you that Mosheh [Moses] was a "god", here is the #1 definiton, from Brown-Driver-Briggs', of the word 'elohiym, the word most often translated "god" in the Scripture: "1a) rulers, judges". This is precisely why Shaul/Paul correctly stated: "there be gods many, and lords many".

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear [Revere] Yahowah, and keep his Commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Or to put it another way, this is the purpose of life!

We feel reverence for a parent, and for an upright magistrate [master], but we stand in awe of a tyrant.

In the words of berkano: "Eternal life is now, not after you die." For it is written in the Law Book, Yahowah is the 'Elohiym [Ruler] of the living, not the dead!

My goodness, king Darius of Babylon understood more than most of us do!!

Dani’el 6:25-26 Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you. I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the ‘El of Dani'el: for he is the living ‘El, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

[‘El is shortened from ‘ayil and means, “specifically chief (politically)”!!]

And since Babylon has yet to fall, this decree still stands, for it is written: "...no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed." (Dani'el 6:15b)

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 12 Jan 2005 08:34:42
Go to Top of Page

eagle

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  12:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow all these posts are great!
As a saint of the most High JESUS CHRIST...I too have found purpose in this life, and that is to love, worship, praise...and serve HIM as a witness of all that HE is..and wants to be..to whomsoever has ears to hear, eyes to see. I live, am alive now and forever..in the knowledge that I have died already to this flesh..this world..HE now lives and rules, in me!

YES, the Bible is a form of government to those whom have decided to become citizens of this most marvelous Kingdom of GOD!
King JESUS on the throne, yesterday, today, and forever!!

Edited by - eagle on 22 Jan 2005 12:19:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000