Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  12:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hatred of His message and THE HATERS of His message is what is revealing. No other/s reveals more than that. Basic simple equation, for which the answer is within the "problem" itself.

I am,
Manuel
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  13:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, Manuel - too cryptic to bother. Just disturbing inferences like you try to sound all deep or something.
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  14:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David,
You can always expect Manuel to post some babble when concepts get presented that threaten 'black helecopter type' doctrines. I have begun to notice his responses like the one above come like clock work when the threads get down to brass tacks.

S

"Elohim is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent" Numbers 23:19a

Edited by - BatKol on 05 Aug 2004 14:12:59
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  16:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see;

Well I encourage people to edit Replies and to please complete thoughts. Half-baked slogans, incoherent platitudes and riddles do not interest me.

Not particularly this Topic, but I tend to think of ecclesia.org as a journal. It I was ever to spend time just reading through, I would not want to be spending a lot of reading time on things that only meant something to the author of the Reply.

Edited by - David Merrill on 06 Aug 2004 15:21:42
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  20:05:27  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Merrill

Dear Ambassador Berkano;
Please do not address me as "Ambassador." That title is one which foreigners who work in champerty and admiralty may call me. To you and those in the ecclesia, I have no title but Berkano. Inside the gate, let us keep things simple and uncomplicated. ;)

Peace be upon you and your house,

-- Berkano
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  11:51:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Understood;

I respect proper forum shopping.

Regards,

David Merrill.

www.jewishsoftware.com/default.asp?pid=106

Edited by - David Merrill on 09 Aug 2004 12:47:13
Go to Top of Page

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  14:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings to all,
There was a guy which "paid" a little visit to a head-shrinker. Upon sitting with the head-shrinker he began to scream and SHAKE-OFF a bunch of imaginary bugs and critters off of him!! The head-shrinker got up on his chair and began to scream, "YIKES!!! Get those things off of me!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  21:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations in the name of the King, brothers and sisters:
Peace be unto the house.
All this talk of peace with the "world"; could someone please tell us the opposite of this verse of the Scripture?
"...whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of Yahuwah."
Would it not be, "whosovever therefore will be a friend of Yahuwah is the enemy of the world [STATE]"?
Just a thought.

fellowcitizen of the commonwealth of Yisra'el, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL.
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  04:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back oneisraelite!

You bring up an interesting question.

You said: All this talk of peace with the "world"; could someone please tell us the opposite of this verse of the Scripture? "...whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of Yahuwah." Would it not be, "whosovever therefore will be a friend of Yahuwah is the enemy of the world [STATE]"? Just a thought.

Me: Here is an example from the NT which details a man who was both an active Centurion AND considered a devout, God fearing man. Clearly the apostles and YHWH respected this man:

Acts 10:1-2- There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian [band], 2 - A] devout [man], and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.... 22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

This guy had a day job as a Centurion, but was still a respected figure amongst the Apostles and God himself!!! Why did the apostles not claim this guy was 'serving two masters' if being attached to ROME was a breach of YHWH's Law???

Something to seriously think about when pondering the meaning of 'serving two masters'... ;-)

"Elohim is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent" Numbers 23:19a
Go to Top of Page

Manuel
Advanced Member

USA
762 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  12:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings oneisraelite and all,
Now, there is still the UNIFORM CODE OF MILTARY JUSTICE, by which disobeying a "lawful order" can lead to being "shot on the head" or "COURT MARTIALED." There is a prison (brig) called Ft. Levings-worth.
Brings to mind one of the "general orders" which we read from a MILITARY INSTRUCTION BOOK which the drill-instructors called the "RED MONSTERS." There is one general order which specifically comes to mind:
"I will walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on alert, and observe everything within sight and hearing." Then there was another general order which stated:
"I will quit my post only when properly relieved." Proper to who, if in fact a conscientious objector? - The 1967 SELECTIVE SERVICE ACT - 50 U.S.C. App. 456 - 401 U.S. 437 ? Unconscionable contract, U.C.C. 2-302, or to the suppression of evidence of due process of law?

