ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 The Roman World
 Civil Governments
 Postal Money Order

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
narrowalk Posted - 08 Jul 2008 : 12:11:49
Greetings. I have just recently moved to a new area where I am not known at all by the locals. I received my mail and opened a letter right there in the P.O. and found what I was waiting for. A Postal Money order. So, I went right up to the counter and asked the clerk if she could cash it and she said, "Sure, I need to see your Driver License please", and I was shocked. I had been told by everyone that is either out or somewhat getting out of the system that it is best to have Postal M.O. because you do not need an I.D. to cash them. Was I misinformed or has something changed? If I want to get rid of my DL how will I cash a M.O. if I have no identification? Thank you.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mary Posted - 04 Feb 2009 : 08:58:02
Anyone heard anything from Lewis since his last post here, nearly 6 months ago?

The "journey" of life has many possible roads. The sovereign individual chooses the one less traveled.
Mary Posted - 28 Oct 2008 : 06:35:50
What happened to the posts made after the Third Day of October Two Thousand and Eight; they seem to have disappeared?

The "journey" of life has many possible roads. The sovereign individual chooses the one less traveled.
Mary Posted - 08 Sep 2008 : 05:00:33
Lewis, have you ever used your identification paper for cashing a Postal Money Order at a Post Office™?

narrowalk Posted - 12 Aug 2008 : 23:13:43

Hey Lewis, what exactly is an Archetype? I have not heard of that. Thanx
Lewish Posted - 09 Aug 2008 : 13:19:13
I use an Archetype. It is 8-1/2 x 14 front and back. Two witnesses in Common Law, and a State Notary section. It has worked at every Post Office so far.

Lewis
difranco Posted - 08 Aug 2008 : 00:36:47
As someone on this board once suggested.... You might be able to create an "Affidavit of Identification" wallet sized and have it witnessed by 3 people on the back and notarized by a state authorized public notary which might allow you to cash that MO.

==================================================
“When you set to dine with a ruler, note well what is placed before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony. Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive.”- Proverbs 23:1-3
Mark Posted - 25 Jul 2008 : 09:27:09
quote:
Originally posted by narrowalk

Greetings. I have just recently moved to a new area where I am not known at all by the locals. I received my mail and opened a letter right there in the P.O. and found what I was waiting for. A Postal Money order. So, I went right up to the counter and asked the clerk if she could cash it and she said, "Sure, I need to see your Driver License please", and I was shocked. I had been told by everyone that is either out or somewhat getting out of the system that it is best to have Postal M.O. because you do not need an I.D. to cash them. Was I misinformed or has something changed? If I want to get rid of my DL how will I cash a M.O. if I have no identification? Thank you.

Postal Money Orders are negotiable interments.
You would have to insist that the PMO given or sent to you, be left blank. Therefor you can negotiate them with friends, family or who ever is willing to except them for payment or exchange.

Peace
Mary Posted - 13 Jul 2008 : 17:32:15
quote:
Was I misinformed or has something changed?

You were misinformed; and as you can see below, the Post Office™ even requires a "current government-issued or state-issued picture identification" for purchases over a certain amount.

Money Orders let you send money safely through the mail.
Postal Money Orders are a safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. They can be purchased from any Post Office™ locations in the United States as well as from any rural route carrier, available up to $1,000 each. A current government-issued or state-issued picture identification is required for money order purchases of $3,000 or more in a single day.

ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000