Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2003 :  19:08:08  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
The general way to proceed to pick up mail matter at the general post-office, instead of general delivery, can be as follows: Send, or have others send, First-Class mail matter (do not send a 'signature requires' class) to the main post office within the area of the Lawful Assembly,

directed to the Lawful assembly, such as:

the Christ's assembly
general post-office
Piru, California
Question: Is there any particular legal reason that the general post-office matter must be picked up at the MAIN post-office, as opposed to another station in the same town? Where I live, it is delivered to a secondary station and held there. Any other arguments with the post office here as to how to deliver it seem futile.

Is there any argument I can use to get it delivered to the main post-office? Isn't it just a matter of the Postmaster entering an instruction in the computer delivery system for it to be routed to that location?

If I pick up mail addressed to general post-office at the other location, would that prejudice my standing as a Christian using the mail for fellowship?

Edited by - berkano on 19 Sep 2007 12:58:39

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2003 :  01:58:40  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I came up with a few more questions surrounding this issue on the general post-office as I was reading through material in the Book of Hundreds area of the site. Please bear with me in these questions. I searched google and government databases for hours today and could not find what I was looking for.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------
When going to the main post office for the first time to receive general delivery, these items should be brought with you.

Family Bible and Baptismal Certificate. This shows who and what you are, and the Law you follow.
Sections 776-797 from the Postal Laws and Regulations of 1932. This shows that a request for general delivery, if insisted upon, must be complied with.
Section D930 from the DMM (Domestic mail Manual). This is the law concerning general delivery. It states that it's for transients and customers, and then goes on to limit general delivery to customers only, but does not limit it to transients.
A copy of Postal Bulletin #21877, issued 9-29-94, page 7. This shows that those without identification may receive indefinite general delivery. It also shows that the 30 day limit in DMM 930.1.4 refers to how long mail is usually held in general delivery, not to how long one can receive general delivery.
A copy of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, section 410 (c). This states that the Postal Service shall not require the disclosure of identification from any postal patron.
A copy of section A010 from the DMM. This shows that zip codes are voluntary under the law, for First-Class mail matter.

------------------------------

Where can I find Sections 776-797 from the Postal Laws and Regulations of 1932 online? I found the current Domestic Mail Manual, but could find nothing in the CFR or NARA Online.

Regarding Section D930 from the DMM (Domestic mail Manual), I cannot find the section in the current version that allows exceptions of ID for transients. Where can I find the version that states this?

I cannot find a complete copy of Postal Bulletin #21877, nor the sections of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 referenced. If anyone can post current links to this material I would be very thankful.

Blessings,

Berkano

Go to Top of Page

TJ

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  12:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A statement was made on 7/25/03 that "A copy of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, section 410 (c). This states that the Postal Servce shall not require the disclosure of identification from any postal patron". Where can section 410 (c) be found? Under what title? I need more information please. Thanks.

TJ
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  19:44:32  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TJ

A statement was made on 7/25/03 that "A copy of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, section 410 (c). This states that the Postal Servce shall not require the disclosure of identification from any postal patron". Where can section 410 (c) be found? Under what title? I need more information please. Thanks.

TJ

I have spent many hours seeking the things mentioned in your post and mine, and I cannot find most items. Please let me know what you net in your search.

Blessings,

- Berkano
Go to Top of Page

TJ

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  17:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Berkano,

I might have the answer to your question and mine below.

Recall the statement made that "A copy of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, section 410 (c). This states that the Postal Servce shall not require the disclosure of identification from any postal patron".

Title 42, Chapter 7 Social Security, Sec.408(a)8 and 405(C)pertain to disclosure of SSN as identification.

If any employer compels me to provide them with a SSN, I provide them with the following law.

"ASKING FOR YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IS ILLEGAL"

TITLE 42—THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE

CHAPTER 7—SOCIAL SECURITY

Subchapter H—FEDERAL OLD-AGE, SURVIVORS, AND DISABILITY INSURANCE BENEFITS

Sec. 408. Penalties

(a) In general Whoever-

(8) discloses, uses, or compels the disclosure of the social security number of any person in violation of the laws of the United States; shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Sec. 405(C)(i) It is the policy of the United States that any State (or political subdivision thereof) may, in the administration of any tax, general public assistance, driver’s license, or motor vehicle registration law within its jurisdiction, utilize the social security account numbers issued by the Secretary for the purpose of establishing the identification of individuals affected by such law, and may require any individual who is or appears to be so affected to furnish to such State (or political subdivision thereof) or any agency therein having administrative responsibility for the law involved, the social security account number (or numbers, if he has more than one such number) issued to him by the Secretary.