I am,
Manuel
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  11:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://ecclesia.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=378&whichpage=3
Posted under Crosstalk; 8/11/04
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  17:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Ecclesia,
Batkol...very good observation! I mostly wait for other's to see what has been written. Yes, this must be put into the collective understanding.
Reconciliation...make friendly again, after an estrangement.
Condemnation is the other MINISTRY.
There are other instance's of the worldly helping those called out, many, in fact. Even listed in hebrew's 11!
Keep up the good work.
In fact, Yahushuah makes mention of "make friend's of them of mammon". "The children of this WORLD are wiser than the children of light".
The question's always beg: but what is "My" walk?
The son's of modern Israel, upon turning the age of 18 {maybe 16} in order to receive a DRIVERS LICENSE, must...no may involved, register for U.S. TOY soldiership...selective draft-service.
Everything is quickening.
Cornelius...a word study may be in order. He was a captain of a 'hundred'. [since most all are short on historical knowlege} At the time, in free state's, as in England, the people were organized into hundred's.
Randy Lee and www.hisholychurch break the history down. Cornelius may not have been a ROMAN soldier.
Assumptions? Rome was attacking England at that time, and many hebrew's from the Emerald Isle's were in Rome, trading as such things need be...and Cornelius may indeed have been one from the Protected Sanctuary. {All infer Cornelius was ROMAN}.
Cornelius bowed down to Peter...which A ROMAN soldier would not do, period.
So...me think's Cornelius was a captain of a 'hundred's', and not under ROMAN jurisdiction.
But then, if he were a Roman soldier, he still bowed and worshiped The YHWH. I have met cop's who do also. And with all their being, they hope we overcome.
All scripture is written on three level's. {maybe more]
One read's from his point of view.
A case in point: Genesis 1:7-8...the word firmament. Now, after study...where is Heaven.
Acts 1:11.
Go to Top of Page

David Merrill
Advanced Member

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  20:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Readers;

The Nazarene Gospel Restored is a masterpiece of inductive reasoning.

Compiling analysis of Matthew viii 5-13 Luke vii 1-10:

quote:
Matthew 8 and Luke 7 contradict each other and neither can be accepted as it stands. Jesus must have resented the centurion's view of him as a magician who could send familiar spirits flying on whatever missions he pleased. The lesson which the evangelists are preaching here, as in the case of the other centurion who glorified God at the Crucifixion, is that Roman army officers venerated Jesus, and with good reason....

Luke 7:5 is incredible since a Roman centurion could neither have afforded, wanted, or been permitted, to build a synagogue. And his obsequiousness, in both versions is out of keeping with his official status. It is safe, therefore, to assume that he sent a message to Jesus peremptorily ordering him to heal his favourite Jewish servant; and that Jesus, when he arrived, ironically praised the centurion's faith; and that, though he refused to compound with the Wicked Kingdom by entering the barracks, he offered up an effective prayer outside. The suppressed sequel will have been that the servant resigned his appointment, lest the illness should recur...

There is no convincing evidence contrary to the centurion being a Roman officer. Since "Apostille" is about authentication, it is germane to require you to be specific; to authenticate and cite sources accurately and if the author is available, in a manner that will not offend that author's intent (Randy Lee).

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. Using a search engine I found some prolific writings by an unknown author, maybe it is presumed by Randy Lee. However I lost interest before finding the timeline. Fix your link please.

Edited by - David Merrill on 15 Aug 2004 18:00:43
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  21:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations in the name of the King, brother Steven:
Peace be unto the house.
We are not “back”, per se, but do “drop in” every now and then, hence the long delay in answering your post, we do appreciate the warm greeting; thank you. We pray this finds you and Sunny, our beloved sister, and the little ones in good health, happiness and prospering.
Our answer to the question concerning Cornelius is this: Should you receive the “spirit of set apartness” [Holy Ghost], that is to say if you are “called out of her”, you too will receive a visitation while still a “centurion”, i.e. an AGENT of the STATE [all STATE citizens are AGENTS of the STATE], just as we were when we were “called out”. Clearly the apostles respected this man, just as we respect you "the man" [but not your "person" - ].
A “baptism” is a cleansing…
And as you no doubt know, in order to become a STATE citizen, a “baptizo” [cleansing] is also required, a renouncing of citizenship to any other STATE and obedience to any other ‘elohiym [ruler].

“Every alien applying for American citizenship must, as the final step, take the following oath of allegiance to the United States:
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce [reject] and abjure [reject] all allegiance [faithfulness] and fidelity [faithfulness] to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen…’” – World Book Encyclopedia, copyright 1974
[Bracketed synonyms supplied by MS Word 2000]

And Yahuwah said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign [be King] over them.

Pray this has been helpful.

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 25 Aug 2004 21:56:37
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2004 :  06:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robert-James said: Cornelius may not have been a ROMAN soldier. Assumptions?

Steve: All I can say is that the text reads "Centurion". In the context of the NT, I'd say
he was a member of the ROMAN MILITARY.

Robert-James said: Cornelius bowed down to Peter...which A ROMAN soldier would not do, period.

Steve: Really? How many ROMAN soliders do you know or are you just shooting from the hip? The story shows this man being both a Centurian and "a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews". Respected. Even had a vision from YHWH. I find no problem with this devout, God fearing Centurian giving deep respect to the devout Peter. I am sure Peter was also well known.

