Statute Law
 A $2500 bond-warrant for my arrest: DMV related
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul88

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  14:02:15  Show Profile  Send Paul88 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have not received a new court date and they scheduled my court on jun 1 which I did not know about. Now they are asking for 2500 bail. Anyone know of remedy for this? I do not have 2500$ and I don’t want to be arrested since that would limit me from doing any work. I think I would write a motion to drop the bail and reschedule new court date. I don't want to give them 2500 since it will be very hard to get back. Anyone has an example of such a motion?

True North
Advanced Member

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  22:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is always remedy

The original bail was to make sure you showed up for every court date.

Fraud at the onset, so sue, learn how or pay up.

There is a group on yahoo called lawworks, example software for suits at minimum price. Sorry to be cold and unhelpful but the King requires all.

Hey Lewish, let me into the yahoo group? pretty please?

TN
Go to Top of Page

True North
Advanced Member

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  22:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this but remember if you use statutes to defend then you are subject to same, maybe.

The Requirement of Notice
The existence of personal jurisdiction depends upon a sufficient connection between the defendant and the forum state to make it fair to require defense of the action in the forum and the giving of reasonable notice to the defendant that an action has been brought. If the defendant has not received proper notice, the court's power to adjudicate is imperfect. Notice is usually given by serving the defendant with the "process" (e.g. a copy of the summons and the complaint) of the court.

Service of process is governed by FRCP 4. The three methods of serving process are personal service, substituted service, and constructive service. Due process does not require that the defendant be served personally however, notice "reasonably certain" to reach the defendant is required. I.e., Notice must be reasonably calculated under all the circumstances to apprise the defendant of the pendency of the action. (Mullane v. Central Hanover Bank, 339 U.S. 306, 70 S.Ct. 652, 94 L.Ed. 865 (1950).)

How to analyze the issue of whether the notice given is valid
1. Is there a statute which authorizes this particular method of notice?

2. If so, does the statute meet the minimum constitutional requirements?

Attacking Notice
Defective service of process can be challenged by a FRCP 12(b)(5) motion to dismiss or the objection can be made in the answer. Defective service of process goes to lack of notice. Due process requires notice and an opportunity to be heard.

TN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000