ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 The Roman World
 Civil Governments
 IRS - Just Stick It?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bondservant Posted - 25 Sep 2015 : 20:46:31
The following transcript is from ABC's television series BOSTON LEGAL, "Stick It", Season 2, Episode 19, Broadcast on March 14, 2006:

D.A. Jonathan Shapiro: Clearly she committed a crime. She didn’t pay her taxes. The only question is will you hold her accountable. Now. No doubt, Mr Shore will try to paint her as some kind of activist hero. But she is no hero, folks. At a time when freedom has never been more precarious in this country, for her to refuse her civic duty and legal duty to pay her taxes, while we have soldiers dying over there. This woman’s deliberate action is as unpatriotic, as un-American, as it is illegal. This is the cut-and-run behavior of a coward. Don’t you dare declare her a hero.

Alan Shore: When the weapons of mass destruction thing turned out not to be true, I expected the American people to rise up. Ha! They didn't. Then, when the Abu Ghraib torture thing surfaced and it was revealed that our government participated in rendition, a practice where we kidnap people and turn them over to regimes who specialize in torture, I was sure then the American people would be heard from. We stood mute.

Then came the news that we jailed thousands of so-called terrorist suspects, locked them up without the right to a trial or even the right to confront their accusers.

Certainly, we would never stand for that. We did. And now, it's been discovered the executive branch has been conducting massive, illegal, domestic surveillance on its own citizens. You and me. And I at least consoled myself that finally, finally the American people will have had enough. Evidentially, we haven't.

In fact, if the people of this country have spoken, the message is we're okay with it all. Torture, warrantless search and seizure, illegal wiretappings, prison without a fair trial or any trial, war on false pretenses. We, as a citizenry, are apparently not offended. There are no demonstrations on college campuses. In fact, there's no clear indication that young people even seem to notice.

Well, Melissa Hughes noticed. Now, you might think, instead of withholding her taxes, she could have protested the old fashioned way. Made a placard and demonstrated at a Presidential or Vice-Presidential appearance, but we've lost the right to that as well. The Secret Service can now declare free speech zones to contain, control and, in effect, criminalize protest.

Stop for a second and try to fathom that.

At a presidential rally, parade or appearance, if you have on a supportive t-shirt, you can be there. If you’re wearing or carrying something in protest, you can be removed.

This! In the United States of America. This! In the United States of America. Is Melissa Hughes the only one embarrassed?

And what I'm most sick and tired of is how every time somebody disagrees with how the government is running things, he or she is labeled un-American.

D.A. Jonathan Shapiro: Evidentially, it's speech time.

Alan Shore: And speech in this country is free, you hack! Free for me, free for you. Free for Melissa Hughes to stand up to her government and say, "Stick it"!

D.A. Jonathan Shapiro: Objection!

Alan Shore: I object to government abusing its power to squash the constitutional freedoms of its citizenry. And, God forbid, anybody challenge it, they're smeared as being a heretic. Melissa Hughes is an American. Melissa Hughes is an American. Melissa Hughes is an American!

Judge Robert Sanders: Mr. Shore. Unless you have anything new and fresh to say, please sit down. You've breached the decorum of my courtroom with all this hooting.

Alan Shore: Last night, I went to bed with a book. Not as much fun as a 29-year-old, but the book contained a speech by Adlai Stevenson. The year was 1952.

He said, "The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live and fear breeds repression.

Too often, sinister threats to the Bill of Rights, to freedom of the mind are concealed under the patriotic cloak of anti-Communism."

Today, it's the cloak of anti-terrorism. Stevenson also remarked, "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them.”

I know we are all afraid. But the Bill of Rights - we have to live up to that. We simply must. That's all Melissa Hughes was trying to say. She was speaking for you. I would ask you now to go back to that room and speak for her.

--------------------------

http://www.boston-legal.org/19-stickit/ep19-stickit.shtml
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Manuel Posted - 29 Sep 2015 : 12:37:31
Greetings,
I was just about to inquire what Jay Scott was actually trying to say, or do.

Blessings,
Manuel
Bondservant Posted - 29 Sep 2015 : 12:16:28
Learn from His Truth, Jay. The Christ was cleansing the temple from unlawful usury and fraudulent exchanges by the money-changer bankers. It needs to be done in this day and age as well. As for spreading hearsay about other people in an inciteful manner, from the previous posts, what are you specifically referring to?

He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living... - Mark 12:27
Jay Scott Posted - 29 Sep 2015 : 12:04:53
I had a hunch someone would bring that up. That was something that affected him directly and was within his circle of influence, and apparently he felt lead to do at the time.

How does it justify spreading hearsay about other people, particularly in an inciteful manner?

The thought of leaving the forum did cross my mind, but I'm hoping there are still like-minded people here, like there once was, what drew me here a decade ago, like I think this forum was founded on.

I do appreciate you not censoring my comments or disabling my account on this forum, as I expect you are capable.

