Intentional Farming Community
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  03:14:00  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of any intentional farming communities or co-ops in the Western States that exchange a small stipend for farm labor? I have searched the Internet and ic.org, and most everything there is communities for people who already have income. I am interested in the idea of working on a farm or in an orchard for meager pay.

Edited by - berkano on 14 Feb 2003 03:15:51

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2003 :  19:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Follow the nomadic camps of the Mexican stoop laborers. They range throughout the West -- mostly in Californiz, Arizona, Oregon and Washington. There are sometimes newspaper ads for ranch or farm help. Also, check the bulletin boards of the local feed stores, farm equipment brokers, hardware stores and grocers. Ask the owners, as the "locals" always know what the situation is.
Go to Top of Page

berkano
Advanced Member

uSA
129 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  00:20:30  Show Profile  Visit berkano's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you doer. If I decide to follow a path like that, I would think it is a neat, anononymous, and private way to conduct my affairs of labor. ;)
Go to Top of Page

doer
Advanced Member

uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  07:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was once offered a position on a goat farm in New Hampshire. New England in general has a lot of the "self-sufficiency" movement. The Amish and Quakers wrote the book. I never took that position. Who knows where it may have led. But I have no regrets.

So how will you communicate with us? Using a bicycle-powered laptop? Just stay in touch. I am in the process of perfecting my UCC filings and continue study in the Common Law. You obviously have had a few "skirmishes," so your advice is invaluable.

As for conducting one's "affairs of labor," my feeling is that ANY honest work is acceptable -- even working for Caesar for a time. So long as we SEEK for His LIGHT, it will come to guide us in every aspect of our sojourn. The key is right motive and PATIENCE.

Doer
Go to Top of Page

godslawissupreme

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2003 :  14:41:59  Show Profile  Visit godslawissupreme's Homepage  Send godslawissupreme an ICQ Message  Click to see godslawissupreme's MSN Messenger address  Send godslawissupreme a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well my UCC is filed and Im working on the next steps to becoming more of what God wants for me
and Not what Man has in store for me.
"LIKE MORE DEBTS TO COLLECT ON AND MORE FRAUDS AND MORE LIABILITIES TO THE STRAW MAN"
WELL IM HAPPY TO BECOME AWAKEN TO THE REAL DEAL AND NOW I KNOW THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL
THANK GOD FOR THE TRUTH AND TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cornerstone Foundation
Advanced Member

uSA
254 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  09:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by berkano

Does anyone know of any intentional farming communities or co-ops in the Western States that exchange a small stipend for farm labor? I have searched the Internet and ic.org, and most everything there is communities for people who already have income. I am interested in the idea of working on a farm or in an orchard for meager pay.

berkano:

We have an irrigated farm and a non-irrigated ranch in Montana. We are interested in discussing with you the possibility you alluded to above. If others are interested...let's talk about it.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Owenbrittont
Advanced Member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2004 :  11:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check Shiloh Farms
http://www.users.nwark.com/~shilohf/community.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000