Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  15:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So in short at this time I dont know because the statements in scripture are not clear enough but lets see how it was calculated in 2005 what day was the wave offering done for the feast of unleaven bread ? then we can maybe apply the rules from there and see if the 55 day count works? To me it does not without manmade adjustments?
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2006 :  05:24:16  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have studied this issue in depth for a long time. It is clear to me that the Sabbath is not a calendar day at all. It is a principle. Calendars are all human devices.

The mind of the carnal man is looking for a day, a date, a word, an incantation, a statue, a paper, a leader, a weapon, a talisman, a charm, a miracle, or some magical thing to give him power, protection, or purpose.

The mind of the spiritual man is looking for a way to develop and ennoble his character beyond the bounds of his limited human understanding. The spiritual man is trying to increase his capacity to understand spiritual truth and obey spiritual principles.

The principle of the sabbath is intimated in this: For six days thou shalt labor and do all thy work . . . but do no work and rest on the seventh day.

What does this mean?

It means put your shoulder to the wheel and get your work done before you rest. Heathens rest before they do the work, going into debt and bondage or selling their children into bondage to pay for their present leisure. Then they never really have rest at all, even if they do observe a calendar day to disengage from work. They're still never disengaged from filthy commerce and compulsory systems of "buy now, pay later" ethics.

Build the house and finish it completely before you rest. God FINISHED all his work, then he rested. He did not rest until his work was done.

Heathens don't get much important done because they're going into debt and bondage to get free benefits without working for them.

This is what the law of the sabbath illustrates.

If you want to be technical, the lunar sabbath is the only one that does work most anywhere . . . but pointing out the correct lunar sabbath or Saturday sabbath or Sunday sabbath and refraining from work on that day does not fulfill the commandment to keep the sabbath day holy.

FINISHING the work and then resting instead of going into bondage is keeping the sabbath day holy.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2006 :  10:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in this thread someone wanted proof that scripture talked about a 13th month - well here it is - at least the way I read it. Ezk chapters 1-8 started in the 5th year 4th month 5th day and the next date noted is 6th year 6th month 5th day with him sitting. During this period he was lying down on his side for 430 days? I cannot fit in 430 days between these two dates unless a 13th month is put in? what do you think?
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2006 :  10:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to prove all things is not a bad use of time - you would not want to be observing something on someone elses (organization) word and calling it faith. If you can not ask and get an answer there is a problem - and if you ask they dont give an answer, they try to label you as trouble, or unwise, or not understanding of things. But the scripture is clear PROVE ALL THINGS AND LET NO MAN LEAD YOU DOWN THE WRONG PATH. If you dont know should you be doing it? It dont know the right time but I will follow something else? Or worst of all I do it because the Jews do it? If you know that it dose not work then that is definitly not the way to go (ie sat sabbath).
Go to Top of Page

stefree

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  18:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Berkano,
I recently read a book entitled "The Almost Forgotten Day" by Mark Finley and he wrote to the Astronomer Royal about whether the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) had been changed or altered during the changes in the calendars throughout the years....I don't have the book with me but will paraphrase the response and try to get the exact qoute to you soon....the Astronomer Royal said that they are the official body for keeping track of time and that Saturday, the Biblical seventh day has been unchanged from the beginning of time as any change thereof roused the ire of the Jews....it is pretty convincing evidence.....the 72 Holy Day Sabbatical cycle of the Israelites is still applicable today...only we are the sacrifices (Romans 12:1)...I was glad to see that you noticed the Ezekiel text about the gate being open on the New Moon and Sabbath....on a personal note....when I became a Sabbath keeper (long before I had ever read this text) I noticed that both God & Jesus were present on the Sabbath (unlike my Sunday experience), and if you read a little further along, the only other time that the gate is opened is when a congregant makes a willing Thanksgiving
sacrifice....(Ezekiel 46:12)....hence further evidence that weare to give thanks for the mercy (the whole idea of both the O.T. & N.T. sacrifices) so graciously given to us by God. stefree
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  23:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Berkano, except a law to follow from the CREATOR would be easy to follow - this is why the lunar concept works (I think this is why the moon is there). It rises 28 times every month (to the human eye) - 6 working periods and 1 rest. The long term lunar time is exact and it works everywhere (north and south) for every person anywhere on earth. The key that is ignored, and is a hard concept, is that the moon rise starts the period and as I have said before this way of time needs no adjustment. I know people here have not looked at this way of time because it requires a lot of time to observe this and log it to test it - but the fact that you can get a moon rise time today and look back 19 years and look this day up - it will be the same should intrest some people who look for facts and truth. The true calendar has never changed, the law has never changed, and the simple daily view of the moon is exact! Simple yes easy to confirm NO - you must go out and prove it day by day until you see the exactness of it.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  23:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add that with the lunar calendar hard verses in scripture about dates, days, and time, are no longer hard to understand or account for except one (count 7 complete sabbaths and .... 50 days or the next day being the 50th day) but if you look at new wine being ready and wheat being harvested (wheat needs at least 90 days) 7 sabbaths plus 50 days fits? we have worked this issue good.
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2006 :  23:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jambosas

