New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

curious1

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2004 :  22:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again.

This time I am asking for clarification to what I just read on the IL Supreme Court Docket Announcements for Jan 14th. Does this mean they are going to hear our case?

"Motion by petitioner for leave to file petition
for leave to appeal instanter. Motion
allowed."

"Our" side is the petioner in this case, since we are the ones who appealed to the IL Supreme Court.

Sorry to sound so dumb.....I've never dealt with the legal system before this ordeal.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part....Sure hoping to be heard by the IL Supreme Court!!!

Thanks for your time!

richjordan

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2004 :  03:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richjordan

[quote]Originally posted by curious1

Hi again.

This time I am asking for clarification to what I just read on the IL Supreme Court Docket Announcements for Jan 14th. Does this mean they are going to hear our case?

"Motion by petitioner for leave to file petition
for leave to appeal instanter. Motion
allowed
It probably only indicates token consent because the term "instanter" usually indicates that petitioner is only given 1 day to prepare and file it, which is usually not adequate time to prepare and file a meaningful appeal. It's probably the courts way of unrealistically and unfairly shifting the burden to the petitioner to induce petitioner's outright default for lack of adequate time or degrade the quality of the appeal work product in favor of the party opponent.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000