Greetings to you as well brother Robert and family!

brother Robert: Our answer to the question concerning Cornelius is this: Should you receive the “spirit of set apartness” [Holy Ghost], that is to say if you are “called out of her”, you too will receive a visitation while still a “centurion”, i.e. an AGENT of the STATE [all STATE citizens are AGENTS of the STATE], just as we were when we were “called out”. Clearly the apostles respected this man, just as we respect you "the man" [but not your "person" - ].

Steve: What I get from reading the plain text is that Cornelius was already a looked at as "devout" and "God fearing" before Peter's visitation, i.e. - already set-apart in the sense of the word. Set-apart to the point that YHWH had given him a vision and "Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God." This is a perfect example of a man having his pecking order strait. Not serving two masters. First place was "God", second was his day job "personage" which so happened to be a GOVT SOLDIER. Yet the Bible says this man was devout and "God fearing".
Very simple!

brother Robert quoting scripture: And Yahuwah said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign [be King] over them.

Steve: Even still Samuel instructs the Israelites in 12:19-20. All the people then said to Shmuel, "Pray on behalf of your servants to YHWH, your Elohim, that we not die; for have added evil upon all of our sins, to request a king for ourselves." 20. Shmuel said to the people FEAR NOT. You have done all this evil - BUT do not turn away from following YHWH, rather serve YHWH with all your heart.

brother Robert, respectfully, if you are correct in your assesment of "serving two masters", Samuel was giving faulty council in verse 20. Cleary Samuel understood that the Israelites could still serve YHWH with all their heart, in spite of the evil of choosing a king 'like the nations' who would do all of the bad things listed in 1 Sam 8.

Heck, even the covenant contract stipulates exile and bondage for breach of agreement. If one claims to be an Israelite, this is all very important when pondering the Genesis 15:18-21 promised land and the regathering of Israel/Judah back to the region according to Eze 47:13-23. Eze 47 is not speaking of the land we both are currently in.

It was good to hear from you and please pass our blessings along to the family!

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 26 Aug 2004 06:36:54
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2004 :  13:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings once more brother Steven:
Thank you for your kind reply.
Key words in the verse you quote for us: "...YHWH, YOUR Elohim" [Emphasis added]...not OUR 'Elohiym since Yahuwah was no longer their King. The people rejected Yahuwah as THEIR 'Elohiym [Ruler] and thus could no longer claim to adhere to Him. Yahuwah, as it is written in the New Covenant [Testament] allowed the nations to try it their own way for a time [in times past]. As we can see from the results [fruits] of their/our efforts without Him, we didn't do very well.
Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith Yahuwah of hosts. BUT YE SAID, WHEREIN SHALL WE RETURN?
How are we to return? They no longer knew in what fashion they were to return to Him...some still don't.
Peace be unto the house. - brother Robert:

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 27 Aug 2004 08:17:48
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2004 :  18:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you again brother Robert,

I follow what you are saying concerning verse 19 and "your Elohim", but having acknowledged that, I don't see where that had much bearing on verse 20:

Shmuel said to the people FEAR NOT. You have done all this evil - BUT do not turn away from following YHWH, rather serve YHWH with all your heart." (emphasis caps mine).

Why is Samuel bothering to say this if it is not possible according to what you are putting forth? See what I mean

You said: As we can see from the results [fruits] of their/our efforts without Him, we didn't do very well.

Steve: But it did happen correctly with YHWH and Israel under that old agreement (unfortunatly not for long):

"And he (Hezekiah) did what was right in the sight of YHWH, according to all that his father David had done. He removed the high places and broke the sacred pillars, cut down the wooden images and broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made; for until those days the children of Israel burned incense to it. He trusted in the Lord God of Israel, so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any who were before him. For he held fast to YHWH; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments, which YHWH had commanded Moses. YHWH was with him; he prospered wherever he went" (2 Kings 18:3-7).

Peace,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 26 Aug 2004 22:18:05
Go to Top of Page

Oneisraelite
Advanced Member

uSA
833 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  08:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations in the name of the King:
Peace be unto the house.
Here, in part, is what you respond with:
quote:
Originally posted by BatKol
Shmuel said to the people FEAR NOT. You have done all this evil - BUT do not turn away from following YHWH, rather serve YHWH with all your heart." (emphasis caps mine).
Why is Samuel bothering to say this if it is not possible according to what you are putting forth? See what I mean

