uSA
198 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  00:44:26  Show Profile
----- Original Message -----
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:45:26 -0400
To: "doer”
Subject: Re: Cheer

Greetings.
Are you playing with a full deck? Easter is about fertility worship. It is not mentioned in scripture for Israelites. Passover is. Excuse me for being so blunt, but Popish dogma is to be left behind.
----- End of Message -----

Robert,

Your admonishment is greatly appreciated, and it is far from the first time that I have been accused of playing with a light deck. For me, "holidays" are to be enjoyed as much as any other day -- but they definitely are not to be made "special." Only ONE is “special” in the entire Universe, and that is our Creator. To make anything else “special,” is to put that thing ahead of THE ONE.

Every day that I wake up is special to me, and just because it is a certain day or a certain time, does not make it any more (or less) important than any other time. On the other hand, the things of the world are here to be enjoyed. If others want to put on a festival for whatever reason, then I will gladly partake of the food, art and merriment. BUT I do so CONSCIOUSLY -- always trying NOT to lose myself in worldly pleasures.

As far as I see, we are to "pray unceasingly." This means that we are ever to be focussed on our Creator, and on doing what is right at all times. If we can maintain that connection, then we can do no wrong. Then EVERY MOMENT IS SPECIAL, and we need not be concerned about any other priority. This is what I understand should be the primary goal and purpose of my life.

I send you occasional greetings and good wishes on the flimsiest of pretenses. Mostly it is because I have stumbled upon some thing of beauty or power, and enjoy sharing it with others. "Holidays" often present such opportunities because of their nature, and so my communications frequently converge with holidays and use their themes. People NEED to “take a break” from the demands of Life; and “holidays” have become a means to that end -- as festivals celebrating important concepts in their lives. Yes, I would prefer to celebrate the Gift of Life at every breath and every moment, but failing that, “holidays” are to be enjoyed, and not to be despised. The only caveat is to not make them into an escape, as too many people sadly have done. But that is their problem, and I do not wish to make it mine.

Would I attend a festival celebrating pagan arts and culture? Certainly! It is an opportunity to educate oneself, and to discover what is the appeal of such trappings, all the while enjoying the food, music, dance, art, etc. It would be the same as attending a festival of the Hindus, Buddhists, Moslems or other religions. All such celebrations bring out people of conviction, relative to the faith which gives direction and impetus to their lives. So it is an opportunity to meet new people, to share experiences of faith, and to give witness to The Light that is within oneself, even if only silently -- by ones countenance and demeanor.

Of course I would draw the line at Satanic worship, as that is too blatantly evil. ALL religions are misguided to one degree or another, but Satanic worship seems beyond help or hope. I leave the challenge of confronting such realms, to people who can walk on water.

Although I do not go out of my way to celebrate birthdays, neither do I snub such celebrations if invited. To celebrate the birth of the body (EGO) is to celebrate the temporal, and not the Eternal. But there exists a principle that, we must build the EGO before we can understand how to transcend it. So we must extend appreciation and encouragement to Souls as much as possible, without making the occasion too “special.” The same applies to anniversaries, religious rites, rituals and other such celebrations.

Let us not forget that, as chronicled 2,000 years ago, The Master was a pretty good vintner. And all he had to work with was water! One of the guests at the wedding reception commented on how great that wine tasted, wondering why the host reserved it for last -- instead of serving the best wine first, as was then the custom. So The Master knew how to have a good time! I can just see Him hob-nobbing with the party goers. “Hey, Abraham, how’s the new chariot you bought working out? Isn’t that the latest ‘Julius’ model? When are you going to take me for a spin?”

So enjoy the things of the world, but be very clear about what is truly SPECIAL.