I forgot to add that with the lunar calendar hard verses in scripture about dates, days, and time, are no longer hard to understand or account for except one (count 7 complete sabbaths and .... 50 days or the next day being the 50th day) but if you look at new wine being ready and wheat being harvested (wheat needs at least 90 days) 7 sabbaths plus 50 days fits? we have worked this issue good.

That is a good line of investigation. Unfortunately I don't think either of us have enough Hebrew and Greek to make a good case for it. Shall we come up with a sum of money, and pay a professional to exegete the relevant verses for us?
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  08:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The true calendar has never changed, the law has never changed, and the simple daily view of the moon is exact!

I believe you are dead wrong in making this assumption.

The scriptures say "he changeth times and seasons". There is historical proof that he changed the calendar at the time of the exile, and again around the time the temple was destroyed.

Read this website for the evidence, which is found in the archaelogy of every single ancient civilization.

http://www.12x30.net
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  12:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The epic of creation tablet from 1500 BC is a copy of the story of creation - in it in Gen 1:5 the translation is not the first day or day 1 it is "became part of one cycle". This is from pros - Ashurbanipal Library British Museum London. Once again a translation that has words for day in that language but in the Hebrew text they copied the word day is not there or they would have used it. Because everyone assumes they meant day translations insert the word day - even the Jews. You would be dead wrong that the law would change - The law never changes as scripture says! to change the time would change the LAW.
Go to Top of Page

jambosas
Advanced Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  12:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I offer proof that the calendar has never changed or been adjusted - what would you hold onto -a calendar that never needs adjustment or changes for the age -or a need for some alteration of time in the past to hold onto a calendar that needs adjustments every month and year because the heavens are off a bit.
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  02:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I offer proof that the calendar has never changed or been adjusted - what would you hold onto -a calendar that never needs adjustment or changes for the age -or a need for some alteration of time in the past to hold onto a calendar that needs adjustments every month and year because the heavens are off a bit.

So what did he mean when he said he changes times and seasons?
Go to Top of Page

Linc
Advanced Member

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  02:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After reading this article on the Hope of Israel website, I have no more objections to the Lunar Sabbath.

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/philosabbath.html

Based on the evidence that Philo the Jew, a good representative of Judaism at the time of Jesus, kept a Lunar Sabbath, and further more, based on the explanation given by Philo, that the new moons are not counted when counting the six days toward the next sabbath, I now believe the lunar sabbath is the truth.

This has the consequence that Pentecost would actually happen 53 or so days, by modern reckoning, after Passover.

This in turn leads to the conclusion that Jubilee cycles are every fifty years, so that the second of two jubilee years would be year 100. Whereas under the weekly seventh day saturday sabbath, the omer count would indicate that the second of two jubilee years would be year 99. This in turn means that after a jubilee year there will be SIX instead of five working years before the next land sabbath.

Hallelujah. Let all the brethren here read the article and see if they can explain away the evidence provided by Philo that the Jews of Jesus time did indeed keep sabbath by the Lunar calendar.

Then the real fight begins; do we count the sabbath from the local new moon, or the Jerusalem new moon? I say that we do it locally. Who needs international travel? If it is the sabbath at your location, you shouldn't be travelling. If it is the sabbath at the other airport, it will be shut down, which would stop your plane from taking off anyway. So in practice, local sabbaths aren't a problem at all. They can never be more than 12 hours out of sync anyway.

Linc
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000