ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY
ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 The Roman World
 Statute Law
 Trusts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
narrowalk Posted - 03 Jun 2007 : 03:53:35
Greetings, been awhile since I posted here. I have a question about trusts. Are they or can they be a good thing?? Say you want to buy some property, is a trust a good way to protect you assests? Or, if several people want to purchase land together to have a trust with a board of trustees to make decisions about the property. Or is there a better way to purchase property and keep your name out of it and protect the asset??
Thank you for any responses and help in this area.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lewish Posted - 08 Oct 2007 : 17:52:52
Marty,

It is different is different STATES. In some it is a separate document, in others it is part of the Deed of Trust. In others it is part of the Mortgage. You will just have to check your documents to see where they did it.

Lewis
A Man on the Land on Washington as a Citizen thereon.
Cornerstone Foundation Posted - 06 Sep 2007 : 16:30:43
quote:
Originally posted by Lewish

A trust, when properly constructed, is a good way of holding property. But, you also need to know and understand, that at the closing for the purchase and transfer of the property, you are creating yet another trust which "gifts" the property to the State.

Lewis,

Are you referring to what the STATE calls a "realty transfer certificate"?

Please elaborate on what you stated in the quote above.

Best Regards,

Marty
narrowalk Posted - 05 Sep 2007 : 19:44:18
Thanx Lewish, I have not been checking the forum very often because it seemed all too quiet for awhile. It is good to see you back on here and I will take your advise and read up on trusts. I did not realize a trust would gift property back to the state. Sooooo much to learn. Thanx again.
Lewish Posted - 03 Sep 2007 : 19:41:16
Hello narrowalk,

You use trusts all the time. You just may not realize it. Any time you enter into a contract agreement, you have created a trust. When you go into a court and say your first word, you have granted a constructive trust.

A trust, when properly constructed, is a good way of holding property. But, you also need to know and understand, that at the closing for the purchase and transfer of the property, you are creating yet another trust which "gifts" the property to the State.

There is much to know about trusts, and I encourage you to study up about them and know as much as you can about them.

Peace be with you,

Lewis
A Man on the Land on Washington as a Citizen thereon.
Jay Scott Posted - 03 Jun 2007 : 11:51:50
A warm greeting to you, narrowalk.

I've found this yahoo discussion group to be a wealth of information about trusts:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TRUSTEES_AGENTS/

I don't have an opinion about the value, application, or use of trusts, but I think the group above is at least one good place to learn about them so one can make better informed decisions.

Be blessed.

Jay Scott.

ECCLESIASTIC COMMONWEALTH COMMUNITY © 2003-2020 Ecclesiastic Commonwealth Community Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000