Shama'el is "bothering" to saying this because AT THAT TIME ["in times past"] it was truth...
[Yahuwah]..."in times past [ages gone] suffered [allowed, but with pain and distress either to the body or mind] all nations to walk in their own ways"; but "in times past" means that age is over, the time penalty was fulfilled. We may still do as the ancient Yisra'elites did and reject Him that He should not reign over us [See Luke 19:14], the difference being we will now be held accountable for that choice.
But as you say, we have no free will, and you are slowly convincing us that this may indeed be the case.
Our love to you and yours. -brother Robert: of the house of Yisra'el

Edited by - Oneisraelite on 27 Aug 2004 08:30:43
Go to Top of Page

BatKol
Advanced Member

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  11:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings brother Robert on a fine summer day,

You said: Shama'el is "bothering" to saying this because AT THAT TIME ["in times past"] it was truth... [Yahuwah]..."in times past [ages gone] suffered [allowed, but with pain and distress either to the body or mind] all nations to walk in their own ways"; but "in times past" means that age is over, the time penalty was fulfilled.

Steve: Should'nt we read why and to whom this phrase was being said before we connect it to this subject? Here are the verses that come before 'in times past' to give the context of that phrase:

Acts 14:11 - And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. 12 - And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. 13 - Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. 14 - [Which] when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard [of], they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, 15 - And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: 16- Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Who was the line said to? Pagan priest and those who saw the leper being healed. "Nations" in Tanakh context often means non-Israelite which is exactly what these pagan people were. Paul was sent to these very people with his "gospel of the uncircumcision".

What was the line refering to? A) Calling Barnabus, Jupiter and Paul, Mercurius and B)attempting to sacrifice bulls and oxen to these men as if they were gods.

Why was the line said: Because Paul and company were in town preaching for them to abandon their paganism and accept Christ, yet they wanted to hold a pagan ritual in their honor thinking them to be gods! Pretty frustrating I admit seeing as the very reason they were there in the first place was to bring these people out of paganism!
The phrase 'walk in their own way' is actually the last sentence of a proclaimation starting in verse 15. What was the 'way' the pagans were 'walking'? Seeing Paul and Barnabas as gods to be worshiped complete with an animal sacrifice by the priest of Jupiter. Paul was saying that YHWH had suffered this pagan behavior practiced by the 'nations' in times past. Verse 18 shows that the speech worked and the pagans did not sacfice to the apostles after all,"And with these sayings scarce restrained they the people, that they had not done sacrifice unto them."

Note also that Paul and Barnabus were called 'gods' in a 'spiritual' sense, not a political sense. Seeing the healing of a leper brought the pagans to use the word 'god'. Politicians don't heal lepers.

Concerning a 'new covenant' that phrase comes from Jeremiah and has not yet been fulfilled as it is clearly written, "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know YHWH: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHWH". We have quite a way to go for this one!

Hey but at least we are on our way to agreeing on the free will issue.
Only YHWH has that power!

Peace to you all,
Steve

Edited by - BatKol on 27 Aug 2004 18:03:34
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  20:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings folk's,
Yahushuah exercised free will in laying down His life for Greater Israel. He had a choice, as in sweating blood in the garden experience. To blame YHWH-God for everything is not a masculine concept of the Truth.
No-one can refute Cornelius was one of the Hundred's. Caesar's or from the Emerald Isle's? ASSUMPTIONS.
Paul preached in Londinium, albeit the Jew's won't say so, but the Catholic archive's do say so. As does Anglo-Saxon history.
1-2% OF Israel lived in Palestine in 30 a.d. Go figure boy's.
As hard as it may be, think outside the box!
Is Steven trapped within the written box of the new and old testament? Well, the dead letter's are called just that.
Yoseph of Arimathea...who voted against the killing of Yahushuah, ended up in London. Was given 12 hides of land...1600 acre's. Still recored 1200 year's later, in the Doomsday book.
Think outside the Jewish-Catholic block, if ye are able too.
Again, at least 98% of Abraham's descendent's were NOT in Palestine in 30 a.d. This is proveable using no other book than what we call the old-new testament scripture's.
But who read's and think's at the same time?
Rome was busy attacking England from about 51 b.c. for the next hundred year's.
Was Yahushuah a "dodge" to keep safe the Family? Go away and think.
BTW, what "race" risked all to have the scripture's printed? Certainly not the JEWS. Go think again.
Wycliff-Tyndale.
BTW, did the JEWS ever proclaim the name of YHWH? Let me answer, "No".
They tried to hide the Name and the meaning thereof, and still do with their voodoo 72.
Proverb's 30:4. "Tell me, do you know the name of the Father and Son?
JEWS and MUSLIMS still BELIEVE yhwh had no son.
Selah!
YHWH called His Son out of Egypt. Oop's sorry to expose the liar's.
Father has a son, a many membered son.
Go figure.
The Body of Messiah.
Child's play, to those with a circumcised heart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000