Sec. 405(C)(v) For purposes of clause (i) [the policy of the United States] of this subparagraph, an agency of a State (or political subdivision thereof) [look below to (vi) to see the definition of “state” for this subparagraph] charged with the administration of any general public assistance, driver’s license, or motor vehicle registration law which did not use the social security account number for identification under a law or regulation adopted before January 1, 1975, may require an individual to disclose his or her social security number to such agency solely for the purpose of administering the laws referred to in clause (i) [the policy of the United States] above and for the purpose of responding to requests for information from an agency operating pursuant to the provisions of part A or D of subchapter IV of this chapter.

Sec. 405(C)(vi) For purposes of this subparagraph, the term “State” includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
Sec. 405(C)(vii)(1) Social security account numbers and related records that are obtained or maintained by authorized persons pursuant to any provision of law, enacted on or after October 1, 1990 shall be confidential, and no authorized person shall disclose any such social security account number or related record.

Title 5—GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION AND EMPLOYEES

Sec. 552a. Records maintained on individuals

DISCLOSURE OF SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

Section 7 of Pub. L. 93-579 provided that:

(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for any Federal, State, or local government agency to deny to any individual any right, benefit, or privilege by law because of such individual’s refusal to disclose his social security account number.

(2)(The) provisions of paragraph (1) of this subsection shall not apply with respect to-
(A) any disclosure which is required by Federal statute, or

(B) the disclosure of a social security number to any Federal, State, or local agency maintaining a system of records in existence and operating before January 1, 1975, if such disclosure was required under statute or regulation adopted prior to such date to verify the identity of an individual.

(b) Any Federal, State, or local government agency which requests an individual to disclose his social security account number shall inform that individual whether that disclosure is mandatory or voluntary, by what statutory or other authority such number is solicited, and what uses will be made of it.

Any "disclosure of identification" as might pertain to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 most likely pertains to the nondisclosure of one's SSN under Title 42 and Title 5 as quoted above. This is all that I can come up with. Any other thoughts?

TJ

Go to Top of Page

godlyman

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2003 :  23:46:54  Show Profile  Visit godlyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings Berkano,

To answer your questions, a Post Office usually uses its Main Post Office to deliver general mail. However, if it insists on using a secondary post office, that's okay. It will not prejudice your standing as a Christian using the mail for fellowship.

We have an article on the general post office you may read here:

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/post_office.html

By the way, I sent you the Devoted to Truth Library CD soon after you requested it, but it was returned to me. The reason stated on the letter was that it was never picked up by you. It seems to have been sitting in the post office for a month before they returned it. Did you move? Or are you having problems with the post office? If you would like me to re-send it, please let me know.

Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  00:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Richard. Berkano and I just opened up the general post office in Eugene, Oregon, two days ago. It is his witness, so maybe he'll report in! {Robert, at Rectors corner, Marshall}
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  10:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert-James

Greetings Richard. Berkano and I just opened up the general post office in Eugene, Oregon, two days ago. It is his witness, so maybe he'll report in! {Robert, at Rectors corner, Marshall}

Robert James:

What were you referring to in the above post?

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  13:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Marty,
I needed to send Berkano some paper stuff, and addressed the mail matter to The Messiah's ecclesia,in the c/o Berkano, general post office, Eugene, Oregon. Berkano identified himself to a clerk there, as Being Berkano, representing the Messiah's Body-assembly-ecclesia, and received the mail matter...without a picture i.d. Berkano is who He says He is. Ben Franklin set up the postal service for American's. It is hiding within the U.S. Postal Service.
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  19:36:31  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
*general post-office*

I added a section to the brainwashington site that deals with the general post-office and customary Christian usage of the post. It is important for those who are ready to conduct business for the Christ's assembly outside of federal jurisdiction to understand and use the post properly.

This section has scanned images of postmarked mail-matter, essays, testimonies, and a sample letter of appointment that can be modified as needed by Lawful Christians.

http://www.brainwashington.info [click on the "GPO" tab at the top of the webpage].

I would like to build a gallery of postmarked letters sent via general post-office by scanning them and putting them online. Any interested please contact me about sending images for posting, or if you have a scanner, scan and email to me as many as you wish. The more clear the postmarks, the better. I would like to add in several hundred images bearing postmarks of many locations for the world to witness.

Anyone desiring to offer their testimonies of experience with the general post-office please email me and I'll post your witness on the GPO section of http://www.brainwashington.info. You may find my email on the website.