Bondservant Posted - 29 Sep 2015 : 11:23:34
"And he made for himself a whip from rope and cast all of them out of The Temple, and the sheep, the lambs, and money exchangers, and he poured out their money and overturned their tables." (John 2:15)

Jay, you can always stop participating in this forum if you don't agree with something that's posted. Perhaps you should start a forum of your own where you can freely censor what you deem to be "rage-mongering".

He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living... - Mark 12:27
Jay Scott Posted - 29 Sep 2015 : 10:46:10
WWJD. Better yet, what DID "Jesus" do? That is, as far as we can determine from scriptures.

Are you under the impression there were no "Gestapo Tactics" employed by tax collectors of that time? What IS our biblical example of the Christ interacting with a tax collector? And, generally, did the one who we choose to model our life after ever inflame rage among the people by focusing attention on the atrocities going on?

Am I saying turn a blind eye? No. Pretend it's not happening? No. Trust people acting as government service agents? No. Rather, if YOU are trespassed against, what does the bible prescribe? Go to the trespasser, if no remedy, bring your brothers and try again, etc. If you SEE someone in your circle of influence trespassed against, go to their aid. But fear-mongering and rage-mongering by copying and pasting contentious speech? http://www.agentfortruth.com/home/irs-secret-gestapo-tactics-revealed

Doesn't a soft answer still turneth away wrath? Doesn't a harsh answer fuel the wrath? If it does, what ultimately comes from seditious propaganda? More oppression! Makes me wonder who's behind these efforts, and who do you serve by promoting them.

Frankly, brothers, I'm disappointed to see this sort of provocative material on this forum.
Manuel Posted - 28 Sep 2015 : 21:46:37
IRS Secret Gestapo Tactics Revealed

Friday July 10th in Austin, Texas I joined Attorney Robert Bernhoft of the Bernhoft Law Firm on the Infowars Nightly News hosted by Lee Ann McAdoo where we focused on the use of newly discovered “Secret Police” styled tactics used by federal agents against the law-abiding American public as well as one particular American who is fighting back with a lawsuit to put a stop to such illegal and unconstitutional conduct.

Read and download the actual section of the IRS Internal Revenue Manual (the official IRS internal policy manual that instructs IRS agents how to do their jobs) that describes how IRS agents are to utilize the "parallel construction" tactic. 

You will be truly shocked at this new low in government disdain for your privacy and your rights, especially your right to due process of law and the right to confront your accuser, not to mention the enormous damage done to the bedrock principle of telling the truth under oath. 

The Nightly News segment dealing solely with the Secret Police-styled Investigative Tactics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuZj6liSe6Q 

The Nightly News episode in its entirety is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83oMY-8Z1hs

The first segment discussing these illegal tactics begins at 34:45

The second segment discussing these illegal tactics begins at 1:00:25 

In-depth Articles Describing These Outrageous Investigative Practices:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/05/us-dea-sod-idUSBRE97409R20130805

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/16/us-usa-dea-data-idUKKBN0KP2DD20150116

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/08/us-dea-irs-idUSBRE9761AZ20130808

I urge you to tell your family, friends and co-workers, especially any lawyers and law enforcement officers you know, about this important interview regarding these outrageous enforcement tactics.  Of course, making sure congressional office phones ring off the hook and informing other media outlets are also extremely important tasks as well. The only way we can stop these outrageous tactics is by having enough Americans learn that the outrages are even going on so that they can later more forcefully express their outrage.

SPREAD THIS INFORMATION FAR AND WIDE!
Jay Scott Posted - 26 Sep 2015 : 09:27:38
You judge a tree by it's fruit. If the tree bears destruction my guess it's the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not the tree of life, no matter what you call it. I too suffer the fruit you describe even though I too have been refusing to consent. But because the fruit is still bitter tells me I'm still serving mammon. Notice "refusing to consent" is not found in the admonition posted above: "Take therefore no though for the morrow", etc.
Bondservant Posted - 26 Sep 2015 : 09:16:09
Even when you don't serve mammon and function outside of their admiralty and administrative jurisdiction by standing on His land, they will still attack to steal, kill and destroy Godly men. Christians are targeted by the IRS foreign corporation (under the auspices of the private International Monetary Fund corporation) especially when they operate outside of their Lex Romana system. I am one of those targeted victims because for 33 years I have refused to consent to their licenses, numbers, registrations, contracts, ad nauseam.
Jay Scott Posted - 26 Sep 2015 : 08:43:14
I suggest all that's a consequence of serving mammon. Don't like it? Stop serving mammon...enter the "kingdom of God". A couple things about that: 1) far easier said than done, 2) I'm preaching to myself.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/book.php?book=Matthew&chapter=6

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Jay Scott Posted - 26 Sep 2015 : 08:23:07
...and a youtube vid with most of the audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzeyQGE6yU

ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000