Be Well,
Doer

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  16:27:51  Show Profile
Greetings Ecclesia. Why Doer posted a private e-mail, I don't know. but it is fine with me. Doer sent me and others pictures of fancy painted easter eggs. satan hijacked passover from peoples minds and re-placed the feast and the true symbolisms and re-placed the ordained set-apart time with easter. Oxfords English dictionary: easter, from eostre, a goddess associated with spring. Oxfords again; satanism...the worship of satan, with a travesty of Christian form. I doubt you have allowed Yahushua "draw the line" for you concerning passover vs. easter, Doer. The majority of dumbed down christians usually come home from their SUNday celebration, after their SUNrise service, and sit down to a big plate of dead pig, sacrificed and cooked up nicely to finish the mockery. Maybe 1900 years ago, they really didn't know what they did when they refused YHWH whose Spirit was in Yahushua. This return, they will not hear the words, "Father forgive them, they know not what they do". Daniel 12 says many will be made white, others will stay wicked. For knowlege has truely increased to the point of no excuse. The wedding invitations are sent, and most all are too busy going to any festival of thier choosing and enjoying everything the world has to offer.
Go to Top of Page

Caleb
Advanced Member

Philippines
209 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2003 :  22:01:27  Show Profile
"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, ...
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye." Mark 7:6-8,13

My brothers, the times of ignorance are coming to an end and we must now all repent for the sin of Cain: worshipping our Creator however we pleased. If we continue to defend our traditions, we agree with the Pharisees and not with Yahshua.

Every instruction laid down so carefully in scripture has but one aim: to secure our holiness. We behave differently to demonstrate to the world that Yahweh has set us apart for His purposes. If we do not take His sabbaths seriously, but claim that all days are the same and that we can "have a party" whenever WE want to, then we lose all distinction from the world. We also declare that the Father wasted His time in writing such elaborate instructions for us.

Our modern Pharisees have taught us to use some carefully selected verses of scripture (stripped of their context) to justify ignoring all the rest of it. Turn off that programming and allow the Spirit to teach you what the Word says. He speaks plainly if we will only listen with a desire to obey. There are rich truths to be learned from walking in obedience, and we must learn them in order to be prepared for the marriage supper. Do you know any bride who considers the rehersal for her wedding to be a waste of time?
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2003 :  09:09:35  Show Profile
Greetings.
Our friend Caleb gets the honor to Stand and blow the trumpet...on the feast day of trumpets, {9/23} in New Zealand. New Zealand is the first anglo-saxon country to get the light of a new day...considering time zones.
What is the message of the trumpet sound? The Law and the Word shall go forth out of Zion. Father YHWH's Law is here, in force, and shall prevail. The Living Word is manifested in flesh, our flesh.

Courage is doing what is right, even though one may be fearful.
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2003 :  14:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
Robert,

I don't understand your calendar. With the start of the seventh month (Feast of Trumpets) at the AE, doesn't this create a problem with only 179 days from AE to VE?

Also of interest (to me at least) is Isaiah 49:12
12* Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim.

Sinim is from

05515 Ciyniym {see-neem'}
of an otherwise unknown name;; adj pr pl
AV - Sinim 1; 1
Sinim = "thorns"
1) a people living at the extremity of the known world; may be
identified with the inhabitants of southern China

and was identified as Australia in (I think) the Latin Vulgate. From this I infer the calendar is meant to be applied in limited areas of the Northern Hemisphere. <g>
Go to Top of Page

Caleb
Advanced Member

Philippines
209 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2003 :  17:41:19  Show Profile
The message will go forth in about four hours. Look for an update on the thread "Arrested again, and again."

Walter, I am no calendar expert, but the verse you quoted immediately caught my attention. New Zealand is indeed "at the extremity of the known world" ... of today. The verse metions North and West, while New Zealand is as far East and South as you can go. But the real kicker is the meaning of Sinim = "thorns."

When the British immigrated here they brought many things from their homeland. One of these was a bush called gorse that was used to make hedgerows to border their fields. Well, gorse made great hedgerows in England, but here in New Zealand it found a climate where it thrived like never before. Suddenly, instead of sticking to the hedgerows, it was sprouting up wherever there was a patch of unused ground. Today, whenever you clear some land, gorse is always the first thing to spring up. It covers the countryside here and is impossible to control. You might clear it out of your field, but it will still be in your neighbor's and the seeds are still lying dormant under your own field should you ever stop grazing it.