Berkano

Berkano
http://www.brainwashington.info
http://groups.google.com/group/GuerrillaVille
http://groups.google.com/group/brainwashington
Go to Top of Page

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  15:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Brothers,

I am sorry to tell you this, but you have no clue about using the General Post-Office, and staying in honor and out of "their" jurisdiction.

Every example of posted letters I looked at on your brainwashington website, clearly falls into the jurisdiction of the Corporation UNITED STATES.

Why?

Because every single letter I saw has a stamp on it which has "No Assured Value" to it. They either have no indicator or they have the letter "c" on them.

No one has mailed a letter with proper postage on it for use in the General Post-Office. There are only two stamps that can be used. Either you will use three 1 cent stamps or you will use a 1 dollar Red-Fox stamp. These are the only stamps that have an indicator of "Assured Value".

The last postage rate approved by Congress for mail of the general postal system was 2-1/2 cents for mail within the United States of America. Since they don't print a 2-1/2 cent stamp with an Assured Value on it, I use 3 one cent stamps. Brother Jay Vincent and I have successfully sent letters and mailers with Compact Discs in them from general post to general post using only 3 one cent stamps.

Peace be unto you.

Lewis
A Man on the Land on Washington as a Citizen thereon.

Edited by - Lewish on 25 Aug 2007 15:07:02
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  16:20:36  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lewish

Greetings Brothers,

I am sorry to tell you this, but you have no clue about using the General Post-Office, and staying in honor and out of "their" jurisdiction.

Every example of posted letters I looked at on your brainwashington website, clearly falls into the jurisdiction of the Corporation UNITED STATES.

Why?

Because every single letter I saw has a stamp on it which has "No Assured Value" to it. They either have no indicator or they have the letter "c" on them.

No one has mailed a letter with proper postage on it for use in the General Post-Office. There are only two stamps that can be used. Either you will use three 1 cent stamps or you will use a 1 dollar Red-Fox stamp. These are the only stamps that have an indicator of "Assured Value".

The last postage rate approved by Congress for mail of the general postal system was 2-1/2 cents for mail within the United States of America. Since they don't print a 2-1/2 cent stamp with an Assured Value on it, I use 3 one cent stamps. Brother Jay Vincent and I have successfully sent letters and mailers with Compact Discs in them from general post to general post using only 3 one cent stamps.

Peace be unto you.

Lewis

Would you please explain "assured value," indicator, and the other concepts you introduced in the above post, and why they are relevant, and how lack thereof brings one into federal jurisdiction?

Berkano

Berkano
Go to Top of Page

Jay Scott
Advanced Member

uSA
181 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  17:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LewishBecause every single letter I saw has a stamp on it which has "No Assured Value" to it. They either have no indicator or they have the letter "c" on them.

Thanks, again, brother Lewis.

I looked at the 1 cent stamp. It has a "1" and a "¢" (a 'c' with a line down the center). Are you saying no symbol, or the plain old "c", is not an "assured value"?

I have some old "39 cent" stamps. They only have a "39" on them. No symbol. Here's more. I have old "37 cent" stamps, no symbol. A "2 cent" stamp, no symbol.

Are you saying you would refuse post matter you received by the general post office that did not have either the 1 cent or the red fox stamp?

Jay Scott.

Go to Top of Page

Jay Scott
Advanced Member

uSA
181 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  18:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No big surprise. I checked a "5 dollar bill" and a "10 dollar bill" A/K/A FRNs and I did not find a $ symbol on them either. I suppose that would be treasonous.

Jay Scott.

Go to Top of Page

Mary

uSA
48 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  08:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has “Simon Says”, come to life??

All these so-called entrapments are fictitious, untrue, fabricated, invented, made up, pretended, conjured, and worse yet, they are never-ending!! As soon as one thinks he has overcome one, the powers that be can and will “make up” ten more.
It is a game of “Simon Says” where the one playing the part of “Simon” carries a “big stick” to force the other players to obey the rules of his game, which change whenever “Simon Says” anything. Is it any wonder that there are reportedly two and one-half million rules to the “game”???
The really scary part is that nearly all of the “players” believe that this game is real.
http://play.toontown.com/webHome.php?r=420144&r=356421&r=56801&r=550351

Psa 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
Go to Top of Page

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  18:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Sister Mary,

I have spent 2 separate vacations as a guest of the federal government, i.e. a political prisoner in a federal prison, based on these entrapments that you call ficitious, untrue, fabricated, invented, made up, pretended, and conjured.

Besides, what does what you have written have to do with using the general post-offic? Have you ever sent a letter flat, which would take an 81 cent stamp if mailed via the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE, thru the general post for only 3 cents?

