New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2003 :  11:17:15  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
I wasn't sure which forum was best to post this message, but this one seemed as good as any.

For those interested in the Hebrew Old Testament, you may find "Hebrew Interlinear Bible" (HIB) of use - a Windows 95/98 program. I'm getting close to uploading version 1.9, and thought some here would like to preview it and offer suggestions and bug reports before I send it off to simtel.net. There have been various problems with HIB encountered by users of newer and international versions of Windows which I have been unable to fix (as I cannot reproduce them on my computer), but I'm hoping that the new installer program will solve at least some of those problems. The install program for HIB 1.9 can be had at:
ftp://24.170.166.191/pub/hib19.exe

Also note that I hold an uncommon view on the Hebrew character set and symbolism. My unfinished and unpolished (as seems too common with me, sadly) web article on the symbolism of the paleo or archaic hebrew letters, for those interested, is here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~walterk12/HIB/HebrewSymbols.html

Comments welcomed.

Walter

Robert-James
Advanced Member

uSA
353 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2003 :  20:42:43  Show Profile
Walter, some Israelite believers studying paleo=hebrew: brtstone@theoffice.net
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  19:50:15  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
To let anyone who might download the program know, there are access permission issues still not worked out for Windows 2000 and up. I've been trying to get passed these for the last few days, but as I only have Win 98 myself, I have to rely on an internet contact who is giving me feedback from his testing, and other internet resources, and things are slow going. I hope to have these problems (whatever their source) fixed within the week, IAUE willing.
Go to Top of Page

Walter
Advanced Member

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  20:08:20  Show Profile  Visit Walter's Homepage
HIB is now reported as running under Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The install program is at the URL given above.
I have it in mind to upload to SimTel.net tomorrow, should anyone want to comment on it beforehand.

Walter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000