What is gorse like? Picture a large thorn that shoots up out of which branches a series of thorns, out of each of which branches yet another series of thorns. You have a bush that is literally nothing but thorns! Then come the zillions of flowers per bush each of which turns into around six seeds in a pod. Lord of the Rings notwithstanding, unless they deposit half of China here to cultivate every square inch, this will remain the land of thorns.
Go to Top of Page

True North
Advanced Member

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  08:00:27  Show Profile
Shalom on this day of the blowing of the shofar

Thanks to Robert-James for the link,

Caleb; You are an example to follow, shalom,

Manuel; keep writing your works are evident to Him

Walter; the following might be worth your time

From: many different threads of hers @ http://www.meguiar.addr.com/Deborah_T_of_C.htm#Back to Eden

BY: Deborah Taylor

Jahwah's Sacred Calendar

The Weekly Lunar Sabbath

HOW THE SACRED CALENDAR IS DETERMINED

... the first day of this current or Sixth month (New Moon) on Jahwah's Calendar began at sundown on Thursday, August 28th, and ended on Friday, August 29th, at sundown . The first Sabbath, which is the 7th day of the first week of this month (New Moon), begins at sundown on Wednesday, the 3rd of September, and ends at sundown on Thursday, September 4th, and is therefore from sundown Wednesday to sundown Thursday throughout this New Moon.
All annual Sabbaths are kept in the Houses of the Sun (the constellations - the Stars) in a solar year (according to the Sun). Shavuot is an annual feast, BUT you are counting weekly Sabbaths according to the MOON. Jahwah is telling us where in the solar year we are to count these Weekly Sabbaths of the Moon...

...The ones following the floating Passover in the lunar year use two different methods:

Some follow the Sadducees which say:

One must begin the count on the day following the first Weekly Sabbath of Saturday (according to the pagan week) that follows the First Day of Feast of Unleavened Bread, i.e. they began their count on March 31 and will celebrate Shavuot on May 19. This way of counting always ends on SUNDAY.

Others follow the Pharisees:

One must begin the count on the day following the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, i.e. on Nisan 16th - a lunar month in a lunar year. Shavuot and the 50th day usually fall on the 5th or 6th day of the lunar month of Sivan. This year they celebrated the first day of Unleavened Bread on March 29th and began the count on March the 30th and will celebrate Shavuot on Saturday, May 18 - a double Sabbath, i.e. a Saturday weekly Sabbath and Shavuot.

The Scriptures, plus the Book of Jubilees, both state that Passover must be held on the exact same day every year, which is absolutely impossible in a lunar year, as the moon wanders. The Creation Calendar holds ALL ANNUAL FEASTS according to the SUN in a solar year in its months (for lack of a better word) according to the constellations - the STARS, i.e. the Houses of the Sun. Shavuot must always be held in the House of Gemini, the House of the Oath - the House of the Twins. Both of the above Shavuots of the Pharisees and the Sadducees will be celebrated in the House of Taurus this year, which is the House of Judgment. I personally expect a great judgment coming down this year on those celebrating Shavuot in the wrong house, as judgment comes forth from Jahwah on those approaching at the wrong appointed time, for instance Abihu and Nadab...

...Forget about the time the others celebrate these feasts, as they are concerned ONLY with the counting according to the Creation Calendar and not that of Babylonian Calendar...

In order to reprogram our thinking, I will list the Houses of the Sun where they fall by their pagan dates (keeping one thing in mind, these dates may have to be changed as Jahwah brings in more enlightenment) :

Aries March 22 - April 21

Passover is held each year on the 14th day of this House. Feast of Unleavened Bread is held each year between the 15th and the 21st day of this House.

Taurus April 22 - May 22

Gemini May 23 - June 22 (Shavuot is always held in this House.)