Peace be unto you,

Lewis
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  07:17:11  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lewish, it is a good idea for you to write an outline and essay on what you know about the GPO and how it works and how to properly use it.

Berkano

Berkano
Go to Top of Page

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  18:07:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Berkano,

You can't even get my name right. It is Lewis!

The General Post Office is part of the original de jure govenment. It is tasked with restarting the government when everything has failed. Remember the movie the "Postman" with Kevin Costner. That is what he was doing, restarting the govenment. He may not have realized it, but he was.

Mail can still be sent thru the General Post Office. Every Post Office building I have ever seen, except for one which had no signs, has signs on the front which say "UNITED STATES POST OFFICE" and "UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE". Anyone ever noticed that fact?

Mail sent via the General Post Office is sent Post Office to Post Office and is held for customer call. General Delivery is a function of the Postal Service. Check out the Domestice Mail Manual.

The last approved postage rate for mail within the United States of America was 2-1/2 cents. This was approved by Congress in 1835. All other rates have been military occupation rates for postal service. The UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE was finally separated from the government and set up as a private corporation. It is operated by the IMF. No suprize there, as they are the overseers of the occupation.

Postage used for General Post must have an assured value. Read Title 31 USC Sec. 5101 et seq. if you do not understand what assured value is. Only stamps with a true "cent" mark, of which there is currently only a one cent value, or a true "dollar" mark, of which there is the one dollar Red-Fox stamp and the five dollar Washington and Jefferson stamps. These marks are from the money of the United States of America and have a defined value per the Acts of Congress pre-1861. In 31 USC 5103 the dollar has no measureable value. It is 100 cents, and a cent is 1/100th of a dollar. It is not related to anything else, and thus has no "assured value".

Does this clear things up for you berkano? If not, reply as to what is missing.

Peace be unto you all,

Lewis

Edited by - Lewish on 29 Aug 2007 18:08:41
Go to Top of Page

Jay Scott
Advanced Member

uSA
181 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  19:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lewis[h]
The last approved postage rate for mail within the United States of America was 2-1/2 cents. This was approved by Congress in 1835. All other rates have been military occupation rates for postal service.

Brother Lewis,

Is this a military occupation rate?

THIRTY-SEVENTH CONGRESS. SESS. III. CH. 71. 1863.
quote:
Sec. 22. And be it further enacted, That the rate of postage on all domestic letters transmitted in the mails of the United States, and not exceeding one half ounce in weight, shall be uniform at three cents; and for each half ounce, or fraction thereof of additional weight, there shall be charged an additional rate of three cents, to be in all cases prepaid by postage stamps plainly affixed to such letter. [Emphasis mine]

Download the full page:
http://memory.loc.gov/ll/llsl/012/0700/07370705.tif

I located this section by going here:

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llsl&fileName=012/llsl012.db&recNum=2

(If that link doesn't work, try this shorty: http://snipurl.com/1q3p3 )

Once the page loads, type "705" in the text field right after the "Turn to image" button, and then click the "Turn to image" button.

Be blessed.

Jay Scott.

Go to Top of Page

Jay Scott
Advanced Member

uSA
181 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  20:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lewis[h]
Postage used for General Post must have an assured value. Read Title 31 USC Sec. 5101 et seq. if you do not understand what assured value is.

Brother Lewis,

Thanks for your guidance. I looked through Chapter 51 of Title 31 but did not find any more information about "assured value". Please help me focus my study on the subject. What sections should I look at?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode31/usc_sup_01_31_08_IV_10_51.html

Here's the first three:

quote:
§ 5101. Decimal system
United States money is expressed in dollars, dimes or tenths, cents or hundreths,[1] and mills or thousandths. A dime is a tenth of a dollar, a cent is a hundredth of a dollar, and a mill is a thousandth of a dollar.

§ 5102. Standard weight
The standard troy pound of the National Institute of Standards and Technology of the Department of Commerce shall be the standard used to ensure that the weight of United States coins conforms to specifications in section 5112 of this title.

§ 5103. Legal tender
United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.

Am I missing something?

Jay Scott.

Edited by - Jay Scott on 29 Aug 2007 20:04:54
Go to Top of Page

Lewish
Advanced Member

uSA
496 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2007 :  11:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brother Jay,

To answer your question on the rate passed in 1863. Yes, this was a military occupation rate. At that time Congress was being forced to convene under force of arms. Lincoln had the military escort the southern members of Congress into the chambers, for they otherwise refused to go. That is definitely military occupation.

In you other post, where is an assured value for the dollar or any of the other coins specified? Previous to 1933, the dollar was defined as so many grains of silver. Where is a similar value specified in the current definitions?

Lewis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000