Cancer June 23 - July 23

Leo July 24 - August 23

Virgo August 24 - September 22

Libra September 23 - October 22

Feast of Trumpets - Rosh HaShanah also called Yom Teruwah is celebrated on the first day of this House.
The Day of Atonement - Yom ha Kipurim is celebrated on the 10th day of this House.
Feast of Tabernacles - Sukkot is celebrated from the 15th to the 22nd day of this House.

Scorpio October 23 - November 21

Sagittarius November 22 - December 21

Capricorn December 22 - January 20

Aquarius January 21 - February 19

Pisces February 20 - March 21

The creation calendar was erected in the three lights of heaven:

The moon keeps the weeks & Sabbaths.

The Houses of the Sun - the Constellations - the stars keep the months of the solar year.

The Sun keeps the years...

...The original Garden of Eden calendar was created on the fourth day of creation. In this Garden of Time, Mr. & Mrs. Adam walked and talked with Jahwah. Only after partaking of the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil, did they hide among the trees trying to escape the appointed times for meeting with Jahwah; thus today, man still creates a calendar that eliminates the appointed times for meeting with Jahwah.

Eden = Nde is derived from iddan – Nde,[i] which is (Aramaic) from a root corresponding to that of 5708; a set time; technically, a year; time.

To summarize, Eden is derived from the Hebrew word iddan, meaning time, as fixed, appointed, definite a set time; a year. It is a Garden of Set-Times; It is a Year Garden; It is time that is covered over, protected, concealed from observation. Eden is the Door that opens the understanding to life; it is the path leading to the Tree of Life (Jahshuwah-the Torah). The testimony and continual witness of this Actual Time Garden is set in the lights of heaven. They record the actual times for meeting with Jahwah. Each created light plays a part in Jahwah's calendar, not just the moon or not just the moon and the sun. The stars must be included...

Edited by - True North on 24 Sep 2003 03:25:59
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  12:06:45  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
Caleb: Interesting about the thorns.

TN: Jahwahs. That sounds like the name of those little, hooded, funny-noise-making critters from the original Star Wars movie.
As for Deborah Taylor's article, I find it confused and without basis. She's making assertions she hasn't (and can't) back up. I've also studied the calendar to the point of confidence that the Bible calendar is solar only. The Pharisees kept a different calendar than Jesus, by the way. That's how it came to be that Jesus and His disciples kept the passover the night before he was murdered, and the Pharisees kept their's the night after.
The Strong's information I have says that Eden mean pleasure, btw, and is not seen to derive from "iddan."
Go to Top of Page

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  19:43:13  Show Profile
Greetings all.
The Law and sabbaths are, in fact, types and shadows of the real. Even the sixth day man is an image. [shadow].
For simplicity's sake, just what is your message that needs to be sounded...clearly, on this day of blowing of trumpets? And continue sending out the distinct message throught your daily walk.
A dear brother stated to me today, one word...repentance. I concur, and in the details, state...Come out of her, My People. Come out of the ss#'s, ALL CAP fictious clay pot, religious babylon {start with 501 C-3 churches}, the fictious U.S. CORPORATION. Be ye seperate, and touch not the unclean, and I Will Be a Father to You! {YaH = I Will Be...Father =abba}. Daddy, who promises to protect His Children, feed, clothe, and care for every need. The children of Israel 'proved' YHWH in their wilderness walk. He proved true to his Word. The children that would not heed, He had to destroy, listen, for Our edification. The writer of the book of hebrews was worried that this would happen again.
Simple question...who is your government? The government shall be upon His shoulder. {Neck}. Want to stick your neck out? and receive His government?
Obedience is better than sacrifice. Though He were a son, yet He learned obedience through the things He suffered.
YHWH called His Son out of Egypt.
If one will mark the spring and fall marker days, a child can find the feast days! Ten days from today is the day of atonement. [YaHuSHuaH's day of nativity}.
Thanks, and peace unto thy house.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000